Sunday

Standard memberWulebgr
Sports 02 Feb '07 08:45
  1. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Joined
    08 Dec '04
    Moves
    16907
    02 Feb '07 08:45
    BEARS +6
  2. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Joined
    22 Jun '04
    Moves
    39593
    02 Feb '07 09:05
    Colts 34 Bears 14.

    The superiority of the AFC gets proven big time. The Bear defense is full of holes and the Colt defense has really stepped up in the playoffs. There is, of course, no comparison between the offenses. Barring a rash of Colt turnovers and some big returns by Hester (who hasn't done much in the playoffs), I think the Colts win easily.
  3. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Joined
    08 Dec '04
    Moves
    16907
    02 Feb '07 09:09
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Colts 34 Bears 14.

    The superiority of the AFC gets proven big time. The Bear defense is full of holes and the Colt defense has really stepped up in the playoffs. There is, of course, no comparison between the offenses. Barring a rash of Colt turnovers and some big returns by Hester (who hasn't done much in the playoffs), I think the Colts win easily.
    betcha rong No2!!

    😛
  4. over there
    Joined
    12 Sep '06
    Moves
    749
    02 Feb '07 12:17
    Bears win it.
  5. Standard memberPocketKings
    Banned from edits
    Grammar dyslexic
    Joined
    20 May '05
    Moves
    11372
    02 Feb '07 13:37
    I'm going to say Viniteiri will hit about 7 field goals and be the MVP. It won't hurt the Colts that Manning will choke in the big game because his worst game is still better than Grossman's best. Colts by at least 10.
  6. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Joined
    08 Dec '04
    Moves
    16907
    02 Feb '07 14:52
    Originally posted by Falco Lombardi
    Bears win it.
    Falco's supporting the Bears? Perhaps I should rethink my position. 😕

    I was a Colts fan the first time I watched the Superbowl (they beat the Cowboys).
  7. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Joined
    08 Dec '04
    Moves
    16907
    02 Feb '07 14:56
    Originally posted by PocketKings
    I'm going to say Viniteiri will hit about 7 field goals and be the MVP. It won't hurt the Colts that Manning will choke in the big game because his worst game is still better than Grossman's best. Colts by at least 10.
    I'd love to see a game with nothing but field goals. The Colts' win over Baltimore was terrific!
  8. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    45179
    02 Feb '07 15:53
    Originally posted by Wulebgr
    Falco's supporting the Bears? Perhaps I should rethink my position. 😕

    I was a Colts fan the first time I watched the Superbowl (they beat the Cowboys).
    Don't you play the odds? Falco is DUE.

    My brain says the Colts but I have two friends who are huge Bears fans so I will be rooting for them on Sunday.
  9. This is embarrasking
    Joined
    17 Nov '05
    Moves
    38416
    02 Feb '07 16:50
    I don't want the Bears to win because they beat New Orleans and trashed them while doing it, but I think they will. The Bears defense is as fine tuned as they come in today's NFL. And Grossman while not the greatest of QB's does enough to get the job done. Not knocking Manning or the Colts by any means. I like the team. But, all year long the teams I wanted to win never did. Why would I think anything would change now?
  10. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Joined
    22 Jun '04
    Moves
    39593
    02 Feb '07 19:42
    Originally posted by cashthetrash
    I don't want the Bears to win because they beat New Orleans and trashed them while doing it, but I think they will. The Bears defense is as fine tuned as they come in today's NFL. And Grossman while not the greatest of QB's does enough to get the job done. Not knocking Manning or the Colts by any means. I like the team. But, all year long the teams I wanted to win never did. Why would I think anything would change now?
    The Stats say the Bear defense is vastly overrated esp. since Tommy Harris went down. The Raven defense is far better and a number of defenses in the AFC are also superior based on regular season performance.
  11. 127.0.0.1
    Joined
    27 Oct '05
    Moves
    158564
    02 Feb '07 20:02
    All I know is that the broadcast is on CBS and they got dropped from Mediacoms digital service due to some legal fightor another....
  12. Standard memberChessplaya548
    Dark Legend
    Galaxy near You
    Joined
    28 Dec '05
    Moves
    46202
    02 Feb '07 22:46
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    The Stats say the Bear defense is vastly overrated esp. since Tommy Harris went down. The Raven defense is far better and a number of defenses in the AFC are also superior based on regular season performance.
    If Bush hadn't been Showboating during the game as if he was home in New Orleans, we would be looking at a Saints-Colts SB. You can't rile up a defense like the Bears and not expect the snot beaten out of you.
  13. Edmonton, Alberta
    Joined
    25 Nov '04
    Moves
    2101
    03 Feb '07 07:22
    Put me down for the colts. Guess um... 28-20 Colts.
  14. This is embarrasking
    Joined
    17 Nov '05
    Moves
    38416
    03 Feb '07 08:22
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    The Stats say the Bear defense is vastly overrated esp. since Tommy Harris went down. The Raven defense is far better and a number of defenses in the AFC are also superior based on regular season performance.
    Yet none of those other teams are going to be playing in the Superbowl. The only stat that matters now is when they play the Colts. Personally, I think the Bears are under rated. But as I said I want the Colts to win.
  15. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Joined
    22 Jun '04
    Moves
    39593
    03 Feb '07 09:001 edit
    Originally posted by cashthetrash
    Yet none of those other teams are going to be playing in the Superbowl. The only stat that matters now is when they play the Colts. Personally, I think the Bears are under rated. But as I said I want the Colts to win.
    SOMEBODY from the NFC had to get there; that "reasoning" is moronic. The AFC killed the NFC in interconference games this year (40-24 AFC); even the mighty Bears could only break even - including getting mauled at home by the 6-10 Dolphins. "Underrated"??? LMAO!
Back to Top