1. cube# 6484
    Moves
    13 Jul '09 20:27
    Originally posted by phil3000
    I stumbled on a game of base ball for the first ever time on sky tv , out of curiousity i watched it for about ten minutes . What a waste of ten minutes !! it must be the most boring sport i have had the misfortune to watch , no wonder you yanks are turning to football ( soccer ) 😴😴
    Nothing is more boring than soccer!
  2. Dublin
    Moves
    13 Jul '09 22:52
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    Soccer, as it stands, favors the defense too much.
    Interesting, that's exactly my view of baseball. It seems far too easy to get batters out, you can often go an hour without a hit. You'd never see an hour without a shot in football, even in the most boring game.
  3. Joined
    24 Apr '07
    Moves
    14 Jul '09 13:22
    Originally posted by MoneyManMike
    what do you think of cricket?
    The only sport that's more boreing then baseball..watching people working on a building site would be far more exciting 🙂
  4. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    14 Jul '09 13:26
    Originally posted by Jamesqt
    watching people working on a building site would be far more exciting
    Particularly if the men working on the building site are muscular and shirtless, right?
  5. Joined
    24 Apr '07
    Moves
    14 Jul '09 13:29
    Originally posted by sh76
    I watched the World Cup final last time. Zero-freaking-Zero. Was that exciting? Zidonne character elbowed the guy in the face.
    In my opinion it was a lot more exciting then the last super bowl final! With football (I can't say the s word) you have to support a team to get into it! Also Zidane was sent off for head-butted a player in the chest, major drama as the worlds best player ends his final professional game of football in disgrace!
  6. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    14 Jul '09 14:442 edits
    Most boring to me:

1.Baseball 🙁
    2.American Football [sort of like rugby for pansies except you can throw the ball forwards and you wear a suit of armour]
    3.Basketball 🙁🙁 [under 7 footers need not apply]
    4.Hockey [ice] 🙁
    5.Wrestling [the pretendy type]
  7. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    14 Jul '09 15:00
    Originally posted by Jamesqt
    In my opinion it was a lot more exciting then the last super bowl final! With football (I can't say the s word) you have to support a team to get into it! Also Zidane was sent off for head-butted a player in the chest, major drama as the worlds best player ends his final professional game of football in disgrace!
    Right. Head butt not elbow; either way, that was the most exciting thing that happened all match.

I thought the endings of the last 2 super bowls were great; especially the Giants-Pats one a couple of years ago. That was the most exciting sporting event finish I can remember.

In football, every play something happens. Either you move towards the end zone or you move closer to having to punt and give the ball up. In soccer, most of what happens on the field is meaningless in terms of the outcome of the game. Therein lies the major distinction.
  8. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    14 Jul '09 15:011 edit
    Originally posted by Schumi
    Interesting, that's exactly my view of baseball. It seems far too easy to get batters out, you can often go an hour without a hit. You'd never see an hour without a shot in football, even in the most boring game.
    In baseball, the average final score is about 5-4; maybe 6-4. Comebacks from 3 or 4 run deficits are routine. When was the last time a soccer team came back from a 3 goal deficit in a big game?

Enough said.
  9. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    14 Jul '09 15:231 edit
    In baseball, the average final score is about 5-4; maybe 6-4. Comebacks from 3 or 4 run deficits are routine. When was the last time a soccer team came back from a 3 goal deficit in a big game?

Enough said.
    Last one I saw was Liverpool coming back from 3 goals down to beat AC Milan in the Champions League final a few years ago. Now that was a GREAT game!

I also saw Toronto FC score 6 goals in the second half to win the Canadian Championship this year. They needed 4 goals in the 2nd half to beat Vancouver and ended up scoring 6.
  10. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    14 Jul '09 15:271 edit
    Originally posted by Schumi
    Baseball is the only sport where the defense has the ball. A player who can hit safely on average 3 out of 10 times is considered great. So I don't disagree with you, however sh76 is corerct in that a team is rarely ever out of a game and comebacks are far more frequent than in football although certainly not as rare as he claims.
  11. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    14 Jul '09 17:03
    Originally posted by darvlay
    Last one I saw was Liverpool coming back from 3 goals down to beat AC Milan in the Champions League final a few years ago. Now that was a GREAT game!

I also saw Toronto FC score 6 goals in the second half to win the Canadian Championship this year. They needed 4 goals in the 2nd half to beat Vancouver and ended up scoring 6.
    Well, okay, so they do happen once in a while. In baseball they happen every night.
  12. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    14 Jul '09 17:08
    Well, okay, so they do happen once in a while. In baseball they happen every night.
    It doesn't matter. It really is comparing apples and oranges.
  13. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    14 Jul '09 17:081 edit
    Originally posted by darvlay
    Baseball is the only sport where the defense has the ball. A player who can hit safely on average 3 out of 10 times is considered great. So I don't disagree with you, however sh76 is corerct in that a team is rarely ever out of a game and comebacks are far more frequent than in football although certainly not as rare as he claims.
    It doesn't affect your basic point, but the 3 out of 10 is a misnomer. A walk is a success for the hitter. Ergo, the great players succeed closer to 4 in 10 times. I know it's not all that relevant to your post and I know you were just reciting the cliche, but it drives me nuts that so many people routinely discount that value of the walk.
  14. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    14 Jul '09 17:09
    It doesn't affect your basic point, but the 3 out of 10 is a misnomer. A walk is a success for the hitter. Ergo, the great players succeed closer to 4 in 10 times. I know it's not all that relevant to your post and I know you were just reciting the cliche, but it drives me nuts that so many people routinely discount that value of the walk.
    Fair point.
  15. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    14 Jul '09 18:331 edit
    Originally posted by NimzovichLarsen
    Nothing is more boring than soccer!
    Let's be fair now. Have you ever watched synchronized swimming in the Olympics?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree