1. SubscriberPureRWandB
    CCC Club Leader
    Denver, CO
    Joined
    23 Feb '03
    Moves
    54066
    01 Dec '06 19:31
    Anybody watch this?
  2. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    45179
    01 Dec '06 19:34
    Originally posted by PureRWandB
    Anybody watch this?
    I can't. It makes me squeamish. Same with Thai Boxing. It's too savage.

    I'm a lover.
  3. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Joined
    27 Mar '03
    Moves
    17242
    01 Dec '06 19:44
    Originally posted by darvlay
    I can't. It makes me squeamish. Same with Thai Boxing. It's too savage.

    I'm a lover.
    From your keyboard to God's inbox!

    P-
  4. Joined
    03 Aug '06
    Moves
    1116
    02 Dec '06 02:23
    Originally posted by PureRWandB
    Anybody watch this?
    yes, i do and i do bjj and tkd as well as wrestling all Martial arts that feed fighters into MMA.I'm a big fan, my fav fighters are matt hughes and vitor belfort
  5. Joined
    23 Oct '06
    Moves
    1734
    02 Dec '06 17:39
    I watch it, it's good, far better than K1. Favourite fighter is Matt Bisping, carrying the pride of Britain­čśŤ
  6. SubscriberPureRWandB
    CCC Club Leader
    Denver, CO
    Joined
    23 Feb '03
    Moves
    54066
    22 Dec '06 20:30
    Originally posted by Alex Kelly
    I watch it, it's good, far better than K1. Favourite fighter is Matt Bisping, carrying the pride of Britain­čśŤ
    Yeah Bisbing is really good. I don't see him much. Dana White's new poster boy is Forest Griffin. Griffin is a good fighter but Bisbing would tear him apart.
  7. SubscriberPureRWandB
    CCC Club Leader
    Denver, CO
    Joined
    23 Feb '03
    Moves
    54066
    22 Dec '06 20:35
    I have seen all 4 UFC reality shows. My favorite was 2nd session w/ Matt Hughes and Rich Franklin. After that, I would say the 3rd one w/ Tito and Shamrock.

    The 4th one was lame. I hope the 5th season is better.

    The coaches will be Jens Pulver and BJ Penn. All the fighters will be lightweights...so it will be exciting.
  8. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Joined
    18 Jul '04
    Moves
    8353
    23 Dec '06 02:15
    I watch it. I practice judo and a bit of bjj. I'm a big fan of Karo Parisyan, Rich Franklin, Anderson Silva, and George St. Pierre! Can't wait for that fool Big Tim to get his phoney butt kicked.

    I would encourage those who have in the past written MMA off as the equivalent of brutal bar-brawling to re-examine the sport. The technique and athleticism that these fighters display is tremendous. And while it may look brutal, if you measure by either injury rate and injury severity, the NFL is far more brutal.
  9. Joined
    26 Nov '06
    Moves
    4690
    23 Dec '06 13:08
    I follow the sport quite closely.

    I do stay away from the pay per views however as 90% of the ones I have ordered in the past flopped IMO.


    And uhm, Griffen would kill Bisping at this point in time.
  10. Paonia, Colorado
    Joined
    21 Nov '04
    Moves
    170796
    23 Dec '06 23:05
    Chuck Lidell is the man. That is one mean ass, redneck!
  11. Joined
    22 May '06
    Moves
    1287
    24 Dec '06 17:03
    Originally posted by PureRWandB
    I have seen all 4 UFC reality shows. My favorite was 2nd session w/ Matt Hughes and Rich Franklin. After that, I would say the 3rd one w/ Tito and Shamrock.

    The 4th one was lame. I hope the 5th season is better.

    The coaches will be Jens Pulver and BJ Penn. All the fighters will be lightweights...so it will be exciting.
    agree. the 4th serious was c+*p... who won that by the way..as i stopped watching after the 3rd show?

    Whatppened to that little guy from show 2...Joe 'somthing' hes name was?

    He was about 5"4' tall but come in at 199 pounds out of fight shape!
  12. Standard memberuzless
    The So Fist
    Voice of Reason
    Joined
    28 Mar '06
    Moves
    9908
    28 Dec '06 15:19
    Check out Jeff Joslin from Canada. He just got signed to a 3 match UFC contract.
  13. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Joined
    18 Jul '04
    Moves
    8353
    28 Dec '06 23:15
    Originally posted by uzless
    Check out Jeff Joslin from Canada. He just got signed to a 3 match UFC contract.
    He just fought Josh Koscheck at the last free UFC event. Jeff lost because Josh is an incredible wrestler (though a very, very boring fighter). Josh took him down at will but couldn't stay passed Jeff's guard. He continued to "lay 'n' pray" on Joslin to a unanimous decision. Despite this loss, I think Joslin could develop into a pretty decent fighter.
  14. Standard memberuzless
    The So Fist
    Voice of Reason
    Joined
    28 Mar '06
    Moves
    9908
    29 Dec '06 15:30
    Originally posted by telerion
    He just fought Josh Koscheck at the last free UFC event. Jeff lost because Josh is an incredible wrestler (though a very, very boring fighter). Josh took him down at will but couldn't stay passed Jeff's guard. He continued to "lay 'n' pray" on Joslin to a unanimous decision. Despite this loss, I think Joslin could develop into a pretty decent fighter.
    Ya, "Wet-blanket" koscheck won't be in UFC for long if he keeps up the boring fights. Joslin should do much better against a real opponent.

    Should be fun
  15. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Joined
    18 Jul '04
    Moves
    8353
    31 Dec '06 05:281 edit
    Originally posted by Teshuvah
    I follow the sport quite closely.

    I do stay away from the pay per views however as 90% of the ones I have ordered in the past flopped IMO.


    And uhm, Griffen would kill Bisping at this point in time.
    I agree that Bisping is too fresh to fight Griffen at this point, but the way Forrest got owned by Keith Jardine tonight I'd say it won't be long before "The Count" has his shot at him. BTW Bisping won his fight tonight over a can in the first round.

    Edit: Looks like Chuck wins in a controversial stoppage.
Back to Top