1. Joined
    02 Jul '07
    Moves
    12 Sep '07 21:57
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    I'm really interested in what he was thinking... why be so blatant?

Well, I'll TELL YOU! This is Bill's new master plan. He's motivated his players: "Hey, Coach don't think we can win?! I'll show him!"

Also, Media: "Looks like Pats need to cheat to win, now they are sunk!"

Fans: "Here come those cheating Pats, they suck! They can't win now! ...[text shortened]... ady out in a biker jacket at night with sunglasses on, cuz he's a bad boy!

P-
    So, any chance this "cheating" is just a marketing campaign? Pats have at least 5 or 6 games this year on national television; I suppose ratings will go through the roof as Pats-haters tune in to see the Patriots "get whats coming to them." Increased apparel sales to the "Bad Boy" demographic, and with revenue sharing, everyone benefits. It's brilliant!

I suppose they'll be changing their uniform color to black pretty soon.
  2. This is embarrasking
    Moves
    13 Sep '07 04:03
    Originally posted by Doctor Rat
    So, any chance this "cheating" is just a marketing campaign? Pats have at least 5 or 6 games this year on national television; I suppose ratings will go through the roof as Pats-haters tune in to see the Patriots "get whats coming to them." Increased apparel sales to the "Bad Boy" demographic, and with revenue sharing, everyone benefits. It's brilliant!

I suppose they'll be changing their uniform color to black pretty soon.
    You know an interesting point that I heard today from Cowboys Head Coach Wade Phillips is that they voted this year on having the signals given to a defensive player via calls to one of the players into their helmets just like they do for the quarterbacks to eliminate people stealing calls. It seemed to work for the offense so why not for the defense? The Owners turned it down. This might be just an attempt to force the change for next year. Phillips seemed to suggest that. Stealing calls is nothing new. It's done in baseball all the time. Doesn't make it right But it is nothing new. Coachs should learn to cover their mouths when they cough, sneeze or call plays.
  3. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    13 Sep '07 12:59
    I'm really interested in what he was thinking... why be so blatant?

Well, I'll TELL YOU! This is Bill's new master plan. He's motivated his players: "Hey, Coach don't think we can win?! I'll show him!"

Also, Media: "Looks like Pats need to cheat to win, now they are sunk!"

Fans: "Here come those cheating Pats, they suck! They can't win now! ...[text shortened]... ady out in a biker jacket at night with sunglasses on, cuz he's a bad boy!

P-
    You don't seem to be as outraged over cheating in this thread as you were in this one http://www.timeforchess.com/board/showthread.php?threadid=74596

Can you say H-Y-P-O-C-R-I-T-E??
  4. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    13 Sep '07 13:291 edit
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    You don't seem to be as outraged over cheating in this thread as you were in this one http://www.timeforchess.com/board/showthread.php?threadid=74596

Can you say H-Y-P-O-C-R-I-T-E??
    I guess you don't see the lump in my cheek. It's my tongue. He's been busted, and I'm waiting for Friday to hear the decision.

A hypocrite is someone that doesn't like cheating with an engine, but doesn't think cheating with steroids is a problem.

P-
  5. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    13 Sep '07 13:39
    I guess you don't see the lump in my cheek. It's my tongue. He's been busted, and I'm waiting for Friday to hear the decision.

A hypocrite is someone that doesn't like cheating with an engine, but doesn't think cheating with steroids is a problem.

P-
    "Cheating with steroids" was an impossibility in MLB during the 1990's as there was no rule or penalties against their use to gain a supposed advantage in baseball.

You need to find a dictionary; a hypocrite in this case is someone who finds "cheating" intolerable unless his favorite team does it. Of course, what the Patriots apparently did WAS cheating as it violated a rule that was put in place to avoid teams gaining an advantage by doing the proscribed act.
  6. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    13 Sep '07 14:081 edit
    "Cheating with steroids" was an impossibility in MLB during the 1990's as there was no rule or penalties against their use to gain a supposed advantage in baseball.

You need to find a dictionary; a hypocrite in this case is someone who finds "cheating" intolerable unless his favorite team does it. Of course, what the Patriots apparently did WA ...[text shortened]... rule that was put in place to avoid teams gaining an advantage by doing the proscribed act.
    I know they cheated... Sorry you don't know what "cutting rapier wit" is.

P-
  7. Standard memberPocketKings
    Banned from edits
    Grammar dyslexic
    Moves
    13 Sep '07 14:11
    If your not cheating your not trying. Trying to figure out signals and signs is a part of sports, most specifically baseball. Teams change their signals all the time. I heard of a second baseman (can't remeber his name) who always knew the other teams signals by the end of the second inning.

But videotaping signals and studying them at halftime and coming out and easily scoring on the first drive of the second half is ridiculous. The Colts and Eagles are two teams that could have and should have had dynasty's during this time, not the cheating Pats. Its a disgrace and I hope Roger G comes down very hard on them.

All teams try to read signs and signals in some way, but video is just plain sad.

And give the eagles and rams their well deserved super bowl wins 😛
  8. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    13 Sep '07 14:13
    Originally posted by PocketKings
    If your not cheating your not trying. Trying to figure out signals and signs is a part of sports, most specifically baseball. Teams change their signals all the time. I heard of a second baseman (can't remeber his name) who always knew the other teams signals by the end of the second inning.

But videotaping signals and studying them at halftime and co ...[text shortened]... ideo is just plain sad.

And give the eagles and rams their well deserved super bowl wins 😛
    How did the Pats do in the second half against NY? You realize they didn't get the film at halftime, right?

P-
  9. Standard memberPocketKings
    Banned from edits
    Grammar dyslexic
    Moves
    13 Sep '07 14:14

P-
    I don't know why people are giving you crap on this, its sad. If my eagles had done this I would feel sad and betrayed. I feel bad for you dude, hopefully the right punishment will be handed out and then all can proceed with the season.
  10. Standard memberPocketKings
    Banned from edits
    Grammar dyslexic
    Moves
    13 Sep '07 14:16
    How did the Pats do in the second half against NY? You realize they didn't get the film at halftime, right?

P-
    I take back my previous statement 😉

NY held the towells up to block their signals in the second half
  11. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    13 Sep '07 17:28
    Originally posted by PocketKings
    I take back my previous statement 😉

NY held the towells up to block their signals in the second half
    And still got spanked.

Why Bill did this is stupid... I think the commissioner is going to spank them considering they were warned NOT to do it last year.

Bill thumbed his nose, and will now pay.

P-
  12. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    13 Sep '07 20:221 edit

P-
    So how long should Belichick be suspended for? Surely at least as long as non-cheater Pacman Jones.
  13. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    13 Sep '07 20:37
    So how long should Belichick be suspended for? Surely at least as long as non-cheater Pacman Jones.
    Someone said FIRED! today... we'll see.

He's probably going to be out 2 games, and lose 2 draft pics? Any guesses?

P-
  14. Standard memberRamned
    The Rams
    Moves
    13 Sep '07 22:03
    Someone said FIRED! today... we'll see.

He's probably going to be out 2 games, and lose 2 draft pics? Any guesses?

P-
    Fired? Unlikely. The most likely scenario is loss of 3rd pick, suspensions, and that is the minimum. But, don't forget goodell knows the owner of the Patriots as a friend....interesting.

Anyone really making 'fun' of Pats fans are not right. All I will admit is the slight irony of them being called "America's Team."
  15. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    13 Sep '07 23:40
    Originally posted by Ramned
    Fired? Unlikely. The most likely scenario is loss of 3rd pick, suspensions, and that is the minimum. But, don't forget goodell knows the owner of the Patriots as a friend....interesting.

Anyone really making 'fun' of Pats fans are not right. All I will admit is the slight irony of them being called "America's Team."
    Why do you hate liberty and freedom?

LULZ!@

P-

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree