Worst football team for a manager

Worst football team for a manager

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

E
YNWA

Moves
11 Jan 08

Given Newcastle's revisited predilection for giving the boss the boot, I thought it would be interesting to look at other teams that just can't help shooting themselves in the foot and thinking the grass is forever greener if they had 'him', no 'him', wait - HIM! etc.

What about Leicester City FC:

Little 91 - 94
McGhee 94 - 95
ONeill 95 - 00
Taylor 00 - 02
Adams 02 - 04
Levin 04 - 05
Kelly 05 - 07
Worthington 07 - 07
Allen 07 - 07
Megson 07 - 07
Burrows 07 - 07
Holloway 07 -

Seeing as Holloway's record so far is: WDLDLLLDWDLL, I'm thinking this list won't stop growing any time soon.

Sais

Berks.

Moves
11 Jan 08

Leroy Rosenior managed 10 minutes at Torquay, the revolving door at Leicester can't even go that fast.

Only 1 F in Uckfield

Buxted UK

Moves
11 Jan 08

Originally posted by ElleEffSeee
Given Newcastle's revisited predilection for giving the boss the boot, I thought it would be interesting to look at other teams that just can't help shooting themselves in the foot and thinking the grass is forever greener if they had 'him', no 'him', wait - HIM! etc.

What about Leicester City FC:

Little 91 - 94
McGhee 94 - 95
ONeill ...[text shortened]... ecord so far is: WDLDLLLDWDLL, I'm thinking this list won't stop growing any time soon.
Read my lips

18 Dec: New Leicester boss Ian Holloway attacks reports that he's using the press to unsettle Plymouth striker Barry Hayles. 'I don't like it: it's very damaging. I was proud of what I did at Plymouth, and very proud of the Plymouth fans, so I'm not going to raid their team. I'm looking at other targets.' 1 Jan: Signs Barry Hayles for £150k. 'I'm absolutely delighted!'

Moves
11 Jan 08

r
Ginger Scum

Paranoia

Moves
11 Jan 08

I haven't got the mojo to list them all, but Hearts of Midlothian have been through plenty of managers in the last few seasons.

b

Bramall Lane

Moves
12 Jan 08

The porkers over the other side of the city from me have had a revolving door put on the managers office.... in no particular order -

Big Ron - 2 or 3 years, and when Villa showed an interest "I'm going nowhere" turned in to "Always wanted to manage them" after his move 2 weeks later!

Trevor 'Jasper Carrott' Francis - a season?

Terry Yorath - not long at all.

Danny Wilson - arrived from 'big' club Barnsley, and departed for 'big' club Bristol City!

Jimmy Jewell - arrived from 'big' club Bradford, and departed for 'big' club Wigan!

Peter Shreeves and David Pleat - both made cameo appearances.

Paul Sturrock - get promoted and then they sacked him!

Brian Laws - it's a day by day appointment...

Ha ha ha ha ha... you gotta love 'em!

b

Bramall Lane

Moves
12 Jan 08

Originally posted by blade68
The porkers over the other side of the city from me have had a revolving door put on the managers office.... in no particular order -

Big Ron - 2 or 3 years, and when Villa showed an interest "I'm going nowhere" turned in to "Always wanted to manage them" after his move 2 weeks later!

Terry Yorath - not l ...[text shortened]... aws - it's a day by day appointment...

Ooops...

Chris Turner needs slotting in there somewhere too!
He's another one that didn't last 5 minutes.

Only 1 F in Uckfield

Buxted UK

Moves
12 Jan 08

Luton Town you would have to be mad as hatter to work there.

E
YNWA

Moves
11 Feb 08

Originally posted by invigorate
Read my lips

18 Dec: New Leicester boss Ian Holloway attacks reports that he's using the press to unsettle Plymouth striker Barry Hayles. 'I don't like it: it's very damaging. I was proud of what I did at Plymouth, and very proud of the Plymouth fans, so I'm not going to raid their team. I'm looking at other targets.' 1 Jan: Signs Barry Hayles for £150k. 'I'm absolutely delighted!'
More shady-ness from Holloway re Plymouth:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/p/plymouth_argyle/7232135.stm

Sat 9 Feb: Leicester 0 - Plymouth 1

Ouch!

😵

s

England

Moves
12 Feb 08

can not feel sorry for them as the sack brings in money, like sam he walks away with estermate £5,000,000 if we get the sack you would be lucky to get a reference
Its said that the highest earners in mangement are the out of work due to the pay offs

E
YNWA

Moves
14 Feb 08

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/l/leicester_city/7244895.stm

Leicester boss Ian Holloway has hit back at suggestions his job could be in danger after a series of poor results.

Some newspapers claimed Foxes chairman Milan Mandaric was considering hiring his fifth manager in 12 months as the team slid closer to the drop zone.

But Holloway told BBC Sport: "Isn't it amazing? We lose a couple of games and everyone's got Milan swinging the axe."

Can anyone spot the quote where Ian is being a little creative with the truth?

w

Moves
23 Feb 08

Originally posted by blade68

Terry Yorath - not l ...[text shortened]... aws - it's a day by day appointment...

Paul Sturrock - get promoted and then they sacked him!
that 1 was truly amazing😕

RN
RHP Prophet

pursuing happiness

Moves
24 Feb 08

England

n
I Drank What? ©

I'm With Stupid

Moves
24 Feb 08

The Atlanta Falcons

Dave

wait...is this about soccer?

s

6yd box

Moves
24 Feb 08

Originally posted by invigorate
Luton Town you would have to be mad as hatter to work there.
the old ones are still the best!!!