1. Joined
    05 Sep '08
    Moves
    06 Sep '21 16:40
    @mchill said
    To make believe that they sucked every year is just ridiculous.

I wasn't "make believing" anything at all. If you'll take another glance at my post I said "with the exception of a few teams in the 90's..." Please try to look at something besides your stats.

Reading comprehension is a challenge for you isn't it?
    Is 2001 when the Mariners had the best record EVER a bad year? It wasn't in the 90s either. My reading comprehension isn't the problem here. Your understanding facts is.
  2. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    08 Sep '21 19:10
    Reading through this thread,one comment stands out to me,the comment about "only caring about profits"
    I'm afraid that is a fact of most modern sport now "although not caring about winning " is not true as the two go hand in hand.
    A question:-
    In all major league sports every year you see lots of players moving from club to club for ridiculous sums of money."Contracts" for the most part can be negotiated out of.
    Do we think these individuals have any loyalty to the clubs they play for, or is it ALL about what salaries they can demand?
  3. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    12 Sep '21 14:56
    @ogb said
    exactly correct..the same can be said for Golf !
    Golf seems to be picking up here since the Pandemic, distance can be kept and lots of fresh air.

-VR
  4. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    24 Sep '21 19:05
    The game I watched over the last 2 nights(I record Mlb whenever the Giants are showing)betweeen the Giants and the Pardres was the most entertaining game I've seen in a while.
    More games like that and I predict Mlb will not die
  5. Joined
    06 Nov '15
    Moves
    28 Sep '21 09:31
    @mchill said
    Though I prefer to write about inspirational topics, I feel after nearly a half century of watching one MLB team wallow in mediocrity, it’s time to speak up. MLB is slowly slipping into irreverence, due to many factors, the example below is the biggest one, and applies to the majority of MLB teams:

I’ve lived in the Pacific Northwest my whole life, and love sports. I hav ...[text shortened]... r owners are soon expected to issue a statement that “they have some great young talent coming up”….
    Don't look now, but the Mariners are on the cusp of a Wildcard berth into the Playoffs.

Oooops! Did I jinx it?

So sorry.

Signed,
    Not a Cleveland "Guardian" Fan

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree