UEFA Champions League: Road to Madrid

UEFA Champions League: Road to Madrid

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
11 Apr 10

Originally posted by Seitse
I hope you people are watching Real Madrid - Barcelona right freakin' now.
Just saw it this morning. Madrid were AWFUL and so was the game overall.

Doug Stanhope

That's Why I Drink

Moves
11 Apr 10

Dreadful, indeed.

Moves
19 Apr 10

inter 2:1 barce
german bastards 1:1 lyon

and in the europa leage

a. madrid 107(one hundred and seven):0 liverpoo
hamburg 2:1 fulham

inter vs lyon in cl final

a. madrid vs fulham europa league final.

inter & fulham WINNAS

AB

Moves
20 Apr 10

Originally posted by trev33
inter 2:1 barce
german bastards 1:1 lyon

and in the europa leage

a. madrid 107(one hundred and seven):0 liverpoo
hamburg 2:1 fulham

inter vs lyon in cl final

a. madrid vs fulham europa league final.

inter & fulham WINNAS
Wrong
Wrong

Wrong
Maybe right

Wrong

Wrong

Wrong

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
20 Apr 10

Originally posted by Angry Boy
Wrong
Wrong

Wrong
Maybe right

Wrong

Wrong

Wrong
Still too scared to give a prediction, AB?

Inter 0 - 0 Barcelona
Bayern 2 - 1 Lyon

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
20 Apr 10

How awesome is the Champions League this year?

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
20 Apr 10

Seemed offside, the third goal, although it was close. The Barcelona juggernaut is wobbling, though...

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
20 Apr 10
1 edit

Lots of post-match drama. Apparently Balotelli threw his Inter shirt to the floor in front of the Inter fans and there were also heated words in the tunnel between Barcelona and Inter players.

The RudeĀ©

who knows?

Moves
21 Apr 10
1 edit

In the tunnel Materazzi was pulled away from Balotelli because he wanted to kick his butt, sources even said he kicked him but soon teammates separated them.
Fans were not kind on him but they were disappointed because while Eto'o runned all the game in a wing position, showing lots of humilty for a man who won two CLs, Balotelli often walked, trotted, without showing much of a real effort as such an important game would require.
When he threw the his shirt away he did the worst thing he could do in order to irritate fans.
Many other episodes occurred this year involving Balotelli's bad behaviour, however seems clear that since Mino Raiola joined as his agent thing worsened a lot, the same guy who is Ibrahimovic's agent (to make things more clear....) and it's obvious that at the end of the season Balotelli will be sold, reasonably to a foreign club in order to not strenghten a concurrent italian team.

Mourinho said that Balotelli will play saturday against Atalanta but words of teammates were embarassed and it's certain that something was broken tonight.....

a

Cyberspace

Moves
21 Apr 10

Barcelona were robbed last night. Two goals that shouldnt have stood (one for a foul on Messi that lead on to the second goal ; the third goal was so offside that even a blind man would have seen it.)and A penalty disallowed on dani alves.
Seriously why cant uefa get their best referees for important matches as these.\
Can barca come back from this?
Inter are going to park a bus in front of goal at nou camp. Will be tough...but if any team can turn it around barca can.

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
21 Apr 10

Originally posted by arterioes
Barcelona were robbed last night. Two goals that shouldnt have stood (one for a foul on Messi that lead on to the second goal ; the third goal was so offside that even a blind man would have seen it.)and A penalty disallowed on dani alves.
Seriously why cant uefa get their best referees for important matches as these.\
Can barca come back from this?
In ...[text shortened]... bus in front of goal at nou camp. Will be tough...but if any team can turn it around barca can.
"we woz robbed"

Milito had a 1-1 with Valdes incorrectly called as offside at the start of the game, it's funny how conveniently you forget about it. The penalty is pretty dubious (I'm still not sure there was contact), yet Alves made such a meal out of it so a deserved yellow. Yes, the third goal was offside but it's not by much so it's not that outrageous.

h

Moves
21 Apr 10

Originally posted by Palynka
"we woz robbed"

Milito had a 1-1 with Valdes incorrectly called as offside at the start of the game, it's funny how conveniently you forget about it. The penalty is pretty dubious (I'm still not sure there was contact), yet Alves made such a meal out of it so a deserved yellow. Yes, the third goal was offside but it's not by much so it's not that outrageous.
Alves was kicked on the back of his calf, I saw it clearly on the replay. Whether or not it was enough to actually bring him down: I don't think so. He dived but very easily could have won a penalty for it.

I thought the refereeing was pretty bad for most of the match. You'd expect for a MASSIVE game like this they would have used the best refs available.

Inter were solid on defence in the second half siege, I'll give them that. Barca wasted a few opportunities. With the result from this game, I think the second leg is going to be too awesome for words, and there's going to be tons of DRAMA.

Moves
21 Apr 10

Originally posted by Angry Boy
Wrong
Wrong

Wrong
Maybe right

Wrong

Wrong

Wrong
don't doubt the master consolador

a

Cyberspace

Moves
22 Apr 10

Originally posted by hopscotch
Alves was kicked on the back of his calf, I saw it clearly on the replay. Whether or not it was enough to actually bring him down: I don't think so. He dived but very easily could have won a penalty for it.

I thought the refereeing was pretty bad for most of the match. You'd expect for a MASSIVE game like this they would have used the best refs availabl ...[text shortened]... the second leg is going to be too awesome for words, and there's going to be tons of DRAMA.
I hope they have some decent refs for the second leg.
And yeah its going to be barcas attack vs inters defence in the secong leg.
Although barca do have to watch their back. They play so far up the pitch that they tend to get caught out easily. happened so many times in the previous match and indeed in the second and third goals..

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
22 Apr 10

Originally posted by arterioes
I hope they have some decent refs for the second leg.
And yeah its going to be barcas attack vs inters defence in the secong leg.
Although barca do have to watch their back. They play so far up the pitch that they tend to get caught out easily. happened so many times in the previous match and indeed in the second and third goals..
What did the REF do wrong? Offside mistakes are linesman mistakes.

Messi dived in the beginning of the game - no penalty. Alves dived (even if there was contact, it was minimal) - no penalty. I think Olegario Benquerenca is a horrible ref, but he was quite good in this game in my opinion.