Which QB should start for the 49ers?

Which QB should start for the 49ers?

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

s

Moves
29 Nov 12

Originally posted by shortcircuit
Why do you feel they should be held to a different set of rules in their employment than
you do in yours? Are you saying they aren't entitled to take a higher paying job if one
is offered? Are you saying if an opportunity to work closer to home so they can be
with their family more, that they shouldn't be allowed to do so?

That is very unrealisti ...[text shortened]... everal of them have aspirations to take it to
the next level, so they have to get used to it.
Simply unfair because the kids are stuck because of NCAA rules. I begrudge coaches nothing, but I do not have to like it either. BY far the worst was Urban Meyer, however.

Back to QB's. SO Kaepernick gets the nod. Now let's see what happens if he bombs. Rams are tough at home and have a decent D. Should be a fascinating game. Fisher is an excellent coach and IMHO better than Harbaugh will ever be.

U

Moves
30 Nov 12

Originally posted by scacchipazzo
Simply unfair because the kids are stuck because of NCAA rules. I begrudge coaches nothing, but I do not have to like it either. BY far the worst was Urban Meyer, however.

Back to QB's. SO Kaepernick gets the nod. Now let's see what happens if he bombs. Rams are tough at home and have a decent D. Should be a fascinating game. Fisher is an excellent coach and IMHO better than Harbaugh will ever be.
Fisher is better than Harbaugh??

Whatever you're smoking PLEASE let me have some.

s

Moves
30 Nov 12

Originally posted by USArmyParatrooper
Fisher is better than Harbaugh??

Whatever you're smoking PLEASE let me have some.
Harbaugh is not good enough to lick the bootstraps of Fisher. Harbaugh lucked out by getting better personnel than Fisher. Harbaugh always has trouble with the "seasoned" coaches. Look at what Coughlin did to him in the conference championship! Nuff said! Harbaugh has never coached any team to a SB, Fisher has and came within inches of winning. Harbaugh is a brash person full of bravado and little to show for it other than his drubbing of Payton in last years divisional playoff game.

U

Moves
01 Dec 12
2 edits

Harbaugh is not good enough to lick the bootstraps of Fisher. Harbaugh lucked out by getting better personnel than Fisher. Harbaugh always has trouble with the "seasoned" coaches. Look at what Coughlin did to him in the conference championship! Nuff said! Harbaugh has never coached any team to a SB, Fisher has and came within inches of winning. Harbaug ...[text shortened]... little to show for it other than his drubbing of Payton in last years divisional playoff game.
Harbaugh took over a 1-11 Stanford team, made steady improvements every year and finished off his tenure with a 12-1 record.

Yes, he got soooo lucky to take over all those awesome players with a 6-10 record that have actually sucked for years. But yeah, you're right. Harbaugh is a bum because he didn't take the 6-10 team to the freaking SUPERBOWL his one and only year coaching in the NFL. He only manged to improve them from 6-10 to 13-3 and play for the Conference title.

Kudos to Fisher for getting a team to the Superbowl and losing once out of his what, 20 or so years of coaching in the NFL? He's doing a great job with the Rams this year BTW.

Fisher isn't fit to carry Harbaugh's jock strap.

s

Moves
01 Dec 12

Harbaugh took over a 1-11 Stanford team, made steady improvements every year and finished off his tenure with a 12-1 record.

Yes, he got soooo lucky to take over all those awesome players with a 6-10 record that have actually sucked for years. But yeah, you're right. Harbaugh is a bum because he didn't take the 6-10 team to the freaking SUPERBO ...[text shortened]... great job with the Rams this year BTW.

Fisher isn't fit to carry Harbaugh's jock strap.
Harbaugh did it with previous coaches' drafts. how skillful of him! Now I do grant that when he took Kaepernick I applauded the move. Fisher is an excellent coach who has had a run of bad luck including that stop inches from victory. Harbaugh has yet to prove himself in big games. Just watch him have trouble with the Rams on Sunday. Rams are tough at home. If I had to pick a replacement for Jason Barret I'd take Fisher over Harbaugh any day. And I never said he was a bum, just not as good as Fisher.

master of disaster

funny farm

Moves
01 Dec 12

Harbaugh did it with previous coaches' drafts. how skillful of him! Now I do grant that when he took Kaepernick I applauded the move. Fisher is an excellent coach who has had a run of bad luck including that stop inches from victory. Harbaugh has yet to prove himself in big games. Just watch him have trouble with the Rams on Sunday. Rams are tough at ho ...[text shortened]... take Fisher over Harbaugh any day. And I never said he was a bum, just not as good as Fisher.
Jason Garrett you mean??

The problem you have in Dallas is no one wants to be Jerry Jones' whipping boy and yes man!!

His ego got so inflated because of Jimmy Johnson's great work, Jimmy told him to kiss
off and left. Jerry thought HE was actually running the show.

Glad you Dallas boys have him. In Houston, we appreciate Bob McNair and his ability
to stay the hell out of the way of the people who know what they are doing.

I saw Jeff Fisher for many years and he is a decent coach as long as he has talent.
He has loads of talent in Houston and never got them to the Super Bowl. He finally
managed to get one Tennessee team to the Super Bowl. I think Harbaugh matches
up well as a coach, considering he has been coaching all of 6 years and this is
only his 2nd season in the NFL.

U

Moves
01 Dec 12
3 edits

Harbaugh did it with previous coaches' drafts. how skillful of him! Now I do grant that when he took Kaepernick I applauded the move. Fisher is an excellent coach who has had a run of bad luck including that stop inches from victory. Harbaugh has yet to prove himself in big games. Just watch him have trouble with the Rams on Sunday. Rams are tough at ho take Fisher over Harbaugh any day. And I never said he was a bum, just not as good as Fisher.
Yes. Harbaugh is so lucky to pick up the previous coachs' drafts who couldn't even buy a win with those same drafts.

