1. SubscriberSmookiePonline
    Lead, Follow, or..
    Saint Petersburg, FL
    Moves
    20 Jul '07 06:45
    2 knockers today for Barry, in Cubbie land.. If only Harry Carey was alive..

ERRRR's a drive!!!!

ERRR's another one!!! It could be, it might be it is!!!

2 left to break the record.
  2. CA, USA
    Moves
    20 Jul '07 08:39
    Originally posted by rwingett
    Ty Cobb was a selfish and surly individual as well. He also has the highest batting average in Baseball history, at .367, and is regarded as one of the greatest players of all time. So whether you 'like' Bonds or not is completely irrelevant. He is still the greatest player of our era.
    I agree .. and i'm a Tiger fan

.. and like Cobb, Bonds is a great player, and a poor human being.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Jul '07 13:23
    but the difference between Cobb and Bonds is Bonds was indicted for cheating and there is tremendous circumstancial evidence of cheating.
  4. Standard memberslimjim
    Death from Above
    El Paso, TX
    Moves
    21 Jul '07 05:52
    I don't want him to break it.
  5. CA, USA
    Moves
    21 Jul '07 12:53
    Who wants Barry to break his leg?

... a little karma anyone?
  6. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    21 Jul '07 13:55
    If I was Barry, after I hit homerun no. 754, my homerun trot would take me around the bases, into the dugout, through the clubhouse, out to the parking lot, into my car, and home. I'd retire at that point and tell everyone they could kiss my 'behind'. I'd leave Aaron's precious record intact, knowing that the only reason I didn't break it was because I chose not to. Yeah, that's what I'd do.
  7. Standard memberChaswray
    NUTTING BUSTER
    Baseball Purgatory
    Moves
    21 Jul '07 14:05
    Originally posted by leepound
    but the difference between Cobb and Bonds is Bonds was indicted for cheating and there is tremendous circumstancial evidence of cheating.
    Uhh, Bonds has NOT been indicted, and, if and when he is, it will be for perjury and tax evasion.
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Jul '07 04:08
    He wasn't indicted (yet) but (1) he did have a book written by a journalist detailing his use. (2) You'd have to blind to think his body type didn't completely change (confirming what is in the book). (3) He has players such as Garry Sheffield saying he got the stuff from him and Balco records tying him to a supplier like Victor Conte. (4) Bonds says he used stuff just did not know they were steriods. (5) His game changed from a speedy leadoff type hitter who used to win golden gloves to a power hitter. His numbers exploded when his contemporaries normally have significant drop in production. So lets ignore the fact that he's selfish offensive jerk and if you have to determine whether Bonds did or did not cheat, I'm not sure what else you would want to know.
  9. Standard memberChaswray
    NUTTING BUSTER
    Baseball Purgatory
    Moves
    23 Jul '07 11:23
    I won't argue that he used steroids. So have many other players of the era! Can you say Sosa, Mcqwire, Canseco, Palmero to name a few.

Oh and wasn't it just great when Sosa and Mcqwire where chasing the Maris record? MLB just loved it, putting fans in the seats at a record pace. But Bonds? Bonds is a criminal huh? Kind of two-faced if you ask me. Mr Mcqwire even went before the grand jury and vowed, in a tearful voice, that the children would know the dangers of steroid use. Hasn't said a damn word since.

And for the record, I'm not a Bonds fan since he took the money and ran from my beloved Pirates many years ago!!!
  10. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    23 Jul '07 13:14
    Originally posted by Chaswray
    I won't argue that he used steroids. So have many other players of the era! Can you say Sosa, Mcqwire, Canseco, Palmero to name a few.

Oh and wasn't it just great when Sosa and Mcqwire where chasing the Maris record? MLB just loved it, putting fans in the seats at a record pace. But Bonds? Bonds is a criminal huh? Kind of two-faced if you ask me. Mr Mcq ...[text shortened]... 'm not a Bonds fan since he took the money and ran from my beloved Pirates many years ago!!!
    Many were very naive about the use of steroids when McGuire and Sosa were going off at the place. Were it to be happening now, there would be just as big an uproar.

I'm actually surprised I was also duped, considering I knew at least 2 friends in high school on the wrestling team who did a couple cycles of steroids as long ago as about 1986.

Just because others used steroids doesn't mean I need to sit around and let Barroid off the hook. In the court of public opinion, he's guilty as you get. In my mind, and the mind of many others there will always be an asterisk next to his record.

His head is HUGE! Here is an image I didn't tamper with at all.

http://www.rhp15.com/pictures/Barroid.gif

P-
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Jul '07 15:09
    Originally posted by Chaswray

Oh and wasn't it just great when Sosa and Mcqwire where chasing the Maris record? MLB just loved it, putting fans in the seats at a record pace. But Bonds? Bonds is a criminal huh? Kind of two-faced if you ask me. Mr Mcq ...[text shortened]... 'm not a Bonds fan since he took the money and ran from my beloved Pirates many years ago!!!
    If your argument is that Bonds is isn't the only disgrace then I must agree. Although his ties to Balco are greater than Sosa (but Sosa has a corked bat incident), he certainly has dishonorable company. I wouldn't honor Sosa, McGwire or Palmero either and I would use all of them as strong examples of how you can put up crazy good numbers by cheating.
  12. SubscriberSmookiePonline
    Lead, Follow, or..
    Saint Petersburg, FL
    Moves
    28 Jul '07 10:08
    Barry Bonds hit a long drive tonite against the Marlins!!!!

Going, going, gone.

One more to tie.
  13. Joined
    03 Aug '06
    Moves
    03 Aug '07 13:39
    Originally posted by darvlay
    Is that a "Yes" like they test for steroids in professional wrestling "Yes"?
    no they do test

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree