The UEFA cup

The UEFA cup

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

J

Cavan, Ireland

Moves
15 May 08

Anyone surprised by the news that Rangers fans took to assaulting police officers because things didn't go their way - I'm not

Yes I do know that the screen broke but now the CL final won't be shown, or so I've heard, in Manchester because of those fans.

In your face

Moves
15 May 08

Originally posted by John1916
Anyone surprised by the news that Rangers fans took to assaulting police officers because things didn't go their way - I'm not

Yes I do know that the screen broke but now the CL final won't be shown, or so I've heard, in Manchester because of those fans.
One of my tenants came in my office today. She's Scottish. She said ' I see they let themsleves down didn't they?'
I said 'Yes, the better team won'.
She replied 'No, not that, they misbeahved and some poor Russian got stabbed in the back'.
'That was a brave scotsman' I replied.
'No' she said 'They're not Scotsmen, they're Rangers fans!'.

😵🙄😵

Devout Agnostic.

DZ-015

Moves
15 May 08

I like how people that weren't there are commenting with such fervor 😛

A

Moves
16 May 08

Exactly Hucklyberry.

The police are only showing the CCTV footage they want the public too see. I bet they don't show the footage of the Rangers fan on crutches being shoulder charged and then hit twice on the legs by a riot cop for standing on the road on his mobile phone.

They left a Rangers fan lying on the street that was just knocked down by a taxi and told the Rangers fans that were trying to help him to GTF and left him there for around 45 minutes unattended, I doubt they'll show that footage either.

There was a minority of around 200 Rangers fans that acted like hooligans that have giving our fans and club a bad name. These people are not real Rangers fans.

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
16 May 08

Originally posted by ActiveKing
Exactly Hucklyberry.

The police are only showing the CCTV footage they want the public too see. I bet they don't show the footage of the Rangers fan on crutches being shoulder charged and then hit twice on the legs by a riot cop for standing on the road on his mobile phone.

They left a Rangers fan lying on the street that was just knocked down by ...[text shortened]... oligans that have giving our fans and club a bad name. These people are not real Rangers fans.
So true. For those that want to know the truth, here's an unbiased picture from the incidents at Piccadilly Gardens:
http://tinyurl.com/5gdhn

V
King of the Ring-er

Moves
16 May 08

Unfortunately this is what happens in football. Bunch of losers get drunk, watch their team lose, go on rampage. Always a small minority but always going to happen i think.

The British police are not like the Spanish or Italian police, they would have only gone in because they had to.

s

England

Moves
16 May 08

bet the breweries and ale houses are counting the cost. but sadly they are banning large screens for next weeks final, well all man u fans will have to stay in there own citys

Devout Agnostic.

DZ-015

Moves
16 May 08

Originally posted by Virtue76
Unfortunately this is what happens in football. Bunch of losers get drunk, watch their team lose, go on rampage. Always a small minority but always going to happen i think.

The British police are not like the Spanish or Italian police, they would have only gone in because they had to.
The Miner's strikes never happened either 😛

MMM

Moves
16 May 08

Manchester council have called off the parade after the Champions League final

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/manchester/7405591.stm

Funny that - as no Rangers supporters will be there. Why don't the Manchester authorities just come out and admit that the extreme behaviour (ie kicking the crap out of a police officer and jumping on a car windows) was caused by casuals and not Rangers fans (excluding the bottle throwing in Picadally which was obviously Rangers fans and completely deplorable)

In your face

Moves
16 May 08

Originally posted by Mad Mac MacMad
Manchester council have called off the parade after the Champions League final

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/manchester/7405591.stm

Funny that - as no Rangers supporters will be there. Why don't the Manchester authorities just come out and admit that the extreme behaviour (ie kicking the crap out of a police officer and jumping on a car win ...[text shortened]... ng the bottle throwing in Picadally which was obviously Rangers fans and completely deplorable)
As a citizen of Manchester, I was initially insulted by the council's decision, not to display The Champions League Final on the big screens next week, because some idiots, that don't even live in the city, decided to misbehave. Then I realised, that perhaps they made this decision, because they are not competent enough to set up a big television set. And perhaps they don't give a **** about their own constituents as they are already going to be watching the game some where in Manchester anyway.
I heard on the news before that they they were going to send a bill to Rangers FC for the clean up operation. WTF? Even if there was no trouble, there would still be streets lined with beer bottles and cans. It was Manchester City Councils turf, so therefore it is their responsibility. How could Rangers FC possibly be responsible for what happened?
Thank you Manchester City Council for making Manchester look like the muppets of Europe. And thank you to the majority of Rangers fans for being proper ambassadors to your country. All the ones I met in the pub and on the street were very polite and courteous.

sc

where angels play

Moves
16 May 08

Originally posted by jimslyp69
As a citizen of Manchester, I was initially insulted by the council's decision, not to display The Champions League Final on the big screens next week, because some idiots, that don't even live in the city, decided to misbehave. Then I realised, that perhaps they made this decision, because they are not competent enough to set up a big television set. And ...[text shortened]... your country. All the ones I met in the pub and on the street were very polite and courteous.
It's not going to affect the people of Manchester one bit, their club only reached 9th place and weren't even in the Champion's league.

s

6yd box

Moves
16 May 08

Originally posted by sally cinnamon
It's not going to affect the people of Manchester one bit, their club only reached 9th place and weren't even in the Champion's league.
REC'D.... nice one Sally...nice one.

For RHP addons...

tinyurl.com/yssp6g

Moves
16 May 08

That joke just never gets old!

D

In your face

Moves
16 May 08

Boring pedantism. I apologise for living in Greater Manchester. Guess
I've got to live somewhere eh? Manchester United were originally based in Newton Heath, hence their original name which I can't be bothered spelling out to you, as you already know it. On another note, plenty of people that live within the constituencies of Manchester, do support Manchester United. I'm sorry if you can't grasp this basic principle. The boundaries are set by bloody politicians. Apparently Livepool is in Merseyside but used to be in Lancashire. Bury used to be in Lancashire but is now classed as Gt Manchester. Who knows, who cares
Oh, you do! 🙄

In your face

Moves
16 May 08

Incidentally, you only addressed your own issues and not mine. Why even bother quoting me? Tsk!