Fisher's career record is 145–126-1. He's won 53% of his games. Wow! How very.... mediocre.

Congrats to Fisher who managed to get within inches! of wining the Superbowl ONE time in his 20 year career. Lookout Bill Walsh!

Harbaugh is 22-6-1 (after taking over a losing team), and he accomplished that while turning a turd of a quarterback (Alex Smith) into a QB who is downright respectable. Yes, 22 wins and none of them were "big games" lol

So let's summarize this.

Harbaugh took over a 1-11 Stanford team and turns them into a 12-1 team four years later. He took a 6-10 49ers team and turns them into a 13-3 team who went to the NFC Championship in a single season... and it was luck.

Fisher: Over a 20 year or so span has managed to win about HALF of his games and he went to the Superbowl ONCE and lost. And he just has bad luck.

I'm... just speechless at this point. Please tell me you're trolling me.

U

Moves
01 Dec 12

Jason Garrett you mean??

The problem you have in Dallas is no one wants to be Jerry Jones' whipping boy and yes man!!

His ego got so inflated because of Jimmy Johnson's great work, Jimmy told him to kiss
off and left. Jerry thought HE was actually running the show.

Glad you Dallas boys have him. In Houston, we appreciate Bob McNair and his abi ...[text shortened]... considering he has been coaching all of 6 years and this is
only his 2nd season in the NFL.
If by "matches up well" you mean creams him, then yes.

In those 6 years he has literally never had a season where the team wasn't better than they were the year prior.

s

Moves
01 Dec 12

Yes. Harbaugh is so lucky to pick up the previous coachs' drafts who couldn't even buy a win with those same drafts.

Fisher's career record is 145–126-1. He's won 53% of his games. Wow! How very.... mediocre.

Congrats to Fisher who managed to get within inches! of wining the Superbowl ONE time in his 20 year career. Lookout Bill Walsh!

...[text shortened]... bad luck.

I'm... just speechless at this point. Please tell me you're trolling me.
You are not deserving of being trolled. Simple responses to your posts do not constitute trolling. You flatter yourself. You can put up all the stats you want. Harbaugh is not that good. He is no Gary Payton, no McCarthy and certainly no Coughlin. And not even a Fisher. Fisher has had staying power because he is a better coach than his record suggests. Harbaugh is overrated. Show me hardware or near hardware and I will change my mind. Singletary is a better coach, but his style did not fit 49'ers. The talent was there, but Singletary simply could not get it done with today's prima donna players. For the record, Harbaugh indeed turned around Stanford, but he did not recruit Luck or the many players he made successful out of acumen, but because Luck, a truly smart kid, wanted to go to a tough academic environment, i.e., he "lucked" out! He then lucked out even more when Luck, upright kid that he is returned instead of entering the draft. Harbaugh had the most talented QB in a generation and did not accomplish much with the kid. Without "Luck" Harbaugh would be every bit the middling coach he is!

master of disaster

funny farm

Moves
01 Dec 12
2 edits

You are not deserving of being trolled. Simple responses to your posts do not constitute trolling. You flatter yourself. You can put up all the stats you want. Harbaugh is not that good. He is no Gary Payton, no McCarthy and certainly no Coughlin. And not even a Fisher. Fisher has had staying power because he is a better coach than his record suggests. sh much with the kid. Without "Luck" Harbaugh would be every bit the middling coach he is!
Ummm Gary Payton played in the NBA. Sean Payton has been a coach of the Saints...
if that is who you mean??

And, for the record, you have no idea what you are talking about with Andrew Luck.
His uncle and I have been friends for 30 years....before Andrew was born.
Yes Andrew is very smart, but your suggestion about the recruiting process and what
actually happened, you are way off base.

c

Moves
01 Dec 12

U

Moves
02 Dec 12

Ummm Gary Payton played in the NBA. Sean Payton has been a coach of the Saints...
if that is who you mean??

And, for the record, you have no idea what you are talking about with Andrew Luck.
His uncle and I have been friends for 30 years....before Andrew was born.
Yes Andrew is very smart, but your suggestion about the recruiting process and what
actually happened, you are way off base.
He didn't even know Coach Harbaugh was only on his second year in the NFL.

m

Moves
02 Dec 12

Guess the honeymoon is over with Copernicus🙂 Harbaugh is a chump

s

Moves
02 Dec 12

He didn't even know Coach Harbaugh was only on his second year in the NFL.
Of course I knew Harbaugh was in 2nd year in NFL. At any rate. I can't say I didn't tell you so! Harbaugh has coached twice now against Fisher. 0-0 and 0-1. How's that for being outcoached? I guess now I bet Harbaugh will go back to Alex Smith as I see him as that fickle. Kaepernick truly looked awful! Other than the 50 yd scramble he was about as good as Sanchez in NYC! How well are you coached when you get intentional grounding flag in endzone? Bear in mind Rams are substantially worse than 49'ers! To lose this way to inferior opposition is, well, poor coaching!

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
03 Dec 12

Of course I knew Harbaugh was in 2nd year in NFL. At any rate. I can't say I didn't tell you so! Harbaugh has coached twice now against Fisher. 0-0 and 0-1. How's that for being outcoached? I guess now I bet Harbaugh will go back to Alex Smith as I see him as that fickle. Kaepernick truly looked awful! Other than the 50 yd scramble he was about as good ...[text shortened]... antially worse than 49'ers! To lose this way to inferior opposition is, well, poor coaching!
To be fair, throwing a lateral to a guy a couple of feet away is one of the most difficult plays in sports. I'm sure CK will eventually master this skill and blow at most two or three more games while learning it.