Alcaraz (Paraguay)
    F. Coentrão (Portugal)
    Schweinsteiger (Germany)
    Sneijder (Netherlands)
    Ozil (Germany)
    Forlán (Uruguay)
    Messi (Argentina)
    Villa (Spain)
    I don't think Kingson was that good really. Made some good saves, but the freekick goal he suffered in the quarters was a bit of a blunder.

I'll go for Eduardo for the amazing performance in the Spain game.

Best RB is Lahm in my opinion, left Coentrão, he really surprised me. Centre backs I'm not really sure so I'll go for Lucio and select another left back: Boateng. As for midfielders, Sneijder, Schweinsteiger and Xabi. Attackers, Kuit, Muller and Villa have been very impressive.
  4. Joined
    09 Jun '04
    Moves
    03 Jul '10 15:56
    Neuer
    Lahm
    Mertesacker
    Boateng
    Friedrich
    Schweinsteiger
    Khedira
    Muller
    Ozil
    Podolski
    Klose
  5. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    03 Jul '10 16:07
    Neuer-Casillas-Eduardo
    Friedrich
    Lucio
    Lahm
    Pique
    Capdevilla
    Ramos
    Xavi
    Schweinsteiger
    Ozil
    Snjeider
    Klose
    Villa
    Suarez
    Forlan
    Muller
  6. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    03 Jul '10 18:14
    Originally posted by scacchipazzo
    Neuer-Casillas-Eduardo
    Friedrich
    Lucio
    Lahm
    Pique
    Capdevilla
    Ramos
    Xavi
    Schweinsteiger
    Ozil
    Snjeider
    Klose
    Villa
    Suarez
    Forlan
    Muller
    You're sure to win every game with that team!
  7. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    03 Jul '10 20:361 edit
    Originally posted by Palynka
    You're sure to win every game with that team!
    Don't you miss the versus rest of the world games we don't see any longer?
    Dream team to salivate for. Eduardo is a dream GK indeed. All the rest would work well together. Dilemma is of the GK's who to start. Casillas was wonderful in 2nd half of last QF! Villa is sure a stud striker!

My bench would include Puyol, Van Persie, Ronaldo, Lampard, Maicon, Elano, Robihno.
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    03 Jul '10 21:17
    I couldn't argue with most of these lists, clearly some heroes are emerging. My top players would be:

Muller (Germany)
    Klose (Germany)
    Oezil (Germany)
    Villa (Span)
    Forlan (Uruguay)
    Robben (Holland)
    Maicon (Brazil)
    Carvalho (Portugal)

Controversial ones would be to include:
    Ashley Cole (England)

And leave out Messi (Argentina)
  9. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    03 Jul '10 22:09
    Don't you miss the versus rest of the world games we don't see any longer?
    Dream team to salivate for. Eduardo is a dream GK indeed. All the rest would work well together. Dilemma is of the GK's who to start. Casillas was wonderful in 2nd half of last QF! Villa is sure a stud striker!

My bench would include Puyol, Van Persie, Ronaldo, Lampard, Maicon, Elano, Robihno.
    I was joking about the fact you had more than 11 players. 😉
  10. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    03 Jul '10 22:551 edit
    Originally posted by Palynka
    I was joking about the fact you had more than 11 players. 😉
    I thought you were serious because I wld not play three GK's. But since you insist. I forgot to inlcude Carvahlo. Wouldn't we all love to play more than 11. At least soccer should adopt a line sub system like hockey's. Let players take a breather.

What we really need is a behind the goal line ref and linesmen on both sides at all times to avoid tight offisde mistakes.
  11. Joined
    09 Jun '04
    Moves
    03 Jul '10 22:57
    I thought you were serious because I wld not play three GK's. But since you insist. I forgot to inlcude Carvahlo. Wouldn't we all love to play more than 11. At least soccer should adopt a line sub system like hockey's. Let players take a breather.
    Why do so many people want to change football to make it more like another sport? Hockey, American Football, Rugby, Baskethoops, etc. What next? Tennis?
  12. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    03 Jul '10 22:59
    Originally posted by hopscotch
    Why do so many people want to change football to make it more like another sport? Hockey, American Football, Rugby, Baskethoops, etc. What next? Tennis?
    Because sports evolve. None of the suggested rule changes are nefarious to the sport. Soccer has already adopted some rules changes like the ball being put back to keeper only via header, red for last man impeding goal through foul, etc. Why not other rules changes?
  13. Joined
    09 Jun '04
    Moves
    03 Jul '10 23:01
    Because sports evolve. None of the suggested rule changes are nefarious to the sport. Soccer has already adopted some rules changes like the ball being put back to keeper only via header, red for last man impeding goal through foul, etc. Why not other rules changes?
    Why not go ahead and invent your own sport?
  14. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    03 Jul '10 23:48
    Why not go ahead and invent your own sport?
    Soccer is a great sport in need of reform, that's why. Do you like a player missing the next game, a semi no less, because of a phantom yellow as Germany's Muller? If soccer is so sacrosanct, why is FIFA considering suspending Suarez for two games and not just one? I am not suggesting major change, just a tweak here or there. You agree replay might have assisted England, don't you? Post game dive review is another dearly needed change. Replay would have avoided us the sorry French and given us Ireland. That alone would have made the cup more interesting. The essentials of the sport would all remain the same. In the NFL the game is tweaked every season and it does not detract from the enjoyment of the sport and cetainly enhances it. While we're at it. This WC has thus far the fewest goals scored of any cup. NFL makes changes to favor offense. Soccer could do the same. Limit defensive players in the box is one idea. Get rid of any but the most blatant offside or give offense benefit of doubt. Add six inches on each side of goal and raise cross bar six inches. Many such changes would improve scoring and spare us the snoozer 0-0 draws.
  15. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    04 Jul '10 05:02

Why not make critical and timely improvements? You buy footy stasis, you'd buy anything.

You're losing context in your rush to judgement. Your mind, Hops. Open and ventilate it.

..................................................................................

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree