UEFA Champions League: Road to Madrid

UEFA Champions League: Road to Madrid

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

h

Moves
22 Apr 10

Originally posted by Palynka
What did the REF do wrong? Offside mistakes are linesman mistakes.

Messi dived in the beginning of the game - no penalty. Alves dived (even if there was contact, it was minimal) - no penalty. I think Olegario Benquerenca is a horrible ref, but he was quite good in this game in my opinion.
Plural refs, i.e. lumping the linesman in that category. The linesman in the Barca Inter game weren't very good. Perhaps the best word to use is "officials".

The Bayern - Lyon game is an interesting one to compare it to. I thought the ref was very good, he was strict but made mostly correct decisions (regardless of what Bayern fans might think) and the game still had a wonderful flow to it and was edge-of-your-seat entertainment. Very good game, very good ref.

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
22 Apr 10

Originally posted by hopscotch
and the game still had a wonderful flow to it and was edge-of-your-seat entertainment
What? The game I saw was pretty dreadful!

I agree the ref was great, though.

h

Moves
22 Apr 10
1 edit

What? The game I saw was pretty dreadful!

I agree the ref was great, though.
It's just my subjective, unprofessional, neutral opinion. In the first half the sides looked perfectly matched for strengths so it was impossible to predict who would score first, which was enthralling in this situation. Then the two red cards created loads of space and play opened up a bit, with some very notable skill from Lahm who kept coming up. After the goal it turned into some kind of interesting puzzle for Bayern as to what to do next, because both teams were looking tired. Add all the tactical questions and the need for adaptation to the changing nature of the game to the phenomenal atmosphere and it had me thoroughly entertained.

I probably wouldn't have taken Olic off at half time though.

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
22 Apr 10

It's just my subjective, unprofessional, neutral opinion. In the first half the sides looked perfectly matched for strengths so it was impossible to predict who would score first, which was enthralling in this situation. Then the two red cards created loads of space and play opened up a bit, with some very notable skill from Lahm who kept coming up. After ...[text shortened]... had me thoroughly entertained.

I probably wouldn't have taken Olic off at half time though.
Fair enough, I wasn't criticising, I was just surprised as I thought it was very tepid with Lyon not wanting much (even with a man up) and Bayern being clumsy in general. I'm not the type who thinks more goals = better game, but for me it was neither a chess game nor a talent show.

Moves
22 Apr 10

yeah the game was pretty poor... first half was ok but the second was a stinker. not so sure about the second yellow but other than that he ref did ok last night. as for the inter/barce match, other than the offside goal i didn't see a lot wrong with the officals.

Moves
22 Apr 10

Originally posted by Angry Boy
Wrong
Wrong

Wrong
Maybe right

Wrong

Wrong

Wrong
i'd call that 2:1 to me after the first 4 matches. happy with the fulham score, makes it easier for them to reach the final. 😏

angry boy or angry idiot? i never could tell with you.

In your face

Moves
24 Apr 10
1 edit

Originally posted by spurs73
here we support OUR club- I, like most real football fans dont give two hoots for other clubs and how they do in european comps.

Bcause i am english i sud support all english clubs against forign clubs? what rubbish!

do u think man city fans want man u to do well?
everton fans support liverpool in europeπŸ™„
u have a lot to learn my friend
Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha hah a ha ha ha hah ah ah ah ah ah ah aha ha ha ha ha ha ha hah a ha ha ha hah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah haha ha aha aha h a hah a

YES YES YES YES YES YE SYE YESYB EY SSY Y SYYE Y

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EDIT: COME ON CITYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

AB

Moves
26 Apr 10

Originally posted by trev33
i'd call that 2:1 to me after the first 4 matches. happy with the fulham score, makes it easier for them to reach the final. 😏

angry boy or angry idiot? i never could tell with you.
A sense of humour must have passed you by. Anyway,

You predict the score of 4 matches
I tell you that 3 of them will be wrong (maybe 4)
The results come in and ... guess what? You failed to correctly predict any of them.
You claim to have scored 2 points to my 1.

Very odd indeed.

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
28 Apr 10
1 edit

Barcelona should be fined heavily. Turning on the sprinklers so that Inter could not celebrate is as low as it gets.

Video:

h

Moves
28 Apr 10

Barcelona should be fined heavily. Turning on the sprinklers so that Inter could not celebrate is as low as it gets.

Video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M553ia_Kru8
That's just bizarre.

I doubt they could ever be fined for it though.

I wonder why Inter were celebrating as though they've already won the Champions League.

Go Bayern!

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
28 Apr 10

I wonder why Inter were celebrating as though they've already won the Champions League.
LOL! Typical sour grapes statement.

Back to basics

About

Moves
29 Apr 10

Why are people so tough against Inter (on other sites)? They played 10 men away against Barcelona with a 3-1 lead. Did anybody expect them to attack?

Turning on the sprinklers is just bad taste. The team won 6 titles last year and still they don't have the good taste to accept their defeat like men.

Moves
30 Apr 10

Originally posted by Angry Boy
A sense of humour must have passed you by. Anyway,

You predict the score of 4 matches
I tell you that 3 of them will be wrong (maybe 4)
The results come in and ... guess what? You failed to correctly predict any of them.
You claim to have scored 2 points to my 1.

Very odd indeed.
meh, you know as well as i how hard it is to get exact scores right... getting the result correct was enough for me. anyway, 3 of my 4 teams in the finals. inter and fulham, you heard it here first πŸ˜‰

Back to basics

About

Moves
22 May 10

Tonights the night. Not the two teams I expected when the tournament started, but still they deserve to be there.

Prediction:

Inter 2-1 Bayern Munich

Luso-brasileiro

Cajamar, SP

Moves
22 May 10

Bayern 3 x 1 Inter!