1. Joined
    02 Feb '06
    Moves
    22 Jan '08 17:15
    Originally posted by whodey
    Not to burst anyones bubble but hav'nt the Giants already lost to the Pats this year?
    Yeah but according to Giants fans the Giants are magically 10 times better since then. As if choking against the Patriots has somehow transformed them.
  2. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    22 Jan '08 17:17
    Not to burst anyones bubble but hav'nt the Giants already lost to the Pats this year?
    What? The 38-35 win in week 17? That's supposed to burst the bubble of the Giants fans? That is retarded. The Giants showed that week that they were championship caliber and more importantly, that game gave them the confidence they needed to go out and win three on the road in the playoffs (last team to do that? Pittsburgh in 2005, Super Bowl winners). The Patriots had 16-0 on the line in that game. The Giants had nothing on the line. That game, to them, was as meaningless as a pre-season game. That game showed the Giants had a lot of heart and the capability to give the Patriots a run for their money.
  3. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    22 Jan '08 17:18
    Originally posted by Ullr
    Yeah but according to Giants fans the Giants are magically 10 times better since then. As if choking against the Patriots has somehow transformed them.
    WOW!

LT was right about you guys. You must get it from the head coach.
  4. Joined
    02 Feb '06
    Moves
    22 Jan '08 17:22
    Originally posted by darvlay
    WOW!

LT was right about you guys. You must get it from the head coach.
    LT who? Oh you mean that loser that sat on the bench last weekend and cried underneath his visor?
  5. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    22 Jan '08 17:34
    You're right sorry it is 3 games. I agree with you that he's played very well the past 4 weeks and I expect he'll continue to play well in the SB. My point is that he's not as good as Brady. He just isn't and the facts this year and in the past prove it.

The Pats have had plenty of tough games.

Indy on the road
    Pittsburgh
    Giants on the road
    Jacksonv ...[text shortened]... home or on the road. You don't really think Green Bay is a better team than New England?
    The Pats certainly haven't been dominating teams like they were the first half of the year. Brady had a pretty bad game last week, throwing three picks. While it would be a stretch to claim that Eli is "better" than Brady, he's played very well in the playoffs completing over 70% of his passes and more importantly, not turning the ball over once in three games.

The Giants got torched in their first games against the two best teams in the NFC, the Cowboys and the Packers giving up an average of 40 points per game. But they held those two teams to 68 points in the rematches or only 23 points a game. If they show the same level of improvement aginst the Pats, they'll keep them in the 20's and have a chance to win. The Pat defense has looked shaky in the second half and Eli tossed 4 TDs against them in December. IF the Giants can avoid turnovers and not give up the deep passes (Brady had no completion over 18 yards against the Chargers), they stand a good chance of shocking the Pats. I'd rate the probability of that happening around 30%, but I will be surprised if the Pats blow Big Blue out.
  6. Joined
    02 Feb '06
    Moves
    22 Jan '08 17:38
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    The Pats certainly haven't been dominating teams like they were the first half of the year. Brady had a pretty bad game last week, throwing three picks. While it would be a stretch to claim that Eli is "better" than Brady, he's played very well in the playoffs completing over 70% of his passes and more importantly, not turning the ball over once in three ...[text shortened]... lity of that happening around 30%, but I will be surprised if the Pats blow Big Blue out.
    I generally agree with your assesment. I do think we'll see a lot more deep balls thrown and completed though from both sides now that we're out of the cold and wind and into a dome. Mostly this helps Brady.
  7. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    22 Jan '08 17:42
    I generally agree with your assesment. I do think we'll see a lot more deep balls thrown and completed though from both sides now that we're out of the cold and wind and into a dome. Mostly this helps Brady.
    Moss had single coverage from the Giants secondary in the December game. Don't expect that again.
  8. Joined
    02 Feb '06
    Moves
    22 Jan '08 17:59
    Originally posted by darvlay
    Moss had single coverage from the Giants secondary in the December game. Don't expect that again.
    And there in lies the problem. I hope they do double cover Moss. It will make more room for the other guys and give them less opportunity to blitz.
  9. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    22 Jan '08 22:43
    Super Bowl predictions? I say the Bengals will win it all!!
  10. USA
    Moves
    23 Jan '08 15:14
    Super Bowl predictions? I say the Bengals will win it all!!
    shut up...

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree