1. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    28 Nov '06 23:10
    Originally posted by Falco Lombardi
    Maybe Oregon State isn't good. Maybe USC is weak and Michigan deserves a shot at the title.
    Well they beat Ball State by 8, so they probably should be playing in the NFL.
  2. over there
    Moves
    28 Nov '06 23:39
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Well they beat Ball State by 8, so they probably should be playing in the NFL.
    Michigan's 3rd string beat Ball St. by 8. And if Michigan is so weak, why did they blowout Notre Dame at South Bend?
  3. Standard memberRed Night
    RHP Prophet
    pursuing happiness
    Moves
    29 Nov '06 00:21
    The thickness of people's heads in this thread is utterly amazing.
    Indeed!
  4. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    29 Nov '06 01:34
    Michigan's 3rd string beat Ball St. by 8. And if Michigan is so weak, why did they blowout Notre Dame at South Bend?
    Baloney. Better check the box score; Henne played the whole game and Hart had over 150 yards rushing. And Ball State scored to cut the lead to 8 with 8:45 left! No one said Michigan is weak, but you're ignoring a lot of information to inflate their acheivements this year.
  5. over there
    Moves
    29 Nov '06 22:05
    But yet they almost beat Ohio State the #1 team on the country at Ohio!?
  6. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    29 Nov '06 22:37
    But yet they almost beat Ohio State the #1 team on the country at Ohio!?
    Yes, they "almost" did. Now it's time for someone else to get a chance to actually beat them, not "almost" do so.
  7. over there
    Moves
    29 Nov '06 22:41
    Yes, they "almost" did. Now it's time for someone else to get a chance to actually beat them, not "almost" do so.
    Michigan can beat Ohio State. Things just didn't go their way, that's all. It was a good game nonetheless. So explain to me how this team that barely manages to beat Ball St. can do this well against Ohio State. Don't say anything like "they got lucky." If Michigan just got lucky against Ohio State, then did Oregon State just get lucky against USC? You keep insisting that Oregon St. is good and that Boise State beat them so they should be in the national championship game.
  8. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    29 Nov '06 22:51
    Michigan can beat Ohio State. Things just didn't go their way, that's all. It was a good game nonetheless. So explain to me how this team that barely manages to beat Ball St. can do this well against Ohio State. Don't say anything like "they got lucky." If Michigan just got lucky against Ohio State, then did Oregon State just get lucky against USC? Yo ...[text shortened]... is good and that Boise State beat them so they should be in the national championship game.
    You'd do better not trying to put words in other people's mouths. I didn't say a goddamn thing about "luck". I will say that loudmouths like you who think you can say for certain the results of upcoming games i.e. "OSU will kill USC" are consistently shown to be wrong. No one thought Ball State would be in the game against Michigan but they were. You and the "experts" here don't think Boise could give OSU a game either. But it's quite possible you don't know what you're talking about. And please try reading ALL my reasons why Boise should be in the championship game; this is the second time one of you twits mischaracterized my arguments. Learn how to read.
  9. Joined
    18 Apr '04
    Moves
    29 Nov '06 23:12
    Any team can beat any other team in any sporting event on any given day. In a Boise State vs OSU game, ALL the pressure would be on OSU. Like big companies, big colleges try lock up all the big purses and try to lock up all the best talent. But eventually you have to run the race or play the game and then anything can happen. Statistics never apply to individuals, not individual humans, horses or games. I'd like to see Boise State play OSU. At anything above 50 to 1 I'd consider Boise Stae an overlay and place a bet. But, of course, the big colleges, like the big companies, aren't going to let a Boise State vs OSU game happen. But hey, it's only football. Maybe the players at Boise State actually get a college education, even if they can't get a shot at a national title.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree