1. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    31 Jan '07 19:29
    Originally posted by deathbypawn
    the cro cop emelianko fight was one of the best i have ever seen...i still think cro cop is the better striker of the two and will be the only k-1 level striker in the ufc...there have been talks of liddell vacating his light heavyweight belt in order to move up to heavy weight for a possible show down with cro cop...no contest cro cop would dominate
    Agreed. Cro Cop would pick Chuck's loopy punches apart.
  2. Standard memberdeathbypawn
    Pancake Gobbler
    Great Pancake Heist
    Moves
    01 Feb '07 04:121 edit
    do you think Rashad Evans vs Michael Bisbing is a good match up...does matt hamel have any real potential or is he starting the game too old. I think if Hamel fought Bisbing he would get rocked. When is Ron the truth vera going to get a shot at the title he is nasty....and Jason the athlete macdonald is a force to be reconed with I love to see how he matches will Kendall the spider Grove. What are your thoughts
  3. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    01 Feb '07 17:241 edit
    do you think Rashad Evans vs Michael Bisbing is a good match up

That would be interesting. Striking: Advantage Bisping; Wrestling: Advantage Evans; Submissions: Advantage ??. I would be excited to see it, however I think it is in the UFC's best interest to put off a match up like that for now. The two fighters just have too much potential profit from continuing to market them to let one get beat.
    Maybe a few years from now though if they keep doing well.

does matt hamel have any real potential or is he starting the game too old. I think if Hamel fought Bisbing he would get rocked.

What I've seen of Hamil says that he does have some potential. His wrestling is fantastic, and he has good natural power and will to fight. On the other hand, he is a very poor striker and has serious work to do in the submission game. According to Tito, Matt is a very fast learner and has a chance to be big. I do worry about his age as you say. He is 30 years old and has a lot to still learn. Still you can learn a lot of boxing and submission fighting in a couple years time if you devote yourself completely to it. Of course, from what I've heard he's still kicking around the idea of competing in the Olympics, so maybe he doesn't have the dedication to get his MMA at the level it needs to be. Oh, and I absolutely agree. Bisping would destroy Matt right now. He would just pick Matt's loopy punches apart. Matt's only solid strategy would be to try for a LNP decision victory.

When is Ron the truth vera going to get a shot at the title he is nasty

I happen to know a friend and training partner of Brandon's. Vera is negotiating contracts and I've heard he's been offered some good money elsewhere. Dana White won't give him a title shot unless Brandon is locked up in a long term deal. I'm pretty sure that's why he was passed over this time (it looked for a while that he would be the one fighting TIMMAH for the belt). He has great potential, and I think it would be a big mistake on his part to leave the UFC now that it is really taking off. UFC is the future of American MMA. The real idea was to get the UFC Heavyweigth title once before Cro Cop begins his reign. That looks unlikely now.

Jason the athlete macdonald is a force to be reconed with I love to see how he matches will Kendall the spider Grove. What are your thoughts

Jason MacDonald looks good. Herman and Leben aren't great, but they aren't cans either. It looks like he's getting his big test in UFC 68 against Rich Franklin. If he beats Rich, then he's in a top MW's in the UFC.

I like Kendall as well, but I think he still has a long a long way to go to be serious contenders. I'd say give him time, and don't throw him to wolves. Instead build up his PPV drawing power. Right now I would guess that Jason would finish Kendall off by submission by the second round.
  4. Standard memberdeathbypawn
    Pancake Gobbler
    Great Pancake Heist
    Moves
    01 Feb '07 19:05
    Originally posted by telerion
    [b]do you think Rashad Evans vs Michael Bisbing is a good match up

That would be interesting. Striking: Advantage Bisping; Wrestling: Advantage Evans; Submissions: Advantage ??. I would be excited to see it, however I think it is in the UFC's best interest to put off a match up like that for now. The two fighters just have too much potential pro ...[text shortened]... guess that Jason would finish Kendall off by submission by the second round.[/b]
    jason macdonald vs rich franklin is going to be one hell of a fight I would think if macdonald can pull out a victory he would be in great shape for a shot at the winner of silva v. lutter
  5. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    02 Feb '07 05:03
    Originally posted by deathbypawn
    jason macdonald vs rich franklin is going to be one hell of a fight I would think if macdonald can pull out a victory he would be in great shape for a shot at the winner of silva v. lutter
    Absolutely. Rich will be a big test for him. Looking forward to it.
  6. DonationLuck
    TEA PARTY MEMBER
    St Maarten, Neth Ant
    Moves
    03 Feb '07 21:11
    Originally posted by CliffLandin
    Chuck Lidell is the man. That is one mean ass, redneck!
    Yeah, he is Danish!

