1. lazy boy derivative
    Moves
    23 Sep '10 01:29
    3 years in a row and this time we advance.
  2. St. Paul, Minnesota
    Moves
    23 Sep '10 02:21
    Twins Win!
  3. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    23 Sep '10 13:15
    Being Division Champs is seemingly all the Twins strive for, which is all well and fine if you're content being a loser.

What's their postseason record the last five or six years? Something like 2-14? Do they ever win against the Yankees in October?
  4. Joined
    05 Sep '08
    Moves
    23 Sep '10 16:54
    Originally posted by darvlay
    Being Division Champs is seemingly all the Twins strive for, which is all well and fine if you're content being a loser.

What's their postseason record the last five or six years? Something like 2-14? Do they ever win against the Yankees in October?
    I'm a Yankee fan but this is ridiculous. The Twins have been a consistent playoff teams and won the division against despite losing Mourneau for an extended period of time. They have been quite a good team for a while and should be commended. To focus on their post-season record is just foolish.
  5. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    23 Sep '10 17:12
    Originally posted by quackquack
    I'm a Yankee fan but this is ridiculous. The Twins have been a consistent playoff teams and won the division against despite losing Mourneau for an extended period of time. They have been quite a good team for a while and should be commended. To focus on their post-season record is just foolish.
    Is it?? A yankee fan, of all people, should know that winning the division is never good enough in any professional sport. It's all or nothing! Hell, I'll give the Twinkies their due in that they have great management and always field a contending team with a smaller budget but in the end, it's the rings that matter!
  6. Joined
    05 Sep '08
    Moves
    23 Sep '10 17:45
    Is it?? A yankee fan, of all people, should know that winning the division is never good enough in any professional sport. It's all or nothing! Hell, I'll give the Twinkies their due in that they have great management and always field a contending team with a smaller budget but in the end, it's the rings that matter!
    Totally disagree. It is nice to win rings but is better to be year in year out a top team. I'll remember the 2000s as a Yankee fan more for their eight division titles than their two World Series wins.
  7. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    23 Sep '10 17:54
    Totally disagree. It is nice to win rings but is better to be year in year out a top team. I'll remember the 2000s as a Yankee fan more for their eight division titles than their two World Series wins.
    Ok, fair enough. I do admit, as a guy who cheers for all losers (Jays, Bills, Leafs) that at this point in my life, I'd do anything to cheer for even a division winner. 😛
  8. Joined
    05 Sep '08
    Moves
    23 Sep '10 21:35
    Ok, fair enough. I do admit, as a guy who cheers for all losers (Jays, Bills, Leafs) that at this point in my life, I'd do anything to cheer for even a division winner. 😛
    I know they never won the whole thing but don't you think the Bills were great for those Super Bowl years? I do and I think it is far more impressive than teams that win the Super Bowl once but never come close again.
  9. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    23 Sep '10 22:38
    Did anyone remember that the great Twins manager is a University of Texas alum??
    Ronnie was a great shortstop at Texas. Quite a double play tandem coupled with Andre Robertson at 2B.

Hook'em Twinkies!!!
  10. St. Paul, Minnesota
    Moves
    24 Sep '10 01:34

Yeah, with the ginormous payroll that we have, we're really under-achieving.
  11. lazy boy derivative
    Moves
    26 Sep '10 18:03
    I know they never won the whole thing but don't you think the Bills were great for those Super Bowl years? I do and I think it is far more impressive than teams that win the Super Bowl once but never come close again.
    Champs in 87 and 91.
  12. lazy boy derivative
    Moves
    26 Sep '10 18:05

Gee Darv, I didn't realize that you were in on their no world series plans. To think that they don't strive for a championship. I guess 87 and 91 were failed years since they somehow won it.

Anyway - that is the dumbest thing I've read in a while. good job, Darv.
  13. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    27 Sep '10 12:461 edit
    Originally posted by badmoon
    Gee Darv, I didn't realize that you were in on their no world series plans. To think that they don't strive for a championship. I guess 87 and 91 were failed years since they somehow won it.

I think the question is, when do they become the sacrificial lamb on the Yankees dinner plate? Of course, anything is possible. In fact, I wish them the best. In the meantime, pass down some of there mint jelly please. 😀

Speaking of sacrificial lambs, my Reds are in the same boat!! However, its been nearly a decade in a half since they even had a winning season. 😲
  14. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    27 Sep '10 13:45
    Originally posted by badmoon
    Hey, I'm honoured! 😉

Have you met tacoandlettuce in the spirituality forum yet?
  15. weedhopper
    Moves
    28 Sep '10 15:35
    The Bills certainly think so--I noticed that they have retired only one jersey number in their history, and it's NOT OJ Simpson's; it's Jim Kelly's.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree