Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Sports Forum

Sports Forum

  1. 11 Jan '10 21:26
    Ah, just what I wanted. A chance to pound those Cowboys in the Met.
    Was surprised as heck to see GB lose like they did.
  2. 11 Jan '10 22:11
    Originally posted by Hugh Glass
    Ah, just what I wanted. A chance to pound those Cowboys in the Met.
    Was surprised as heck to see GB lose like they did.
    GB was most definitely robbed! How can the refs miss a facemask against a QB. They seem to see the center's anus flinch when the nose guard whispers he's plugging center's sis in all outlets in front of center's mother and call a false start yet they failed to see a facemask!?! What crap is that?

    As for teh Cowboys being pounded, I'm not so sure!
  3. 11 Jan '10 23:17
    Originally posted by Hugh Glass
    Ah, just what I wanted. A chance to pound those Cowboys in the Met.
    Was surprised as heck to see GB lose like they did.
    Revenge from the Stuabach Hail Mary happens on Sunday.

    There are some crimes I never forget.
  4. 12 Jan '10 00:23
    Originally posted by badmoon
    Revenge from the Stuabach Hail Mary happens on Sunday.

    There are some crimes I never forget.
    That's one of the unforgetable plays of all time! Never forget it, even if revenge takes place. Maybe the Cowboys will repeat it since Romo is Catholic!
  5. 12 Jan '10 05:52
    Originally posted by badmoon
    Revenge from the Stuabach Hail Mary happens on Sunday.

    There are some crimes I never forget.
    we're talking Drew Pearson right?

    Ref got beaned with a square bottle after the non-call?
  6. 12 Jan '10 12:40
    Originally posted by Hugh Glass
    we're talking Drew Pearson right?

    Ref got beaned with a square bottle after the non-call?
    That was a good non-call. The ref was right there. Both players were pushing and shoving all the way. Indeed Drew Pearson was the receiver. If it's any consolation, Staubach is a tremendous guy, active in civic affairs and a pillar of the community. I spoke to him once and he is gracious, friendly and nonprepossessing. He has never let the community down! You know who I miss? Coach Bud Grant. He was a great guy and a great coach who had the misfortune of having teams a wee step below the opponents and thus never won it all, yet deserved it. He truly never caught a break!
  7. 12 Jan '10 19:59
    Just in case you guys forget here it is in all its glory! Staubach at his best and Cowboys at their greatest!

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMN1HfQaE5o
  8. 13 Jan '10 09:41
    Originally posted by scacchipazzo
    Just in case you guys forget here it is in all its glory! Staubach at his best and Cowboys at their greatest!

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMN1HfQaE5o
    yay for the cowboys!
  9. 13 Jan '10 12:19
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    yay for the cowboys!
    Yay Cowboys indeed! Bestest team there ever was! Internal dissension between Ray Childress and Farvre will get them. Won't be able to figure out the Dallas D!
  10. 15 Jan '10 17:08
    Originally posted by scacchipazzo
    Yay Cowboys indeed! Bestest team there ever was! Internal dissension between Ray Childress and Farvre will get them. Won't be able to figure out the Dallas D!
    If any QB can figure out a defense, it's favre. What will be the problem? Whether or not McKinney can be effective against Ware coming from the side.
    I expect a bunch of play action, to some speedsters, in Harvin and peterson. But you can't leave Taylor out of the picture either.
    Dallas jumps off side alot, and farve is a master at quick counts. Penalties have hurt Dallas.
    Crowd noise will be an entirely different thing than the new orleans game was.
    That is why we play for that home field.
  11. 15 Jan '10 17:55
    Originally posted by Hugh Glass
    If any QB can figure out a defense, it's favre. What will be the problem? Whether or not McKinney can be effective against Ware coming from the side.
    I expect a bunch of play action, to some speedsters, in Harvin and peterson. But you can't leave Taylor out of the picture either.
    Dallas jumps off side alot, and farve is a master at quick counts. Penalti ...[text shortened]... irely different thing than the new orleans game was.
    That is why we play for that home field.
    Ditto to all your points, yet Cowboys seem to have both Farvres' number as well as the Vikings! I can't wait because win or lose sports are great indeed!!!!!!! Man I love football!
  12. 15 Jan '10 21:05
    Originally posted by scacchipazzo
    Ditto to all your points, yet Cowboys seem to have both Farvres' number as well as the Vikings! I can't wait because win or lose sports are great indeed!!!!!!! Man I love football!
    If the Vikings are completely stiffled in the running game, they are toast.
    I saw a alarming thing happen when favre came to Mn. We stopped run blocking, and started pass protection.
    It has to be a more even mix, or we die on the vine, ala interceptions thrown.
    I can't begin to state how important the loss of EJ Henderson was to our defense!

    dallas has the ability to kick into the end zone, which could limit Harvin on kick off returns. A back breaking play that happens in a play-off game. The crowd noise.
  13. 15 Jan '10 22:22
    Originally posted by Hugh Glass
    If the Vikings are completely stiffled in the running game, they are toast.
    I saw a alarming thing happen when favre came to Mn. We stopped run blocking, and started pass protection.
    It has to be a more even mix, or we die on the vine, ala interceptions thrown.
    I can't begin to state how important the loss of EJ Henderson was to our defense!

    dallas ...[text shortened]... vin on kick off returns. A back breaking play that happens in a play-off game. The crowd noise.
    Home field advantage does that. Hopefully the Cowboys can quiet the crowd down with an opening scoring drive, a stop on D then another score! We shall see. I hate raising my voice. I cannot imagine having to holler over a crowd like that. Cowboy stadium crowds are not as noisy as ya'll.
  14. 18 Jan '10 05:20
    The cowboys offense time and time again do not have a deep break away big play receiver that draws double coverage.And to me Tony is always in hurry or running for his life.So let roy williams go we have two like him already.get some pass/run blockers and two big play receivers .THe defense played okay up to the third quarter and the offense is the blame for being on the bench almost the whole game.They are not a offense that is consistent to score 24-30 points a game,The running game is a strength when the line does their job.The passing game is very unstable.THe offense can thank the defense for making the playoffs.Also the play callling for the offense does not spread the defense out enough.pressure on the sides of defense is great but nothing up yhe middle.I think romo is rushed on every play like the chargers stan humpyries was.But stan got it done more than inconsistant romo.He needs blocking and roll him out because since he been their he is not confident in the pocket two reasons line is not dominating and theyu to not have a consistant playmaker or a offense that can move the chains and score tds to control the game.The old teams that made it to the super bowl was able to carry out their jobs with success and dominate the game with drives that scored more tds then field goals and the defense was well rested and they did their work assignments.It also is a team that offense and play callin cannot make the adjustments for the lack of protection and talent.speed and size at receiver.Rivers pass rush and corners that covered his giant receivers left room for no error for the defense or the kicker that should be fired for he cannot handle playoff pressure.See my point rivers still would have pulled it out with a win if the kicker done is job.Tony and the cowboys do not have enough talent on offense that is why dallas should have a play on at all times for pressure/blitz like the chargers usually do but did not play or coach smarter then their rival did.
  15. 18 Jan '10 05:43
    You know the Vike played with alot of energy and heart and Farve was on the field to long and to stop him you need your offense to win the scoring and possession part of the game because the more time he is out their he gets more dangerous with scoring and being confident picking your defense apart.coaching did not find a plan or play to stop his comfort zone to take control of the game,Go shopping Jerry you should have replaced TO's talent might have had a little impact.Embarrassed again at the close of football season.Cowboys need to mix that pass rush up and send some unblocked guys like ss fs.The offense is a bigger issue not enough height .speed,talent,pass pertection.Also get some tall 6:3 to 6:5 speed on the corners,Trade roy Williamsfor a field goal kicker and tell the chargers you need same size receivers they got,that will fix the chargers and cowboys still have o-line issues.If those things get fixed and still Tony struggles and will not make the super bowl trade for some tall agressive speedy corners with some offensive line like jamal williams.