1. Joined
    06 May '07
    Moves
    16 Jul '07 20:40
    Originally posted by Falco Lombardi
    What about A-Rod? They say if he keeps going, he will break the record.
    yeah he proablly will get in 5 years or so
  2. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    16 Jul '07 22:46
    Originally posted by LivingForJesus
    yeah he proablly will get in 5 years or so
    That purple lipstick wearing, no shirt in the park tanning, purse swinging guy probably will.

I'd like to see him come to Boston, but he'll probably go to the West coast if NY can't iron things out.

If I was A-Rod, I'd be pretty bent about their "Get this done or else" ultimatum.

P-
  3. Standard memberGalaxyShield
    Mr. Shield
    Moves
    17 Jul '07 02:08
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    That purple lipstick wearing, no shirt in the park tanning, purse swinging guy probably will.

I'd like to see him come to Boston, but he'll probably go to the West coast if NY can't iron things out.

If I was A-Rod, I'd be pretty bent about their "Get this done or else" ultimatum.

P-
    I want him to go to Boston, Detroit, or Milwaukee. The last two are pretty unlikely, but if he leaves NY, I think Boston is probably the only team that could afford him. I can see him fitting in nicely in there with Ramirez and Ortiz. But who would hit clean-up?
  4. tinyurl.com/ywohm
    Moves
    17 Jul '07 02:45
    Originally posted by rwingett
    This anti-Bonds hysteria that has swept the nation is ridiculous. Without question he is the greatest baseball player of our era. His probable dalliance with steroids does nothing to mitigate that fact. The commissioner should embrace that inevitable record. Baseball should embrace it. And the American public should shut their sanctimonious mouths and embrace it as well.
    If he were truly the greatest of our era, he wouldn't need drugs. Do the words "performance enhancing" imply that he's great or that he's not great without the steroids?
  5. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    17 Jul '07 03:30
    Originally posted by pawnhandler
    If he were truly the greatest of our era, he wouldn't need drugs. Do the words "performance enhancing" imply that he's great or that he's not great without the steroids?
    There have been a lot of other players besides Bonds who used steroids when baseball was essentially turning a blind eye. How come none of them were as good as Barry? It's because Bonds is a great player, with or without steroids.
  6. Standard member8D
    Fixer
    Detroit
    Moves
    17 Jul '07 03:45
    Did it ever occur to your type (the Barry broke the rules..BTW he did not) that maybe just maybe 1 or 2 pitchers were on the juice. And based on that outlandish assumption, shouldn't every at bat that Barry had that he struck out also have an asterick by it?

How many more HR's did he hit because of the rub? 50-100 tops. Plus going of the juice probably hurt him last year so he should get a nudge in his numbers.

He is the greatest of our time. There is no denying this fact.

He has earned the title. So get off your high horse and give him his props.
  7. tinyurl.com/ywohm
    Moves
    17 Jul '07 06:101 edit
    Originally posted by 8D
    Did it ever occur to your type (the Barry broke the rules..BTW he did not) that maybe just maybe 1 or 2 pitchers were on the juice. And based on that outlandish assumption, shouldn't every at bat that Barry had that he struck out also have an asterick by it?

How many more HR's did he hit because of the rub? 50-100 tops. Plus going of the juice probably hurt hi ...[text shortened]... ing this fact.

I did not say that he broke the rules, and thus "my type" doesn't say that either. I also don't believe for a minute that he's the only one. He'll get his props from me when he stops taking performance enhancing drugs and still does equally well.
  8. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    17 Jul '07 16:06
    I did not say that he broke the rules, and thus "my type" doesn't say that either. I also don't believe for a minute that he's the only one. He'll get his props from me when he stops taking performance enhancing drugs and still does equally well.
    Are you implying that he still does the drugs or that he's having a crap year?
  9. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    17 Jul '07 16:19
    Originally posted by rwingett
    There have been a lot of other players besides Bonds who used steroids when baseball was essentially turning a blind eye. How come none of them were as good as Barry? It's because Bonds is a great player, with or without steroids.
    I think it's fair to credit his career as a phenomenal hitter, excellent base runner, and defensive player. To make him HR king though is too much in my book. Without serious juicing no way Bonds comes close to Hank's record.

There's also this talk of A-Rod breaking the record. Does A-Rod use banned performance enhancing substances? It wouldn't surprise me.
  10. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    17 Jul '07 16:261 edit
    Originally posted by telerion
    I think it's fair to credit his career as a phenomenal hitter, excellent base runner, and defensive player. To make him HR king though is too much in my book. Without serious juicing no way Bonds comes close to Hank's record.

There's also this talk of A-Rod breaking the record. Does A-Rod use banned performance enhancing substances? It wouldn't surprise me.
    It's completely unfair to judge what Barry's performance would have been if not for all those nasty hormones. You already give him credit for being an outstanding player in all areas of the game yet condemn his ability to hit home runs which, really, has been his forte his entire career. How can you reasonably say that the record can't be broken without steroids?

And for the record, A-Rod has never been tied to the use of performance enhancing drugs and he will almost surely have that record by the time he is forty. Ken Griffey Jr., who is almost about to reach 600 career HRs, is another "clean" player. Where would he be on the list if he didn't suffer so many injuries throughout his career? Or should we just write him off as a drug user also?
  11. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    17 Jul '07 16:341 edit
    Originally posted by darvlay
    It's completely unfair to judge what Barry's performance would have been if not for all those nasty hormones. You already give him credit for being an outstanding player in all areas of the game yet condemn his ability to hit home runs which, really, has been his forte his entire career. How can you reasonably say that the record can't be broken wit many injuries throughout his career? Or should we just write him off as a drug user also?
    I think you use performance enhancing substances.

Edit: Besides it's not like baseball matters. Most of these guys are mediocre atheletes at best. Let 'em all roid for all I care.
  12. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    17 Jul '07 16:47
    I think you use performance enhancing substances.

Edit: Besides it's not like baseball matters. Most of these guys are mediocre atheletes at best. Let 'em all roid for all I care.
    Do they test for that stuff in UFC and other savage "sports"?
  13. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    17 Jul '07 16:51
    Originally posted by darvlay
    Do they test for that stuff in UFC and other savage "sports"?
    Simply put, "Yes."

Just so no one thinks I'm biased, I started centerfield all four years in high school. I enjoy watching and playing the game. It's a second-tier sport at best (a little above golf and well below tennis).
  14. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    17 Jul '07 16:52
    Simply put, "Yes."

Just so no one thinks I'm biased, I started centerfield all four years in high school. I enjoy watching and playing the game. It's a second-tier sport at best (a little above golf and well below tennis).
    Is that a "Yes" like they test for steroids in professional wrestling "Yes"?
  15. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    17 Jul '07 16:56
    Originally posted by 8D

How many more HR's did he hit because of the rub? 50-100 tops. Plus going of the juice probably hurt hi ...[text shortened]... ing this fact.

You are a Barry apologist. "He did Not" you say? What makes you say this? The book "Game of Shadows" links Barry to steroid use, guess what Barry said when it came out.

"Where did this info come from?"

He did not say, "Lies!"
    He did not say, "I'll sue you!"

You might need a smoking needle to prove in YOUR mind he cheated, however myself and many others do not. The only way he could have grown as he's done is if he had a thyroid problem; but he's never been diagnosed with one. The only logical conclusion is steroid and/or HGH.

You keep believing what you like, but sticking up for this cheat is an exercise in futility.

P-

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree