World Cup Final. Holland - Brazil

World Cup Final. Holland - Brazil

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

o
Art is hard

Moves
02 Jul 10

Originally posted by KazetNagorra
Too bad. It would be quite hilarious if Uruguay, who are hot favourite to win the other match, beat Holland through a Suarez goal.
I wouldn't be surprised at all, actually, if Netherlands start that game very nonchalantly.

V
King of the Ring-er

Moves
02 Jul 10

I know almost every player from every country dives, but Robben is truly awful at it. How he stayed on the pitch i don't know.

I had to laugh when he jumped about 5 feet in the air after almost getting touched, and then proceeded to roll around as if he had a broken leg for 5 minutes! Must have been a tough landing.

They did score from the resulting free kick though, so I suppose diving does work.

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
02 Jul 10
1 edit

Originally posted by orion25
The same can be said about Brazil though. That first left back could have received about 5 yellow cards. The intensity of Brazil's kicks only added as they collapsed mentally.

And Brazil, unlike the dutch, have been doing this (though not as hard as in this game) for the whole tournament, so they can't really complain.
I see some Dutch continue as delusional as before.

h

Moves
02 Jul 10

Originally posted by Palynka
I see some Dutch continue as delusional as before.
Bastos' second yellow was coming through on an express train for the way he was continually fouling Robben, but then Dunga cleverly subbed him out.

h

Moves
02 Jul 10

Originally posted by Virtue76
I know almost every player from every country dives, but Robben is truly awful at it. How he stayed on the pitch i don't know.

I had to laugh when he jumped about 5 feet in the air after almost getting touched, and then proceeded to roll around as if he had a broken leg for 5 minutes! Must have been a tough landing.

They did score from the resulting free kick though, so I suppose diving does work.
I didn't see Robben dive.

He jumped over a wild tackle to save himself serious injury but he didn't roll around on the pitch for 5 minutes after he landed. What game were you watching?

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
02 Jul 10
2 edits

Originally posted by hopscotch
Bastos' second yellow was coming through on an express train for the way he was continually fouling Robben, but then Dunga cleverly subbed him out.
Sure, but if it was coming on the same train as Van Bommel's first then it would never have had arrived. The cynical fouling on Brazilian players was ridiculous. Most fouls to the back of the ankle. Very poor form, IMO.

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
02 Jul 10

I didn't see Robben dive.

He jumped over a wild tackle to save himself serious injury but he didn't roll around on the pitch for 5 minutes after he landed. What game were you watching?
Haha. You've got to be kidding me.

K

Germany

Moves
02 Jul 10

I don't get it. Why is that hilarious?
He plays for a Dutch team. If Uruguay beats the Netherlands, Suarez is going to get a lot of flak for it, knowing the not-so-educated football fans.

h

Moves
02 Jul 10

Haha. You've got to be kidding me.
No. Seriously. What point in the game are you referring to?

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
02 Jul 10
1 edit

No. Seriously. What point in the game are you referring to?
I think it was the foul right before the goal.

h

Moves
02 Jul 10

I think ti was the foul right before the goal.
Well, because it's coming from you, I'll have to look at it again closely. I didn't see it that way the first time. Or I might be mixing up the fouls against Robben. Would've noticed a dive though, especially from Robben.

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
02 Jul 10
1 edit

Well, because it's coming from you, I'll have to look at it again closely. I didn't see it that way the first time. Or I might be mixing up the fouls against Robben. Would've noticed a dive though, especially from Robben.
If I remember correctly, it was a rash tackle by Bastos and he jumped (not really a dive, but there was no touch) but then rolled for a while on the ground pretending he was hurt. He probably knew Bastos had a yellow and was looking for the red.

Still, Brazil lost because they tanked mentally after suffering a fluke goal but kudos for the Oranje for being able to take advantage of that. In the end, they should even have scored a third but they can be so damn clumsy sometimes. They're in an amazing position to reach the final now.

o
Art is hard

Moves
02 Jul 10

palynka, you seem strangely one sided in your analysis. I will be the first to admit we played a dirty game. I will also admit that some players rolled around for to long after being fouled. But saying the arbiter was favouring Holland is just silly and bad loosing.

In the first 5 minutes I saw 3 hard fouls by brazilian players. 2 should have been yellow. I also saw a dive by our right back in the middle of the pitch, for which he received a yellow. I saw a dive by Kaka later about which the arbiter said nothing.

Nope palynka, you can't blame the ref. for the result, but only the heat-headed brazilians who couldn't take a blunder by the goalie. Also we were awesome in the second half.

p

Moves
02 Jul 10

Originally posted by trev33
0-0 or 1-1, extra time - pens and bye bye heineken 😛
numbnuts ...2-1 to Holland

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
02 Jul 10
1 edit

Two GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!~