Harri / Luck
  7. Joined
    03 Aug '06
    Moves
    03 Feb '07 21:22
    Originally posted by telerion
    I was commenting on Chuck's appearing a bit out of shape in his last fight against Tito. He certainly looked beatable for a while there.

That said, Rampage is definitely the underdog in a match up with Liddel. It's just going to be nice to have a LHW in the UFC that actually has a decent shot at taking the belt.
    yes it will be a good fight rampge has better hands than tito.
  8. Standard memberdeathbypawn
    Pancake Gobbler
    Great Pancake Heist
    Moves
    04 Feb '07 15:05
    how could lutter not have the discipline to make weight for the biggest fight of his career? im disappointed in that ppv but looking foward to ufc 68.
  9. Standard memberPureRWandB
    CCC Club Leader
    Denver, CO
    Moves
    22 Mar '07 18:39
    UFC 68 "Uprising

Jason Lambert's KO of Babalu...impressive

Randy Couture winning the Heavy Weight Championship in devestating fashion. The was so AWESOME.

Rich Franklin vs The Athlete.... great fight.

For future UFC fight. I would like to see Rashad Evans vs Rampage.
    And Matt Serra vs Matt Hughes (After Serra gets beat down by GSP)
  10. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    23 Mar '07 00:20
    Originally posted by PureRWandB
    UFC 68 "Uprising

Jason Lambert's KO of Babalu...impressive

Randy Couture winning the Heavy Weight Championship in devestating fashion. The was so AWESOME.

Rich Franklin vs The Athlete.... great fight.

For future UFC fight. I would like to see Rashad Evans vs Rampage.
    And Matt Serra vs Matt Hughes (After Serra gets beat down by GSP)
    There's a lot of good matchups in the WW division.

Karo vs. Hughes
    Diego vs. Hughes
    Huges vs. GSP (rematch)
    Diego vs. Karo (rematch)
    GSP vs. Diego
    Penn vs. any of the above
    Jon Fitch vs. Karo

Koscheck could be exciting if he keeps rounding out his game. I'd love for him to pull an upset on that Jesus freak stoner, Diego Sanchez. If not, that's okay cuz GSP will KTFO of that boy.
  11. Standard memberPureRWandB
    CCC Club Leader
    Denver, CO
    Moves
    27 May '07 21:441 edit
    UFC 71 spoiler!!

UFC 71 Chuck Liddell vs Quinton "Rampage" Jackson (Last night)
    Karo beat Josh Burkum. That was a great fight, Josh held his own, he had some good Judo defense, but he just couldn't keep up the cardio with The Heat Parisian. Great Fight!

Did anyone see the Keith "The Dean of Mean" Jardine vs Houston Alexander (some new guy). Wow! Houston K.O. Jarndin in less then a minute. Quite impressive.

How about Din Thomas vs Jeremy Stephens ?
    Another great fight. Jeremy is new to UFC and Din is a Seasoned Veteran. Jeremy stuck in there but Din won by Armbar Submission.

Terry Martin vs Ivan Salaverry. Great fight, thought Ivan would win, but the little guy from Chicago came out on top. Who would have guessed it. Martin has got some great hands.

And least but not least Chuck vs Rampage. OMG! That was so awesome. I was telling my co-workers that Rampage was going to win, but not by KO in the 1st round!!! Unbelievable.

Great night of fighting.

They also announced the Rashad Evans/Tito Ortiz fight coming up middle of June. Cant wait to see that.
  12. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    28 May '07 14:191 edit

Karo beat Josh Burkum. That was a great fight, Josh held his own, he had some good Judo defense, but he just couldn't keep up the cardio with The Heat Parisian. Great Fight!

I was in Buffalo for a judo tournament. I had to fight the next morning, but I stayed up at the sports bar watching the fights anyway. There were quite a few other competitors that did the same thing. You could tell because everytime Karo tossed Burkman the place erupted with "Harai-goshi!" or "OMFG nice Osoto-gari!"

The thing that surprised me about this fight was that I thought Burkman might give Karo some trouble in the standup game so that Karo would have to throw and submit from the ground. Instead, Karo picked Burkman apart all night with his punches and only started throwing Josh when Josh got tired.

Did anyone see the Keith "The Dean of Mean" Jardine vs Houston Alexander (some new guy). Wow! Houston K.O. Jarndin in less then a minute. Quite impressive.

That was crazy and definitely unexpected. If it hadn't been a newcomer vs. a potential future contender, they wouldn't have let it go as long as it did. One thing that I noticed watching the fight though was that Houston got in what appeared to be an illegal knee at the end. Keith was trying to get up (for what seemed like the 3,397,203rd time), and while he was still on one knee, Houston nailed him flush on the chin with his knee. That caused Keith to (finally) hit the canvas for good. I'm not saying that Jardine would have recovered otherwise, but it did seem like an unfortunate way for it to end.

How about Din Thomas vs Jeremy Stephens ?
    Another great fight. Jeremy is new to UFC and Din is a Seasoned Veteran. Jeremy stuck in there but Din won by Armbar Submission.

Din basically pwned Jeremy. With the exception of about 20 seconds at the end of round 1. Nevertheless we saw some decent skills and good heart from the kid, and I think he'll be back.

Terry Martin vs Ivan Salaverry. Great fight, thought Ivan would win, but the little guy from Chicago came out on top. Who would have guessed it. Martin has got some great hands.

I didn't give Ivan too much of a chance here. He is an extremely smart, technical fighter, but he was overmatched by Terry's power and athleticism.

And least but not least Chuck vs Rampage. OMG! That was so awesome. I was telling my co-workers that Rampage was going to win, but not by KO in the 1st round!!! Unbelievable.

It was a good fight. I had a hunch that Rampage would win as well. A lot of people who follow the sport felt that way. Personally, I'm excited to see a new champion. What was with all the booing though? Guess a lot of people lost money that night πŸ™‚ .

They also announced the Rashad Evans/Tito Ortiz fight coming up middle of June. Cant wait to see that.

I'm really anticipating Okami vs. Franklin at UFC 72. That should be a very good fight. Unfortunately the rest of the card looks like trash. Jason McDonald will be fighting will be there, but he's fighting a chump (Rory Singer), and I'm not excited about watching Forrest Griffin either. This one was supposed to be free in the US originally. They should have left it that way. No way would I buy this card.

Now UFC 73, if the card remains as is, should be awesome. Hopefully, Rashad will beat Tito's oversized melon. Marquart vs. Silva should be a very good fight, and Franca vs. Sherk should be as well. Plus Kenny Florian and Heath Herring are both in the mix right now. This card certainly fits the name of the event -- "Stacked" --, but I expect that it will get rearranged as time goes on, and some fighters will get moved to a future event.

Anyway, good stuff. Thanks for sharing the excitement for such a great sport!
  13. Standard memberPureRWandB
    CCC Club Leader
    Denver, CO
    Moves
    10 Jul '07 02:05
    Sorry guys, I couldn't afford to watch UFC 73. Wife and I are struggling financially due to her Cancer Treatments and her medical leave Leave of Absence.

Hey Telerion....You did a fine job with posting the highlights from the last UFC pay-per-view. Could you do us the honors this time, as well?

Thanks....Rob😏
  14. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    10 Jul '07 17:23
    Sorry guys, I couldn't afford to watch UFC 73. Wife and I are struggling financially due to her Cancer Treatments and her medical leave Leave of Absence.

Hey Telerion....You did a fine job with posting the highlights from the last UFC pay-per-view. Could you do us the honors this time, as well?

Thanks....Rob😏
    I'd be honored. I watched the fight from a local bar (the food from which gave me a one day bout of stomach flu πŸ™ but anyway)

First the least entertaining matches.

Tito Ortiz vs. Rashad Evans:
    This fight plain sucked. Not Diego Sanchez/Josh Koscheck sucked but still pretty dull. The first round Rashad looked very hesitant. Tito eventually took him down by the cage, but couldn't get dominant position. Not a lot of damage done. 10-9 for Tito. Next round Rashad tried a little more. Both score takedowns, but Rashad would have had more if not for Tito grabbing the cage. Tito got warned but continued to grab the cage and lost a point. Round ends 9-9. Third round looked like Rashad wasn't going to do enough. He was just to worried about the takedown. Suddenly, with about 20 secs to go Rashad tried one more time. He secured a double leg and slammed Tito down hard (Matt Hughes style). He was in side control and bringing down elbows and hammerfists when the bell rang.
    Final decision: 28-28 Draw.

Sean Sherk vs. Hermes Franca:
    Not going into all 5 rounds of this snorefest. Suffice to say that Sherk proved that he's a good wrestling and freak of strength. Just layed on Franca for 5 rounds. It should have been stood up so many times. The highlight of the match came from Franca though. Each of the the five rounds he scored a massive knee to Sherk's chin. Rocked him almost every time. But kudos to Sean for recovering each time and taking Franca to the ground (where he just layed around).

Good matches:

Alvin Robinson vs. Kenny Florian:
    I was excited about this one. I like K-Flo. He has good BJJ and demonstrated some nice judo in this one as well (his dad is a Judo blackbelt). Robinson is a friend of my BJJ coach and making his UFC debut. I was suprised at how well K-Flo dominated this. He won the standup. He threw nice judo throws from the clinch and worked some nice guard passing on the ground. Ended late in round one with K-Flo mounted and raining down pushes. Alvin tapped out about the same time that the ref jumped in to stop it.

Anderson Silva vs. Nate Marquardt:
    Almost as exciting as Heath Herring/ Big Nog. I though Marquardt would give Silva a run for his money and maybe expose a weakness in Anderson's ground game (both are BJJ blackbelts). Early on you could see that Nate wanted nothing to do with the standup (and rightly so, Silva is a Muy Thai champ and most of us have seen the free cosmetic surgery he did on Franklin's face). In the middle of round one, Anderson went for a flashy jump kick (you know the kind you tried to do in elementary school and ended up falling on your butt). It is surprisingly well executed, but Nate managed to get Anderson's legs on the way down and take him to the ground. Nate however was not active on the ground while Anderson threw punches and elbows from underneath. They are stood up, and Anderson again goes to outboxing Marquardt. Eventually, Marquardt falls to his back. Anderson stands over him and rains down punches. One of them slips through Nate's defenses and it's lights out for Marquardt in round one. Pretty exciting match especially after Sherk/Franca and Oritz/Evans.

Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira vs. Heath Herring: Fight of the night for sure. Most people, myself included weren't giving Heath much of a chance against the former Pride Champ. As expected, "Big Nog" took Heath down and began working his superior ground game, but suprisingly "The Texas Crazy Horse" managed to stand back up quickly. Shortly before the end of a sure 10-9 round for Big Nog, Heath shot in a quick high kick that dropped Nog to the canvas. Heath jumped in and started pounding away with hammerfists. Nog looked out and I thought the ref would stop the match for sure, but they let it go. Eventually one of those big strikes to his unconscious melon woke Big Nog up from deep sleep. He started to defend intelligently and surprisingly Heath backed off!!!??? I think he could have finished it there, but instead he backed away. Big Nog stayed on the ground pretending to coax Heath back into his guard, but was actually trying to recover. Heath wanted nothing to do with that so the ref stood Big Nog back up. Within seconds the bell rang signaling the end of the first round.
    After that were two rounds of good striking, Nog taking Herring down, and Herring getting back up to his feet. Very edge of the seat. Anyway, Heath never got a second chance to finish Big Nog, and Nogueira won a unanimous decision.

So that's how it went (or at least how I remember it). A good night of fights over all.

I wish you and your wife the best as she battles this illness.
  15. Standard memberAimi
    The Iceman Cometh
    Moves
    13 Jul '07 22:231 edit
    For anyone interested: Fighters Inc, A clan for anyone into Thai Boxing, boxing, Jiujitsu, Karate, Mixed Martial Arts or UFC (etc etc)

Clan 24826

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree