Taylor breaks Eduardos leg

Taylor breaks Eduardos leg

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

r
Ginger Scum

Paranoia

Moves
23 Feb 08

A tackle so bad that the BBC say the TV coverage isn't showing a replay of it. Hope Taylor (sent off for the challenge) is suspended for as long as Eduardo can't play.

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
23 Feb 08

Originally posted by rhb
Hope Taylor (sent off for the challenge) is suspended for as long as Eduardo can't play.
Did you see it?

r
Ginger Scum

Paranoia

Moves
23 Feb 08
1 edit

Originally posted by Palynka
Did you see it?
nope - been out, just got in, and don't have sky tv either. It'll be on youtube in the next few days I'm sure.

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
23 Feb 08

I haven't seen the video, but although the pictures look horrible, it seems Martin Taylor wasn't out to injure him, but was late on the tackle. He isn't even looking at Eduardo when he hit him.

Still, it's a bad tackle, obviously, but I'd say somewhere in the range of 4/6 matches.

I'd have to see the video to comment more precisely, though.

j

Moves
23 Feb 08

My bro says he had tubes all over him going off on the stretcher!!!
Dunno if thats true but sounds horrific

C

England

Moves
23 Feb 08

Watching the game on sky. The angle they showed it didn't look to bad. I rewound and watched it a few times as at first I couldn't see why the red card came out. The reaction on the players around soon made you realise how bad it was.
No doubt one of the tabloids will have a graphic photo of it splurged across the back pages tomorrow 😞

s

6yd box

Moves
23 Feb 08

wish the young boy all the best and a quick return to action.

taylor was not at fault, it was one of those things... he does not reserve to get a long ban, just the usual for a red card, which was a bit harsh.

m

Moves
23 Feb 08

Originally posted by jacko13
My bro says he had tubes all over him going off on the stretcher!!!
Dunno if thats true but sounds horrific
He needed oxygen and got sent straight to the hospital where they're thinking about operating right away.
http://www.thepost.ie/breakingnews/sport/mhojaucwqloj/
That ankle don't look so good 🙁

b

Bramall Lane

Moves
23 Feb 08

I saw it, the tackle was nothing, I didn't think it even deserved a yellow.

I find Wenger's comments after the match distateful.
For someone that habitually 'doesn't see incidents' from the dugout it's amazing that he managed to see this incident!
"He shouldn't be allowed on a football pitch ever again" - is a ridiculous comment.

r
Ginger Scum

Paranoia

Moves
23 Feb 08

I don't like the video editors comments - but this video show the tackle and then a couple of close up stills showing the studs in and the moment after.

Wouldn't watch beyond 24seconds if squeamish.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=optZxIy57sI

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
23 Feb 08

Originally posted by rhb
I don't like the video editors comments - but this video show the tackle and then a couple of close up stills showing the studs in and the moment after.

It's a clear red, but not deserving of a very long ban. I'd say 3/4 games max.

r
Ginger Scum

Paranoia

Moves
23 Feb 08

Having seen it, it doesn't appear malicious - just a damn good (or bad depending on how you look at it) contact.

b

Bramall Lane

Moves
23 Feb 08

I disagree.

The only reason he got a red is because the referee has equated the damage done to a malicious tackle.

It wasn't malicious at all.

b

Bramall Lane

Moves
23 Feb 08

Originally posted by rhb

Sky must've hijacked youtube... that video isn't available now!

s

6yd box

Moves
23 Feb 08

Originally posted by blade68
I saw it, the tackle was nothing, I didn't think it even deserved a yellow.

I find Wenger's comments after the match distateful.
For someone that habitually 'doesn't see incidents' from the dugout it's amazing that he managed to see this incident!
"He shouldn't be allowed on a football pitch ever again" - is a ridiculous comment.
Wenger should face FA charges of this...but as usual he wont! Makes me sick.. the guy is a joke