Team of the Decade

Team of the Decade

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

m

Moves
06 Jan 10

Originally posted by spurs73
nicely put.
he was only a success (if u want to call him that) here in england- a avg player everywhere else.
"If you want to call him that"? 174 goals in 254 appearances? Whatever you think about his performances outside England, only an idiot would argue he wasn't a success in England. I'd be hard-pressed to name a bigger success here this decade.

He's France's top scorer ever, which isn't exactly "average" either.

p

Moves
08 Jan 10

Originally posted by The Snapper
I apologise in advance, but I have to take the bait!

Were all these guys in the team that Scotland humped at Wembley in 1967?

(And yes, I know we've been utter pish for the best part of 2 decades, but we have to find small victories where we can).
I think Jimmy Greaves played instead of Roger Hunt .
Such a well oiled machine was disrupted by that change , and Scotland took advantage ! ! 😉😉😉

For RHP addons...

tinyurl.com/yssp6g

Moves
08 Jan 10

he was only a success (if u want to call him that) here in england- a avg player everywhere else.

Also a majot 'big game' bottler!
I read this and knew that you'd written it, durs73.

I was under the impression that he won a World Cup and a European Cup (topscoring for France) with France, and everything possible with Barca.

D

s

6yd box

Moves
08 Jan 10
1 edit

Originally posted by Ragnorak
I read this and knew that you'd written it, durs73.

I was under the impression that he won a World Cup and a European Cup (topscoring for France) with France, and everything possible with Barca.

D
how much infulance did he have in those competitons then Reg?
Zidane did all the work in both those Frence cup wins

best you check your facts?😏😏😏😏😏

ps. Oshea has 3 PL winners medels and 1 CL winners medel- makes him the best man U player ever does it? MUPPET

s

6yd box

Moves
08 Jan 10
1 edit

Originally posted by mtthw
"If you want to call him that"? 174 goals in 254 appearances? Whatever you think about his performances outside England, only an idiot would argue he wasn't a success in England. I'd be hard-pressed to name a bigger success here this decade.

He's France's top scorer ever, which isn't exactly "average" either.
cantana would be one (success in england)

henry over rated- but then u are one of the 'sky sports' generation!

For RHP addons...

tinyurl.com/yssp6g

Moves
08 Jan 10

how much infulance did he have in those competitons then Reg?
You might want to read the part where I mentioned that he top scored for France in the tournament again.

Try slowly, and don't bother concentrating on not moving your lips. You need the processing power for comprehension.

D

s

6yd box

Moves
09 Jan 10

You might want to read the part where I mentioned that he top scored for France in the tournament again.

Try slowly, and don't bother concentrating on not moving your lips. You need the processing power for comprehension.

D
still not answered my question RAG
is John O'Shea an all time man U great because he has 3x PL winners medal and 1x CL winners medal?

A simple YES or NO.. will do

S

Moves
09 Jan 10

Strauss
Dravid
Ponting
Lara
Tendulkar
Chanderpaul
Kallis
Pollock
Warne
McGrath
Muralitharan

K
Critical Failure

Moves
09 Jan 10

Pirro
Werner
Kristensen

2000-2009 - whatever you want to call that decade

Doug Stanhope

That's Why I Drink

Moves
09 Jan 10

Rookies...

--------------Casillas---------------

Alves---Vidic---Ivanovic---Ramos

-----Lass Diarra---Essien----------

----Ronaldo----Kaka-----Ribéry---

----------------Drogba--------------

[Coach: José Mourinho]

🙂

Nobody could beat this team!

p

Moves
09 Jan 10

Originally posted by Seitse
Rookies...

--------------Casillas---------------

Alves---Vidic---Ivanovic---Ramos

-----Lass Diarra---Essien----------

----Ronaldo----Kaka-----Ribéry---

----------------Drogba--------------

[Coach: José Mourinho]

🙂

Nobody could beat this team!
If you could get Drogba to stay on his feet ! maybe!

For RHP addons...

tinyurl.com/yssp6g

Moves
09 Jan 10

still not answered my question RAG
is John O'Shea an all time man U great because he has 3x PL winners medal and 1x CL winners medal?

A simple YES or NO.. will do
Why would I want to answer a completely random and off topic question within the constraints set by somebody who would make pre-schoolers look like Einsteins?

You say Henry only ever achieved in the PL, I debate your point by saying that he won an international WC, EC (top scoring for his nation) and everything possible for Barca (A Spanish team by the way).

You say he had no influence in those wins. I respond by pointing you to the words where I had mentioned that he top scored for his nation in 1 of the comps. I may also have added that he top scored for Barca in his debut season, and broke a goal scoring record along with Messi and Etoo in his second. I may also have added that he had a goal scoring record of nearly 1 in 2 for his nation. I may also have added that he is France's all time top scorer.

Fairly obvious that you're statement is dead in the water refuted.

Instead of holding your hand up, and accepting your statement was borne of pure partisan hatred, you retort with some completely unrelated gibberrish about John O'Shea?

BTW, I now have a picture of you in my head...http://www.ohgizmo.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/up_dog.jpg

I look forward to your "SQUIRREL!!!!" like response.

D

s

6yd box

Moves
09 Jan 10
1 edit

Why would I want to answer a completely random and off topic question within the constraints set by somebody who would make pre-schoolers look like Einsteins?

You say Henry only ever achieved in the PL, I debate your point by saying that he won an international WC, EC (top scoring for his nation) and everything possible for Barca (A Spanish team by the w ent/uploads/2009/05/up_dog.jpg

I look forward to your "SQUIRREL!!!!" like response.

D
yes yes.. but u seem to think that a player with a lot of winners medals is the best in the world.. but football is a team sport.

u need to watch games instead of having your head buried in stats.

The point i am making is that just because he has all those titles under his name in a TEAM game does not make him a great player- hence the ref to john O'shea- who has only won all his medals because he plays with World Class players- not because he is a World class Player.

EDIT-- henry was top score for his nation in that competition with 3 goals- he was joined 3rd top scorer with five other players in that tournament (for REG who loves his stats!)
ps 2 players scored 5 goals and one scored 4 goals- then come our henry with 5 others who scored 3 each!

You really are a waste of time RAG- as you know F-all about football- so plase go away and stop posing stupid posts here- theres a good boy... go to bed you got school on monday

For RHP addons...

tinyurl.com/yssp6g

Moves
09 Jan 10

but u seem to think that a player with a lot of winners medals is the best in the world..
Quote where I said this.

Re: your edit, what relevance does Henry's coming 3rd top scorer overall have to do with the fact that you said he contributed nothing to France winning, and I mentioned he top scored for them?

Looking at your levels of (il)literacy, you really shouldn't bring school into your slags.

D

s

6yd box

Moves
09 Jan 10

Quote where I said this.

Re: your edit, what relevance does Henry's coming 3rd top scorer overall have to do with the fact that you said he contributed nothing to France winning, and I mentioned he top scored for them?

Looking at your levels of (il)literacy, you really shouldn't bring school into your slags.

D
o dear..o dear..o dear
Back to the old topic of my 'literacy'
This is a chess site with a sports debate forum. not an english lit class 🙄