LULZ!@

P-
    500K fine for Bill, 250K for the Pat's org, and drafts picks:

1) 2008 First-round draft pick if Pats are in 2007 playoffs
    2) 2008 Second-round and Third-round if Pats do not make the 2007 playoffs
  2. Under Cover
    Moves
    14 Sep '07 05:02
    Sorry it took so long to chime in on this, I've been busy. Let's all be adults for just a moment. Yes, all teams are doing the same thing week in and week out. Yes it is wrong. The Pats got caught, and the time is here for them to pay the fiddler. It doesn't discount any of the accomplishments that the team has made, or will make. It definitely does affect their public image. I'm a Cop, and I deal with people all the time who are just "doing what everybody else does." Here's a tip, if you get pulled over for speeding, don't say "I was just going along with traffic." It doesn't work.
  3. Joined
    29 Jul '01
    Moves
    14 Sep '07 05:40
    Originally posted by Ramned
    Fired? Unlikely. The most likely scenario is loss of 3rd pick, suspensions, and that is the minimum. But, don't forget goodell knows the owner of the Patriots as a friend....interesting.

Anyone really making 'fun' of Pats fans are not right. All I will admit is the slight irony of them being called "America's Team."
    I never called them America's team.
  4. Standard memberRamned
    The Rams
    Moves
    14 Sep '07 12:38
    Originally posted by telerion
    500K fine for Bill, 250K for the Pat's org, and drafts picks:

1) 2008 First-round draft pick if Pats are in 2007 playoffs
    2) 2008 Second-round and Third-round if Pats do not make the 2007 playoffs
    It'd be better to make the playoffs then. Or, suck as bad as you can to get first pick 😛
  5. Standard memberRamned
    The Rams
    Moves
    14 Sep '07 12:39
    Originally posted by gambit3
    I never called them America's team.
    It's a nickname for them. You see it occasionally (but not anymore ?)
  6. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    14 Sep '07 13:17
    Originally posted by BLReid
    Sorry it took so long to chime in on this, I've been busy. Let's all be adults for just a moment. Yes, all teams are doing the same thing week in and week out. Yes it is wrong. The Pats got caught, and the time is here for them to pay the fiddler. It doesn't discount any of the accomplishments that the team has made, or will make. It definitely does affect th ...[text shortened]... over for speeding, don't say "I was just going along with traffic." It doesn't work.
    So what do you say to get out of a ticket?

I always go along with traffic and have never been pulled over for speeding, but let me throw a hypothetical at you.

Let's say a police officer is sitting on the side of a highway in a 55 mph zone. Further, let's say that there is a lot of traffic (maybe 200 cars pass the cop each minute) and almost everyone is doing 70 mph. Will a cop just randomly pick a driver to pull over from the mass, or will she wait for some one doing 80 mph?
  7. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    14 Sep '07 13:32
    Originally posted by telerion
    So what do you say to get out of a ticket?

I always go along with traffic and have never been pulled over for speeding, but let me throw a hypothetical at you.

Let's say a police officer is sitting on the side of a highway in a 55 mph zone. Further, let's say that there is a lot of traffic (maybe 200 cars pass the cop each minute) and almost every ...[text shortened]... randomly pick a driver to pull over from the mass, or will she wait for some one doing 80 mph?
    In my state... you can go about 10 over the limit. Slow roads are 25mph
    Next state over you can go about 5 over... slow roads are usually 30.
    The other state is strict, but the slow roads are marked at 35.

Slow roads are back roads with lots of driveways. Not main routs that are usually 10 mph faster or so.

How to get out of a ticket? Say 'sir', and if they ask why you think you got pulled over say, "I was going pretty fast." If your record is pretty good in the way of tickets in the past, many officers will let you go.

If you get a lot of tickets, you'll get another.

P-
  8. Joined
    26 Jan '06
    Moves
    14 Sep '07 15:11
    Originally posted by Leaadas
    lol the patriots getting penalized for 1 the Jets being dumb enough NOT to disguise their signals, and 2 for something EVERY team is doing is laughable at best.
    Maybe they WANTED the Pats to get caught. LOL
  9. Joined
    26 Jan '06
    Moves
    14 Sep '07 15:12
    Originally posted by Phlabibit

Slow roads are back roads with lots of driveways. Not main routs that are usually 10 mph faster or so.

How to get out of a ticket? Say 'sir ...[text shortened]... t, many officers will let you go.

P-
    Hahaha that is exactly true Plab, been pulled over about 5 or 6 times all within a year. Gotten warnings from every single one of em.
  10. Joined
    29 Jul '01
    Moves
    14 Sep '07 16:021 edit
    Originally posted by Ramned
    It's a nickname for them. You see it occasionally (but not anymore ?)
    I have a nickname for them. Do you want me to message it to you?
  11. Under Cover
    Moves
    14 Sep '07 16:502 edits

How to get out of a ticket? Say 'sir t, many officers will let you go.

P-
    There's a lot of truth in this post. Despite what I've read from some "online attorneys" in the past, it is usually best to be courteous and admit what you did...in a somewhat apologetic tone. If your recent record is clean, you will more likely than not get a warning. But remember, Cops are people too, and as you all know some people (Cops) are just jerks. We are speaking in generalities here when it comes to getting pulled over. Also, there are no hard and fast rules as to how fast you can go over the limit without getting stopped. I've had people try to tell me things like "You have to let me go 5 mph over" and "You only stopped me because I'm driving a red car." My personal threshold in normal traffic is 5 over on a Town road and 10 over on a highway, with no tolerance in a residential neighborhood or a school zone. Regarding red cars, I don't care what color your car is, or what color you are for that matter. For the extreme majority of Police Officers, people get stopped for breaking laws. Real world abuse of power is usually limited to taking a discount at the coffee shop.

To answer the above question by telerion, if you are in a pack of cars that are going 10-15 miles over the speed limit and you get pulled over for it, sorry kid that's life. I can only pull over one at a time.
  12. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    15 Sep '07 00:291 edit
    Pats, present your wrists for the slap. A player gets a four game suspension for having some weed or coke in his system, but a coach who cheats DURING A GAME gets a fine?? Ridiculous.

EDIT: Check this story out: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/2007/09/02/2007-09-02_cowboys_coach_wade_wilson_earns_fivegame.html

The Quarterbacks coach of the Dallas Cowboys was suspended for 5 games for receiving shipments of steroids years ago!
  13. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    15 Sep '07 01:43
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Pats, present your wrists for the slap. A player gets a four game suspension for having some weed or coke in his system, but a coach who cheats DURING A GAME gets a fine?? Ridiculous.

EDIT: Check this story out: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/2007/09/02/2007-09-02_cowboys_coach_wade_wilson_earns_fivegame.html

The Quarterbacks c ...[text shortened]... h of the Dallas Cowboys was suspended for 5 games for receiving shipments of steroids years ago!
    Buddy. Do you know what a first round draft pick is worth? 4 or 6 years of a GREAT PLAYER.

This is the BIGGEST EVAH punishment handed down.

Steroids are a major problem in sports, so that was a good decision. All teams steal signs. Just last year Bill made a Jet's camera guy move. Just made him move... nothing more.

Mangina took it to the next level and tattled on Bill. Bit the hand that fed him. Now everyone plays stupid and blames every cheat incident on Bill and NE.

Cheating happens all the time, it's part of the sport... and as long as it doesn't include drugs and early death of players from these drugs (Lial Alzado) I have no problem with people 'trying'. When they are caught, they get punished. If they get away with it, I'll shame them from my couch.

You know how to tell if someone is cheating in football? You'll see a yellow flag fly through the air.

Bill got caught, a decision was made. Some think too much, some think not enough, some think just right.

P-
  14. This is embarrasking
    Moves
    15 Sep '07 04:531 edit
    Originally posted by BLReid
    Sorry it took so long to chime in on this, I've been busy. Let's all be adults for just a moment. Yes, all teams are doing the same thing week in and week out. Yes it is wrong. The Pats got caught, and the time is here for them to pay the fiddler. It doesn't discount any of the accomplishments that the team has made, or will make. It definitely does affect th over for speeding, don't say "I was just going along with traffic." It doesn't work.
    Just for the heck of it what does work?

Never mind I see it's already been answered. 😞
  15. Joined
    31 Mar '05
    Moves
    15 Sep '07 14:081 edit
    Buddy. Do you know what a first round draft pick is worth? 4 or 6 years of a GREAT PLAYER.

This is the BIGGEST EVAH punishment handed down.

Steroids are a major problem in sports, so that was a good decision. All teams steal signs. Just last year Bill made a Jet's camera guy move. Just made him move... nothing more.

Mangina took it to the ne ision was made. Some think too much, some think not enough, some think just right.

P-

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree