1. Standard memberbarstudd
    dinky-di Aussie
    Australia
    Moves
    11 Jun '09 21:316 edits
    The Socceroos are back!!!!

Back in The world Cup of brilliant dives.

No one needs to be reminded of that famous dive in the 90th minute back in Germany 04',(round of 16), when Australia were all over Italy for 90 minutes ,they totally out played them for the entire match....however the Aussies diving skills left a lot to be desired.

Its A real shame hopping and bouncing doesnt get the same recognition as diving from the ref, when in the box, as the Roo's would be awarded cheap penalty's every time..πŸ˜‰
  2. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    11 Jun '09 21:59
    shut up.
  3. Joined
    09 Jun '04
    Moves
    11 Jun '09 22:13
    AUSSIE! AUSSIE! AUSSIE! OY! OY! OY!
  4. Standard memberbarstudd
    dinky-di Aussie
    Australia
    Moves
    11 Jun '09 22:312 edits
    Originally posted by trev33
    shut up.
    No need to listen when you can watch πŸ˜‰

YouTube
  5. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    11 Jun '09 22:462 edits
    Originally posted by barstudd
    No need to listen when you can watch πŸ˜‰

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SrxrPEXvI9c
    πŸ™‚ that was pretty funny.

sorry i had my italy hat on during the last world cup since ireland didn't make it and a small investment on the outcome of the tournament πŸ˜‰ thank you italy πŸ˜›

edit: btw wtf are aus doing in the asian qualifying groups?

edit 2: other than kicking ass
  6. Standard memberbarstudd
    dinky-di Aussie
    Australia
    Moves
    11 Jun '09 23:176 edits
    πŸ™‚ that was pretty funny.

sorry i had my italy hat on during the last world cup since ireland didn't make it and a small investment on the outcome of the tournament πŸ˜‰ thank you italy πŸ˜›

edit 2: other than kicking ass
    well with the quality of some of the diving out there, Strikers would make better Goal Keepers than goal keepers themselves...schwarzer didnt even come up with a better dive than Grosso to save the goal.

I backed Italy the previous 2 world cups to win it but came up empty, in 06 I took my Italy hat off for the long awaited Socceroos appearance....Grrr Italy

Socceroos used to win their 1 spot in Oceania every time by plus 40 goals, undefeated every time....except Fifa insisted once they won all their games in the Oceania qualifying zone they would have to play a team that failed qualificiation in South America wich had 4 or 5 spots in the cup already, and 99.9% of the time the Failed South American team would steal the Oceania spot....so for many years the Socceroos failed to qualify even when they may have not lost any games at all during the qualifiers...
    Asia on the other hand allows us to lose some games and still have a chance of qualifying, the opponants are stronger in asia opposed to Oceania, and asia hold 4 or 5 positions in the cup also unlike Oceania only 1.

edit 2: other than kicking ass Poor little Donkey what did he do to deserve being kicked?
  7. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    12 Jun '09 00:09
    well with the quality of some of the diving out there, Strikers would make better Goal Keepers than goal keepers themselves...schwarzer didnt even come up with a better dive than Grosso to save the goal.

[b]sorry i had my italy hat on during the last world cup since ireland didn't make it and a small investment on the outcome of the tournament πŸ˜‰ thank y ...[text shortened]... ]edit 2: other than kicking ass
    Poor little Donkey what did he do to deserve being kicked?[/b]
    i know why they wanted to be allowed in the asian zone but last time i checked (fairly recently) aus was part of oceania and not asia. you know i think ireland would have a better chance of qualifying from the north american zone, maybe we should change to? in fact each country should be able to choice which continent they want to represent, if their first choice is already filled they go to their second choice. think of the fun to be had, why is it just aus that's allowed this luxury?

how do you think new zealand will fair against the 5th best asian team? seems fifa just giving oceania an indirect direct spot to the world cup.
  8. Standard memberbarstudd
    dinky-di Aussie
    Australia
    Moves
    12 Jun '09 01:07
    i know why they wanted to be allowed in the asian zone but last time i checked (fairly recently) aus was part of oceania and not asia. you know i think ireland would have a better chance of qualifying from the north american zone, maybe we should change to? in fact each country should be able to choice which continent they want to represent, if their first ch ...[text shortened]... e 5th best asian team? seems fifa just giving oceania an indirect direct spot to the world cup.
    I wouldnt be Surprised if the Kiwi's Qualify against the 5 placed Asian, as New Zealand are not that far behind, they managed to put 3 goals past Italy a couple days ago....ok so they conceded 4 goals but Italy are supposedly the current world Champs.

Asia are in the final qualifying stage...and 1 game to go this weekend.
    *we have 2 groups, the top 2 teams of each group qualify.
    *3rd place in both groups play each other, the winner of that plays The winners of Oceania (New Zealand) to qualify for South Africa 2010.

Group 1 Teams current points in brackets
    1-Australia(17)
    2-Japan (15)
    -------------------
    3-Bahrain (7)
    4-Qatar (6) (completed all games)
    5-Uzbekistan (4)

Note: Australia v Japan) to determine who finishes 1st and 2nd, however whatever the result both have qualified)
    * Bahrain V Uzbekistan ...Goal Diff= (-3 v -4)
    I would Predict Bahrain, all they need is a draw.

Group 2 much tighter group this one
    1- Korea Rep (15)
    2- Korea DPR (11)
    3- Saudi Arabia (11)
    4- Iran (10)
    5- UAE (1) (completed all games)

Korea Rep V Iran... Goal Diff=(+8 v +1) Korea Rep at home and their superior goal difference will at least get a draw, Iran would have to win but cant see it happening

Saudi Arabia V Korea DPR.... Goal Diff= (0 v +2) Saudi Arabia at Home would have to win with these Goal differences to qualify, Korea Rep only need a Draw, But I am Going to predict Saudi Arabia To win it at home.
    ------------------------------------------
    I predict New Zealand would play the Winner of Bahrain and Saudi Arabia, which I believe would be Saudi Arabia.
    NZ are capable of upsetting either of these teams but its unlikely.
  9. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    12 Jun '09 01:33
    I wouldnt be Surprised if the Kiwi's Qualify against the 5 placed Asian, as New Zealand are not that far behind, they managed to put 3 goals past Italy a couple days ago....ok so they conceded 4 goals but Italy are supposedly the current world Champs.

Asia are in the final qualifying stage...and 1 game to go this weekend.
    *we have 2 groups, the top 2 te ...[text shortened]... eve would be Saudi Arabia.
    NZ are capable of upsetting either of these teams but its unlikely.
    who did uae get their point against? would be nice to see north korea in the world cup...and drawing the states πŸ˜€

as long as ireland make it i'll be happy, a couple of huge games coming up in sept/oct but i'm confident of getting a playoff spot. even n.i have a slim chance of making the playoffs, two irish teams in the final that would be something special.
  10. 6yd box
    Moves
    12 Jun '09 01:47
    😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴
    boring thread of the week
  11. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    12 Jun '09 01:51
    Originally posted by spurs73
    😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴
    glad to see you're not wasting any time by posting in it then. i know you have a very busy life, it's good to get the priorities straight.
  12. Standard memberbarstudd
    dinky-di Aussie
    Australia
    Moves
    12 Jun '09 11:33
    Originally posted by spurs73
    😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴
    Boring People get bored easy
  13. Standard memberbarstudd
    dinky-di Aussie
    Australia
    Moves
    12 Jun '09 11:53
    who did uae get their point against? would be nice to see north korea in the world cup...and drawing the states πŸ˜€

as long as ireland make it i'll be happy, a couple of huge games coming up in sept/oct but i'm confident of getting a playoff spot. even n.i have a slim chance of making the playoffs, two irish teams in the final that would be something special.
    All the points that were scored in the qualifiers and thats the one that stands out.....lol

was a 1-1 against Iran.

Just thought I would add the Aussies had a 3-0 win over England last time the 2 teams metπŸ˜‰
  14. Standard memberTirau Dan
    Enjoying Life
    Tirau NZ
    Moves
    12 Jun '09 18:462 edits
    http://www.fifa.com/confederationscup/index.html

Brazil Egypt Spain Iraq Italy New Zealand South Africa USA are the teams playing in this one.

Australia was beaten in qualifying by Iraq (
    NZ won Oceania easily without them and enjoys it's third Conf Cup since aus jumped group.

NZ are the Group A minnows with South Africa, Iraq and Spain. No Hope especially as those few pro players that play in UK are rarely let off for int duty by their poncy English clubs. esp Ryan Nelson our only prem player not released by Burnley.
    Watch for Shane Smeltz (Gold Coast United) and Kris Bright (Panserraikos) to find the back of the net and Steve Old (Kilmarnock)(capt)

The boys will do well. If they do Iraq Aus will really feel sick haha

In the World Cup Oceania winner (NZ) plays off against the eventual Asia 5th place getter for a spot in SA 2010. High Hopes for that.
    Though Aus get to play in the exotic middle East rather than Vanuatu, Fiji etc they really cut their throats regard confed cup as they aren't ever guaranteed to win Asia to get there.

ps: edit Aus are top of their group in Asia..
    http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/preliminaries/asia/standings/index.html
  15. Standard memberbarstudd
    dinky-di Aussie
    Australia
    Moves
    12 Jun '09 21:314 edits
    Originally posted by Tirau Dan
    http://www.fifa.com/confederationscup/index.html

Brazil Egypt Spain Iraq Italy New Zealand South Africa USA are the teams playing in this one.

Australia was beaten in qualifying by Iraq (
    NZ won Oceania easily without them and enjoys it's third Conf Cup since aus jumped group.

NZ are the Group A minnows with South Africa, Iraq and Spain. No Hope f their group in Asia..
    http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/preliminaries/asia/standings/index.html
    The Fifth place Asian Team will have nothing on Teams Like Brazil and Italy who New Zealand may face in The Confederation cup, So even if New Zealand Gets smashed in the confederations cup its still a good hit out before their qualifier against the 5th place asian team.

The boys will do well. If they do Iraq Aus will really feel sick haha
    Socceroos havent always had it their own way against NZ as you know, so that does say something for New Zealand, but as far as Australia's Asian Cup loss to Iraq go's Iraq were playing a lot better than how they are currently, and Australia,well the only excuse I can think of is that Australia were new to Asia Football and were having a a difficult time dealing with the hot weather.....So really, I would love New Zealand to be there at the world cup,..... Australia V New Zealand at the World Cup would be a first....what a daunting thought for NZπŸ˜‰

they really cut their throats regard confed cup as Australias playing program is now full on with the 3 goup stages in the world cup qualifier's so that has to be better than those Mickey Mouse games against Oceania (as harry Kewell say's) there's also like 2 group qualifiers in the Asian cup before the knockout stages....so really we dont need it!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree