Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Sports Forum

Sports Forum

  1. 17 Oct '12 15:52
    Honest ones please.

    The Hawks are coming off a big win at home while the 49ers are coming off of a spanking at home.

    The Hawks are a notoriously bad away team but I think that most years that they were bad away was because they were just plain bad. This year the defense can play and I'm hoping that the full playbook will be available to Wilson at least by the end of the year which will increase production on the offense considerably opening up Lynch for bigger runs... because what he has done without a passing game is really quite incredible. I don't look for it to be a blowout if the Hawks are as good as they looked against the Pats but the truth is the Patriots may have made them look better than they really are.

    The 49ers however thrive on being able to run the ball just as much as the Hawks do but I really think Wilson is better than Smith under center so if the Hawks stuff the run... which they will... I think they can win this game. However, last time the 49ers took a loss they came out firing big time in the next game... was that because they had an angry fire or was it just the lack of good opposition?

    My prediction is whichever team scores first in this game wins so I will give the edge to my Hawks 13-9 which might be too high a score for either team.
  2. Subscriber shortcircuit
    The Energizer
    17 Oct '12 16:46
    Originally posted by tomtom232
    Honest ones please.

    The Hawks are coming off a big win at home while the 49ers are coming off of a spanking at home.

    The Hawks are a notoriously bad away team but I think that most years that they were bad away was because they were just plain bad. This year the defense can play and I'm hoping that the full playbook will be available to Wilson at lea ...[text shortened]... wins so I will give the edge to my Hawks 13-9 which might be too high a score for either team.
    I think SF wins this game by a TD at home with the real referees back on the job.
    I think both of the defenses are very good, but I think SF's offense is quite a bit better
    and SF is playing at home and not in the dome.
  3. 17 Oct '12 17:37 / 2 edits
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    I think SF wins this game by a TD at home with the real referees back on the job.
    I think both of the defenses are very good, but I think SF's offense is quite a bit better
    and SF is playing at home and not in the dome.
    "And not in the dome"

    Lol you really are old school. The dome hasn't been around for over a decade.

    All I know is that if the Hawks take this one I don't see a game on their schedule where they'll be the underdogs and I see them having good chances of going on a run and winning 13 games. This would make me very happy since I only had them pegged at 9-7 or 10-6 with an at most of 11-5 if they beat the pats and packers.
  4. Subscriber shortcircuit
    The Energizer
    17 Oct '12 17:59
    Originally posted by tomtom232
    "And not in the dome"

    Lol you really are old school. The dome hasn't been around for over a decade.

    All I know is that if the Hawks take this one I don't see a game on their schedule where they'll be the underdogs and I see them having good chances of going on a run and winning 13 games. This would make me very happy since I only had them pegged at 9-7 or 10-6 with an at most of 11-5 if they beat the pats and packers.
    I'll stand corrected. I thought Seattle's stadium had a retractable roof.
  5. 17 Oct '12 18:14
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    I'll stand corrected. I thought Seattle's stadium had a retractable roof.
    I thought you were referring to the King Dome so I guess we're both standing corrected... except for that I'm sitting right now.
  6. Subscriber shortcircuit
    The Energizer
    17 Oct '12 21:24 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by tomtom232
    I thought you were referring to the King Dome so I guess we're both standing corrected... except for that I'm sitting right now.
    I thought they demolished the Kingdome years ago when they built the new stadium.
    So, the new stadium does have a retractable roof?
  7. 17 Oct '12 22:07
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    I thought they demolished the Kingdome years ago when they built the new stadium.
    So, the new stadium does have a retractable roof?
    No but safeco field does I believe. The game against the Pats it was raining.
  8. Subscriber no1marauder
    It's Nice to Be Nice
    17 Oct '12 22:30
    Originally posted by tomtom232
    Honest ones please.

    The Hawks are coming off a big win at home while the 49ers are coming off of a spanking at home.

    The Hawks are a notoriously bad away team but I think that most years that they were bad away was because they were just plain bad. This year the defense can play and I'm hoping that the full playbook will be available to Wilson at lea ...[text shortened]... wins so I will give the edge to my Hawks 13-9 which might be too high a score for either team.
    The Seahawks are still bad on the road losing to so-so Arizona and St. Louis and barely beating 1-4 Carolina. The 49ers are going to be in a bad mood and I expect that to win by a comfortable margin.
  9. 17 Oct '12 22:40 / 3 edits
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    The Seahawks are still bad on the road losing to so-so Arizona and St. Louis and barely beating 1-4 Carolina. The 49ers are going to be in a bad mood and I expect that to win by a comfortable margin.
    We'll see how so-so St. Louis is when they beat Green Bay. I also wonder how so-so Arizona is starting the season 4-0 and barely losing the last two?

    I think that we just match up with Arizona and St. Louis for them to be tough games (good defense, poor but managing offense) the same way we match up with San Fran. So anything but a close game is just a boneheaded decision. If the spread is -7 San Fran I'll be betting on the seahawks to beat that spread at the very least.

    I mean come on. The packers, cowboys and patriots couldn't score that much against us what do you think the 9ers offense is going to do?

    Edit: Also, if you haven't caught on, there isn't any dominating team in the NFL right now with the Falcons barely winning for the last three weeks against really bad teams to be the only undeafeted team on the season. The 49ers haven't won a single game this year against a team with a winning record and the only impressive win was against the packers. The blowout against the bills wasn't that great since they were also shown to be second rate against the Pats.
  10. Subscriber no1marauder
    It's Nice to Be Nice
    17 Oct '12 22:55 / 3 edits
    Originally posted by tomtom232
    We'll see how so-so St. Louis is when they beat Green Bay. I also wonder how so-so Arizona is starting the season 4-0 and barely losing the last two?

    I think that we just match up with Arizona and St. Louis for them to be tough games (good defense, poor but managing offense) the same way we match up with San Fran. So anything but a close game is just a he bills wasn't that great since they were also shown to be second rate against the Pats.
    The "second rate" Bills just beat "tough" Arizona at the latter's field, Homer (something your 13-3 Seahawks couldn't).

    BTW, the Seahawks haven't won a game against a team with a winning record either.
  11. 17 Oct '12 22:59 / 2 edits
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    The "second rate" Bills just beat "tough" Arizona at the latter's field, Homer (something your 13-3 Seahawks couldn't).
    Because of a missed feild goal and an injured QB. You're just an ass who doesn't have an honest bone in his body.

    I'm not suggesting that San Fran doesn't have more potential explosiveness than Arizona who shouldn't score very many points against anybody I'm suggesting that Arizona matches up with the Seahawks in a very similar way that San Fran does. Bills are still second rate as upsets do happen.

    Edit: Except for the Pats who had a winning record before we beat them and will most likely finish with a winning record. Then there is the Cowboys who have only lost to teams top 10 in the power rankings.
  12. Subscriber no1marauder
    It's Nice to Be Nice
    17 Oct '12 23:02 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by tomtom232
    Because of a missed feild goal and an injured QB. You're just an ass who doesn't have an honest bone in his body.

    I'm not suggesting that San Fran doesn't have more potential explosiveness than Arizona who shouldn't score very many points against anybody I'm suggesting that Arizona matches up with the Seahawks in a very similar way that San Fran does. Bills are still second rate as upsets do happen.
    Jerk, you always have a ton of excuses ready. The final score is what matters and the Bills did something your super-team couldn't.

    Your team is going to get schooled tomorrow night. They lost by 16 in SF last year and I wouldn't be surprised if it's by that much or worse.

    To your Dumb Ass Edit: The Jets and Bills as well as the Packers would all have a better than .500 record if they hadn't lost to the 49ers so BFD.
  13. 17 Oct '12 23:04 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Jerk, you always have a ton of excuses ready. The final score is what matters and the Bills did something your super-team couldn't.

    Your team is going to get schooled tomorrow night. They lost by 16 in SF last year and I wouldn't be surprised if it's by that much or worse.
    Just be ready to eat your words Hawk Hater. I bet you would have predicted the Pats to win by 30 then since I doubt the 9ers even score 16.

    The 9ers are pretenders who haven't beaten one good team this year while I bet you that out of the 4 Hawk wins 3 of those teams will have a double digit number in the win column this year.
  14. Subscriber no1marauder
    It's Nice to Be Nice
    17 Oct '12 23:06
    Originally posted by tomtom232
    Just be ready to eat your words Hawk Hater. I bet you would have predicted the Pats to win by 30 then since I doubt the 9ers even score 16.
    Actually the Seahawks are too mediocre to hate. I wouldn't normally go against them at home esp. as a dog though.
  15. 17 Oct '12 23:10 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Jerk, you always have a ton of excuses ready. The final score is what matters and the Bills did something your super-team couldn't.

    Your team is going to get schooled tomorrow night. They lost by 16 in SF last year and I wouldn't be surprised if it's by that much or worse.

    To your Dumb Ass Edit: The Jets and Bills as well as the Packers would all have a better than .500 record if they hadn't lost to the 49ers so BFD.
    But they didn't have winning records before they played, the key point here and the only one likely to have a winning record at the end of the season is Green Bay.

    You know what my point is. They have one quality win. The hawks have at least 2 since you're not going to want to count the GB game even though the refs gave both teams a TD.