1. Standard memberRed Night
    RHP Prophet
    pursuing happiness
    Moves
    24 Jun '10 14:03
    yesterday was the greatest day in US Soccer history.

It would be a travesty for the game, if we do not advance a little deeper.
  2. Joined
    05 Sep '08
    Moves
    24 Jun '10 14:16
    Originally posted by Red Night

Why would it be a travesty if the US does not advance a little deeper. The United States does not care about soccer and soccer does not and should not care about the United States
  3. Joined
    02 Feb '06
    Moves
    24 Jun '10 15:37
    Originally posted by quackquack
    Why would it be a travesty if the US does not advance a little deeper. The United States does not care about soccer and soccer does not and should not care about the United States
    Travesty? Really?

Somehow I think the rest of the world will be able to handle the utter shock, horror and dissapointment of the US getting beat by Ghana.

And that is about as sarcastic as I can type so it will have to do.
  4. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    24 Jun '10 16:12

If USA were playing Germany or England, I'd be rooting for them, but this time I have to support Ghana.
  5. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    24 Jun '10 16:13
    How's life under your log?
  6. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    24 Jun '10 16:50
    Go Ghana Go !!!
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    24 Jun '10 18:50

Further....

you really do have trouble with using proper words don't you

Football...not soccer

Further...not deeper
  8. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    25 Jun '10 01:561 edit
    That explains the refs.

Yes, the US in genreal does not give a flying flip about soccer. But still it is nice to see the US do well in any event, especially in an event where we aren't supposed to do well.
  9. Joined
    09 Jun '07
    Moves
    25 Jun '10 02:04
    I understand US fans happiness... a win like that is always exciting... but

Come on, a 1-0 win against Algeria....
    A draw against Slovenia.....
    A draw against England, thats the best result, but no way a great result.

The WC really starts ate the best 16
    Group stage is just practice
  10. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    25 Jun '10 12:25
    Originally posted by monteirof
    I understand US fans happiness... a win like that is always exciting... but

Come on, a 1-0 win against Algeria....
    A draw against Slovenia.....
    A draw against England, thats the best result, but no way a great result.

The WC really starts ate the best 16
    Group stage is just practice
    BY that logic then England should also be a dud as should be the Dutch. Brazil 2-1 against NK should forecast a Brazil elimination because Portugal beat same team 7-0? I think not! Whole new ball game in knockout stage. Some teams come alive, others flop. England should be a dud but one never knows. Who knows. USA might come alive. Plucky and spunky team. Up 2-0 on Brazil last summer to eventually lose, yet one never knows. Italy was not given a chance in 06 and won it all. Despite all this I think it's South America's cup for the taking since both Brazila dn Argentina have looked the strongest! Yet we can't forget Spain may come alive or even the Dutch.
  11. Joined
    09 Jun '07
    Moves
    25 Jun '10 12:48
    Originally posted by scacchipazzo
    BY that logic then England should also be a dud as should be the Dutch. Brazil 2-1 against NK should forecast a Brazil elimination because Portugal beat same team 7-0? I think not! Whole new ball game in knockout stage. Some teams come alive, others flop. England should be a dud but one never knows. Who knows. USA might come alive. Plucky and spunky tea ...[text shortened]... entina have looked the strongest! Yet we can't forget Spain may come alive or even the Dutch.
    Basically your saying u never know whats comming. I totally agree. But Im just saying sometimes you have good reasons to believe you're team is going to fight for the title. Judging by US games, I wouldnt say its the case.... but.... U never know...

And for strong teams (Argentina, Brazil, Holland, Spain... I wouldnt say this Cup have many strong teams) group stage is pure practice. It's a chance to improve your game for the Knock out. It doesnt mean its going to be all easy games. It's never easy to play against a team with 10 players behind the half line. But they're teams you know they will qualify and this tuff games are not the games of their lifes, it's just making them better. Of course, unless you are in a "death group" or something. Holland may not have shined but they won all 3 games easily, they dont even needed Robben.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree