1. SubscriberSmookiePonline
    Lead, Follow, or..
    Saint Petersburg, FL
    Moves
    23 Dec '08 14:27
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    When I was a kid my HOUSE WAS ON FIRE! The New England Patriots where riding by in their buss and rushed in to save my LIFE... as well as my dog.

Just thought I'd throw that out there.

P-
    Ya got any leftover Xanax?
  2. Standard memberChaswray
    NUTTING BUSTER
    Baseball Purgatory
    Moves
    23 Dec '08 14:43
    When I was a kid my HOUSE WAS ON FIRE! The New England Patriots where riding by in their buss and rushed in to save my LIFE... as well as my dog.

P-
    Did the Pats videotape the fire men's signals?πŸ˜›
  3. Joined
    27 Mar '05
    Moves
    25 Dec '08 13:192 edits
    Originally posted by Chaswray
    OMG, that's terrible news, whatever will the conspiracy theorists come up with now?
    Given the game times, here's what will now happen... pretty simple, actually.

The Patriots will beat Buffalo in the early game. No problem there.

Knowing that the Patriots have won, the Jets will then contact the Ravens (who host Jacksonville).

The Jets, who would like to know the result of the Jax-Baltimore game prior to the conclusion of their game against the Dolphins, will tell the Ravens, "look guys, we don't care if you win or lose your game. Just make sure that: "
    1) You run the ball on EVERY play (thereby minimizing stoppages of the clock and speeding up the game)
    2) Do NOT take ANY time outs, and under NO CIRCUMSTANCES are you to challenge a call
    3) If a Ravens player becomes injured, he is to stay on the field until a change of possession (again, minimizing clock stoppages)
    4) You are not to commit any penalties, which also slow the game down
    4) And, most importantly, NO OVERTIME!!! Make sure you decide your game in 60 minutes.

Meanwhile, the Jets DO use their time outs and challenges, dragging out the game as much as possible. They'll probably even commit a few penalties to ensure the game takes as long as possible to reach the latter stages of the 4th quarter.

Now, knowing the result of the Ravens-Jags game, the Jets can then proceed accordingly:

1) If the Ravens win, then the Jets can tank the game, allowing Miami to slip into the playoffs and knocking New England out.

2) If Jacksonville wins, then the winner of the Jets/Dolphins game will play New England in the Wild Card game (Dolphins would host the Patriots, the Jets would travel to New England)

Woah, wait a minute...if the Ravens lose, and the Jets win, then Mangini has to go to New England to face the Patriots.

Wow, I don't think he wants to do that.

ok, NEW theory.

Mangini will tank the game.

That way, if the Ravens win, New England is out, and Mangini will have his revenge.

And if the Ravens lose to the Jags, New England has to travel to Miami.

Either way, Mangini doesn't have to face his old boss.

Plus, he can make it look natural, by simply having Favre throw a few key 4th quarter interceptions. No one would be suspicious of that! In fact, he wouldn't even have to tell Favre to do it. Favre would do it naturally!

And you thought we couldn't come up with anything! πŸ™‚
  4. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    25 Dec '08 13:29
    Originally posted by TheBloop
    Given the game times, here's what will now happen... pretty simple, actually.

The Patriots will beat Buffalo in the early game. No problem there.

Knowing that the Patriots have won, the Jets will then contact the Ravens (who host Jacksonville).

The Jets, who would like to know the result of the Jax-Baltimore game prior to the conclusion of their ga ...[text shortened]... e would do it naturally!

And you thought we couldn't come up with anything! πŸ™‚
    Good point; there's no possible way a Mangini coached Jet team could win in New England!

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/gameTrax?gameId=20081113017
  5. Standard memberChaswray
    NUTTING BUSTER
    Baseball Purgatory
    Moves
    25 Dec '08 14:07
    [

And you thought we couldn't come up with anything! πŸ™‚[/b]
    Thanks for clarifying thatπŸ˜²πŸ™„
  6. Joined
    27 Mar '05
    Moves
    29 Dec '08 00:54
    ...Either way, Mangini doesn't have to face his old boss.

Plus, he can make it look natural, by simply having Favre throw a few key 4th quarter interceptions. No one would be suspicious of that! In fact, he wouldn't even have to tell Favre to do it. Favre would do it naturally!...
    Hate to say I told you guys, but...

OK, I said "a few" 4th quarter interceptions... that was a little off.

With the score 21-17 Miami, Favre takes the Jets from their own 25 to the Miami 29. He'd already thrown two INTs

Suddenly...BAM... there it is... a third interception...as if on cue.

Season over.
  7. Joined
    27 Mar '05
    Moves
    29 Dec '08 00:54
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Good point; there's no possible way a Mangini coached Jet team could win in New England!

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/gameTrax?gameId=20081113017
    Yeah, let me know when Mangini wins a game that means anything.
  8. SubscriberSmookiePonline
    Lead, Follow, or..
    Saint Petersburg, FL
    Moves
    29 Dec '08 07:47
    Knowing the Jets, they'll can him in a New York minute. You may be waiting a long long time..
  9. Joined
    27 Mar '05
    Moves
    29 Dec '08 10:31
    Originally posted by SmookieP
    Knowing the Jets, they'll can him in a New York minute. You may be waiting a long long time..
    Very true!
  10. Standard memberChaswray
    NUTTING BUSTER
    Baseball Purgatory
    Moves
    29 Dec '08 10:37
    BTW, can the "Conspiracy Theorists" clue me in on how Jacksonville threw the game, also keeping their beloved Patriots out of the Wild Card:'(πŸ˜›
  11. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    29 Dec '08 13:43
    Mangini's win in that game means the Pats get to watch the playoffs on TV. Is that "anything"?
  12. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    29 Dec '08 15:17
    Mangini's win in that game means the Pats get to watch the playoffs on TV. Is that "anything"?
    If Mangini won, Pats go to playoffs.

Mangini lost, and is out a job now.

He may have been either way? I don't know.

P-
  13. Joined
    27 Mar '05
    Moves
    31 Dec '08 11:23
    Not to Mangini it isn't.

Brady went down in the first quarter of week 1. It was questionable whether the Patriots would make the playoffs this year anyway. I said at the time that I thought they had a very good shot at it, because their schedule looked pretty easy, especially compared to last year's schedule (they played the NFC West this year instead of the East, which they played last season). I'm not a Patriots fan, I'm a Steelers fan from way back... but I like watching the Pats play. I "predicted" 10 wins for them this year after Brady went down, but thought they'd be borderline playoffs in what I thought was a loaded AFC.

One could also say that losing to Miami at home was what killed them,
    since they lost in a tie-breaker.

Plus, I thought they might spit their games with the Jets this year, with Brady being out and Favre going to the Jets. What I didn't expect was for each team to win in the other guys' place. The circumstances of Brady and Favre changed the complexion of the division this year.

We'll have a few unexpected playoff appearances this year from teams that few people expected to be there. It's incredible what Miami has done.

At any rate, hope everyone enjoys the playoffs... this season just went by so fast!
  14. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    31 Dec '08 15:00

P-
    Those rotten bastards!!! πŸ˜›πŸ˜‰
  15. Joined
    19 Sep '06
    Moves
    03 Jan '09 04:08
    Originally posted by Chaswray
    BTW, can the "Conspiracy Theorists" clue me in on how Jacksonville threw the game, also keeping their beloved Patriots out of the Wild Card:'(πŸ˜›
    Funny, they just ignored your post.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree