Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Sports Forum

Sports Forum

  1. Subscriber radioactive69
    Fun, fun fun!!
    11 Oct '17 06:15
    Wow, the football Gods certainly weren't smiling on the USA today.

    It would take an absolute miracle for them to be eliminated today and that's what happened.

    Anyone know how they managed to be beaten by the lowly T& B? Unbelievable !!
  2. 11 Oct '17 11:05
    US sucks at soccer.
  3. 11 Oct '17 22:49
    Originally posted by @radioactive69

    Anyone know how they managed to be beaten by the lowly T& B? Unbelievable !![/b]
    Who TF are. "T & B" ??

    I thought US lost to Trinidad and Tobago?
  4. Subscriber Very Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    12 Oct '17 17:30
    Originally posted by @blood-on-the-tracks
    Who TF are. "T & B" ??

    I thought US lost to Trinidad and Tobago?
    bott,

    Who would TF be? ....

    You don't have the nerve to say it!!!!

    -VR
  5. Subscriber roma45
    st johnstone
    12 Oct '17 18:06
    Originally posted by @very-rusty
    bott,

    Who would TF be? ....

    You don't have the nerve to say it!!!!

    -VR
    TF. Is the French they qualified

    Who wants to go to Russia for a currupt competition any way?

    Scotland boycoted it again
  6. 12 Oct '17 22:36
    I have the nerve, Rusty, but youngsters read these forums, and I believe in a little decorum.
    Hi Roma. Ironically, the last minute equaliser you let England sneak in your home game cost you the play off place.
    Agree though. Will be no fun next Summer for us!
  7. 13 Oct '17 01:20
    "America's embarrassment over its soccer team is like Kate Upton's embarrassment over her ankle mole." -David Burge
  8. Subscriber radioactive69
    Fun, fun fun!!
    13 Oct '17 01:48
    Originally posted by @blood-on-the-tracks
    Who TF are. "T & B" ??

    I thought US lost to Trinidad and Tobago?
    Yes they did, but I couldn't be bothered writing it all out so I thought if I put T & B in some mindless twit who has nothing better to do than fix small grammatical errors, you know, people who have nothing else to do in life than point out the obscure little things that everyone who has a brain would understand.............and I was right. You took the bait and ran with it like a big dumb toadfish.

    Looking forward to the Aussies slapping Honduras all over the field in the intercontinental playoff and going on to the big stage and this time winning the whole shebang. It's only an obscure wee sport over here in Oz but hey, we don't mind taking home the cup where it can accumulate dust in some small clubhouse.

    Oh.......I may have spelled toadfish wrong. Mr forum nazi, please research this and get back to us pronto. And bring us all a beer as while you're at it. And maybe a small snack. That's a good Dobby.
  9. 13 Oct '17 07:59 / 2 edits
    Hey, chill, Champ

    Didn't even notice it was you ~ was just reading the sports forum and noticed USA were out. Assumed posters on a SPORTS forum would get the sporting facts correct.

    Obviously I was wrong.

    Get back to you on Oz's underhand and, basically, cheating way of trying to qualify for the WC at a later date. A tad odd that they don't partake in the same section as NZ and other geographically close neighbours.
  10. Standard member vivify
    rain
    13 Oct '17 11:13
    The women's team is in the World Cup, however. They've won three World Cups so far.
  11. 13 Oct '17 11:40
    Originally posted by @vivify
    The women's team is in the World Cup, however. They've won three World Cups so far.
    maybe you should just enter the women's team in the men's competition?
  12. 13 Oct '17 23:42
    Originally posted by @blood-on-the-tracks
    maybe you should just enter the women's team in the men's competition?
    The women's team would win the men's world cup which is why women are not allowed to play.

    Just ask D.
  13. 13 Oct '17 23:45
    Originally posted by @eladar
    The women's team would win the men's world cup which is why women are not allowed to play.

    Just ask D.
    I don't think even D64 is that deluded.

    At the risk of being a sexist/mysogenist

    It is like watching a different sport. Women's football so many levels below men's.
  14. 14 Oct '17 00:07
    Originally posted by @blood-on-the-tracks
    I don't think even D64 is that deluded.

    At the risk of being a sexist/mysogenist

    It is like watching a different sport. Women's football so many levels below men's.
    You must be a man. You are probably even a white man.

    Obviously a sexist, racist troll.
  15. 14 Oct '17 06:09
    Originally posted by @eladar
    You must be a man. You are probably even a white man.

    Obviously a sexist, racist troll.
    Actually, a soccer fan!