1. Subscriberdivegeester
    reality bites
    variable
    Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    86734
    15 Aug '12 19:01
    I guess you Gunners fans will be boosting yourselves for a Europa league spot then?
  2. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    94249
    16 Aug '12 12:29
    Originally posted by divegeester
    I guess you Gunners fans will be boosting yourselves for a Europa league spot then?
    it will be interesting to see how man u line up when the season starts. both rooney and van persie like to come and get the ball. will one of them be told to play as traditional poacher as part of a front two, then young will have to go out on the wing? or will fergie switch to a front three with rooney and young coming in from wider positions, similar to when tevez and ronaldo were there.

    ill probably eat these words but i cant see rooney and van persie playing well together.
  3. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    2996
    17 Aug '12 00:13
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    it will be interesting to see how man u line up when the season starts. both rooney and van persie like to come and get the ball. will one of them be told to play as traditional poacher as part of a front two, then young will have to go out on the wing? or will fergie switch to a front three with rooney and young coming in from wider positions, simila ...[text shortened]... ere.

    ill probably eat these words but i cant see rooney and van persie playing well together.
    I'm excited for ManU. I guess the Chicharito experiment is over. Fergie will solve the riddle and it will be fun to watch!
  4. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    94249
    17 Aug '12 01:04
    Originally posted by scacchipazzo
    I'm excited for ManU. I guess the Chicharito experiment is over. Fergie will solve the riddle and it will be fun to watch!
    as an avid football manger (pc game) player, tactics fascinate me. most teams in the prem are going for last seasons formations. man u and liverpool may offer something new, i pretty exited about the season too. watch out for middlesbrough, we are almost set for a promotion challenge, one decent striker and i will put my mortgage on it.
  5. Subscriberdivegeester
    reality bites
    variable
    Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    86734
    17 Aug '12 12:11
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    it will be interesting to see how man u line up when the season starts. both rooney and van persie like to come and get the ball. will one of them be told to play as traditional poacher as part of a front two, then young will have to go out on the wing? or will fergie switch to a front three with rooney and young coming in from wider positions, simila ...[text shortened]... ere.

    ill probably eat these words but i cant see rooney and van persie playing well together.
    Good point. Although i've seen Berbatov playing in pre-season I can't see that experiment as being a success, so it's likely he will go in January after a couple of run-outs. I'm wondering if Rooney, who blossomed so early, is already past his zenith. Internationally he is a dead loss.
  6. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    2996
    17 Aug '12 16:16
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    as an avid football manger (pc game) player, tactics fascinate me. most teams in the prem are going for last seasons formations. man u and liverpool may offer something new, i pretty exited about the season too. watch out for middlesbrough, we are almost set for a promotion challenge, one decent striker and i will put my mortgage on it.
    I haven't the faintest idea about managing but admire those who do know and especially those who practice it at a high level. Chelsea's Roberto di Matteo is my current favorite mgr simply because he did so much with so little. He will be one of the best given a full slate of healthy talent. There is a lot of value in not tinkering with what worked last season, though. Yet losing Drogba has got to be a problem no one would want. As for your point about Middlesborough, I know nothing about them, but indeed many teams are a striker away from making noise. Case in point is England.

    If ManCity reins in Balotelli they might repeat. Most teams would benefefit from an inhouse shrink! Can't wait for the derbys all across EPL!
  7. 6yd box
    Joined
    24 Jun '07
    Moves
    5179
    18 Aug '12 10:13
    Song set to leave Arsenal as well- this is be interesting!
  8. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    2996
    19 Aug '12 02:19
    Originally posted by spurs73
    Song set to leave Arsenal as well- this is be interesting!
    Where's song going? Arsenal is imploding, but no worse than Liverpool. That was about the worse showing by an alleged contender in a long time. They do not seem to gel one bit.
  9. Subscriberroma45
    st johnstone
    Joined
    14 Nov '09
    Moves
    343581
    19 Aug '12 07:35
    Originally posted by scacchipazzo
    Where's song going? Arsenal is imploding, but no worse than Liverpool. That was about the worse showing by an alleged contender in a long time. They do not seem to gel one bit.
    song away to barcelona in a few days time
  10. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    2996
    19 Aug '12 11:35
    Originally posted by roma45
    song away to barcelona in a few days time
    Yikes! Barcelona will be even more frightening! Although I think teams are beginning to figure them out!
  11. 6yd box
    Joined
    24 Jun '07
    Moves
    5179
    20 Aug '12 17:55
    Originally posted by scacchipazzo
    Yikes! Barcelona will be even more frightening! Although I think teams are beginning to figure them out!
    yea- that may be why they got Song to sit in front of defence-although he did 'wonder' around a lot for Arsenal!
  12. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    10263
    21 Aug '12 01:24
    Fecken Everton.
  13. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    2996
    21 Aug '12 03:32
    Originally posted by spurs73
    yea- that may be why they got Song to sit in front of defence-although he did 'wonder' around a lot for Arsenal!
    Perhaps, but he will be better coached than he was with the Gunners. Song has the goods. Exploiting these is a coach's job.
  14. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    2996
    21 Aug '12 03:34
    Originally posted by Trev33
    Fecken Everton.
    Ha! I guess the riddle is unsolveable from the bench! Fergie will figure it out. Now if he can get the other feckless bunch going! Everton sure looked like they had no fear whatsoever!
  15. Subscriber64squaresofpain
    The drunk knight
    Stuck on g1
    Joined
    02 Sep '12
    Moves
    46102
    14 Sep '12 18:57
    his hat-trick at southampton was a great way to settle him into the club, and perhaps their "attack mentality" can be revitalized... which is needed after the defeat vs everton.

    I'm no United fan... but I support anything that cripples arsenal, just for the hilarity that ensues... poor Wenger lol
Back to Top