1. Standard memberRed Night
    RHP Prophet
    pursuing happiness
    Moves
    07 Jun '07 21:58
    Bradley really had the Americans looking sharp in their last match and sporting a nifty 4-0-1 record so far this year.

Have to wonder if they may not be the sleeper going into the Copa America.

You also have to wonder if the team may be even stronger with Tim Howard replacing Casey Keller in the nets.

On the surface, it looks like one world-class keeper replacing another, but Howard has always had more to prove and is 6 years younger.

Look for Team USA to successfully defend it's gold cup title and shock the world by advancing to the semis and maybe even the finals in the Copa America.
  2. Joined
    09 Dec '06
    Moves
    08 Jun '07 07:27
    Originally posted by Red Night
    Bradley really had the Americans looking sharp in their last match and sporting a nifty 4-0-1 record so far this year.

Have to wonder if they may not be the sleeper going into the Copa America.

You also have to wonder if the team may be even stronger with Tim Howard replacing Casey Keller in the nets.

On the surface, it looks like one world-clas ...[text shortened]... le and shock the world by advancing to the semis and maybe even the finals in the Copa America.
    I take it that by world class you mean best in the US not the REAL world?
  3. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    08 Jun '07 15:27
    Originally posted by petrosianpupil
    I take it that by world class you mean best in the US not the REAL world?
    Same "World" as in the "World" Series, I guess.

D
  4. Standard memberRed Night
    RHP Prophet
    pursuing happiness
    Moves
    08 Jun '07 17:591 edit
    Romario on Keller (after the American had shut-out Brazil 1-0:

“That is the best performance by a goalkeeper I have ever seen.”

2 Seasons ago Howard was named to the Premiership Best XI, maybe they don't publicize that over in the UK since the list is always dominated by foreigners.

So yes, World Class.
  5. Joined
    09 Dec '06
    Moves
    09 Jun '07 10:20
    Romario on Keller (after the American had shut-out Brazil 1-0:

“That is the best performance by a goalkeeper I have ever seen.”

2 Seasons ago Howard was named to the Premiership Best XI, maybe they don't publicize that over in the UK since the list is always dominated by foreigners.

So yes, World Class.
    True we have many world class foreigners and Howard is never mentioned as one of them.

A good half a season does not make you world class (It was his fault UTD went out against Porto). He was rated on a par with Carrol at UTD and much worse than Van der saar.

The fact that he cannot get a place in the big clubs in the prem and was only valued around £3 million should tell you something. He's not a bad goalie, but no big club in Europe would entain him as a first choice.

Like I say your concept of World is at fault here. A good goalie for the US, but on a par with some of your others NOT a class apart.
  6. SubscriberSmookieP
    Lead, Follow, or..
    Saint Petersburg, FL
    Moves
    10 Jun '07 00:25
    He DID quote a pretty credible witness..
  7. Standard memberRed Night
    RHP Prophet
    pursuing happiness
    Moves
    10 Jun '07 03:381 edit
    Veteran International, Casey Keller, shut-out Trinidad to lead Team USA to it's 6th victory of 2007 as Bradley's bunch advanced to the Quarter Finals of the Gold Cup.

MLS stars Brian Ching and Eddie Johnson supplied the scoring as the US remained un-beaten under new head coach Bob Bradley.

London bookmakers have taken notice. The US has quietly moved up from 9th favorite into a virtual tie for fifth with Colombia and Venezuela.
  8. Bramall Lane
    Moves
    10 Jun '07 09:00
    Veteran International, Casey Keller, shut-out Trinidad to lead Team USA to it's 6th victory of 2007 as Bradley's bunch advanced to the Quarter Finals of the Gold Cup.

MLS stars Brian Ching and Eddie Johnson supplied the scoring as the US remained un-beaten under new head coach Bob Bradley.

London bookmakers have taken notice. The US has quietly moved up from 9th favorite into a virtual tie for fifth with Colombia and Venezuela.
    Ah yes... those dominant World forces..... Colombia and Venezuela!

Well done.
  9. Standard memberRed Night
    RHP Prophet
    pursuing happiness
    Moves
    10 Jun '07 22:15
    Remember you heard it here first, USA will shock the world i nthe upcoming Copa America.
  10. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    10 Jun '07 22:53
    Remember you heard it here first, USA will shock the world i nthe upcoming Copa America.
    Venezuela (Hosts)
    Argentina
    Bolivia
    Brazil (Holders)
    Chile
    Colombia
    Ecuador
    Mexico (Invitee)
    Paraguay
    Peru
    Uruguay
    USA (Invitee)

Out of the above copied and pasted list, and without even knowing the fixture list, I would expect the u.s. team to finish behind Uruguay, Peru, Paraguay, Mexico, Chile, Brazil, Argentina, Bolivia and Venezuela.

D
  11. Standard memberRed Night
    RHP Prophet
    pursuing happiness
    Moves
    11 Jun '07 02:551 edit
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    Venezuela (Hosts)
    Argentina
    Bolivia
    Brazil (Holders)
    Chile
    Colombia
    Ecuador
    Mexico (Invitee)
    Paraguay
    Peru
    Uruguay
    USA (Invitee)

Out of the above copied and pasted list, and without even knowing the fixture list, I would expect the u.s. team to finish behind Uruguay, Peru, Paraguay, Mexico, Chile, Brazil, Argentina, Bolivia and Venezuela.

D
    Of course YOU would.
  12. Standard memberRed Night
    RHP Prophet
    pursuing happiness
    Moves
    11 Jun '07 02:57
    Honduras stun Mexico in Gold Cup
  13. Joined
    11 Jan '07
    Moves
    11 Jun '07 16:12
    Honduras stun Mexico in Gold Cup
    does anyone care?
  14. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    11 Jun '07 16:19
    Yes, I do. Damn Hugo Sanchez is the WORST coach Mexico could have 😠

I really don't get it, what's the point of not putting the pair Borgetti-Castillo when they are 1-0 ahead and try to nake the difference bigger, for crying out loud!

And stupid Cuauhtemoc Blanco... damn damn damn!

That Cup is tailor made for Mexico to win it and, instead, the team is embarassing itself and the Mexican football 😠 😠 😠 😠 😠

I am really angry
  15. Standard memberRed Night
    RHP Prophet
    pursuing happiness
    Moves
    11 Jun '07 18:54
    Originally posted by 1WhiteKnight
    does anyone care?
    Yes. A large segment of the world cares. A vast sea of humanity who could care less what camilla and charles are up to, but living on a foggy little island isolated from the rest of the world by a mass-hysterical delusion of self-importance, you wouldn't know anything about that.

Did you check out today's page 3 girl yet?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree