1. Joined
    07 Jun '05
    Moves
    09 Jun '05 21:32
    Originally posted by Gatecrasher
    [b]Well so far, it's handbellringerdude and Rookieboy. All other posters are subscribers and not invited. There's an element of King Canute here, but we'll wait and see.. with bated breath... NOT.
    Everyone, including subscribers, is invited.
    So far:
    Definitely in:
    handbellringerdude
    Rookieboy
    Coconut (signed up elsewhere)
    Maybe in:
    angie88
    Aiko
    Doubtfully in:
    Gatecrasher
    awol
    Definitely not in:
    Ravello

If you are in the "maybe in" or "doubtfully in" categories, then you need to confirm whether you are in or not. It is not too late to join or leave.

As for time controls, 7/7 will be used as a default if players cannot come to an immediate consensus. Otherwise, I don't mind you setting your own time controls.
  2. Standard memberRavello
    The Rude©
    who knows?
    Moves
    10 Jun '05 00:33
    Originally posted by handbellringerdude
    So far:
    Definitely in:
    handbellringerdude
    Rookieboy
    Maybe in:
    angie88
    Aiko
    Doubtfully in:
    Gatecrasher
    awol
    Definitely not in:
    Ravello.
    What made you thought that I'd join your stupid tournament when I can join plenty official ones?

..........and wasn't the tournament only for non-subscribers?

Oh and explain the difference between "maybe in" and "doubtfully in".........

Subscribe you parasite!

3. Earth Prime
    Moves
    10 Jun '05 00:38
    Originally posted by Ravello
    What made you thought that I'd join your stupid tournament when I can join plenty official ones?

..........and wasn't the tournament only for non-subscribers?

Oh and explain the difference between "maybe in" and "doubtfully in".........

Subscribe you parasite!

shut up
  4. Standard memberRavello
    The Rude©
    who knows?
    Moves
    10 Jun '05 00:54

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

5. Standard memberawol
    GOOD GUY
    Moves
    10 Jun '05 04:43
    I'm out i can play in real tournements. You do what you have to do but i'm with Ravello.
  6. Standard memberskeeter
    515 + 30 days
    Account suspended
    Moves
    10 Jun '05 08:16
    Originally posted by awol
    I'm out i can play in real tournements. You do what you have to do but i'm with Ravello.
    Yep. I'm with Rav as well. It's our sub dollars that allow non subs to play, post and generally freeload. Now they are attempting to run their own tourney's on the back of the site's generosity.

Next time Russ pleads poverty, given his apparent acceptance of this conduct, rest assured, I'll be bringing this little episode up, in spades.

skeeter
  7. Standard memberflexmore
    Quack Quack Quack !
    Chesstralia
    Moves
    10 Jun '05 09:56
    Originally posted by skeeter
    Yep. I'm with Rav as well. It's our sub dollars that allow non subs to play, post and generally freeload. Now they are attempting to run their own tourney's on the back of the site's generosity.

Next time Russ pleads poverty, given his apparent acceptance of this conduct, rest assured, I'll be bringing this little episode up, in spades.

skeeter
    skeeter ... how NICE of you!!!!!

have you nearly turned a leaf over?
  8. omnipresent
    Moves
    10 Jun '05 13:14
    Originally posted by handbellringerdude
    So far:
    Definitely in:
    handbellringerdude
    Rookieboy
    Maybe in:
    angie88
    Aiko
    Doubtfully in:
    Gatecrasher
    awol
    Definitely not in:
    Ravello

If you are in the "maybe i ...[text shortened]... ot come to an immediate consensus. Otherwise, I don't mind you setting your own time controls.
    count me out.
  9. Standard memberorfeo
    Paralysed analyst
    On a ship of fools
    Moves
    10 Jun '05 13:22
    This post is a comment, and I do NOT want to participate.

Why the hell didn't you tell people to MESSAGE you if they wanted to join? It's completely ridiculous to set up a thread like this and then try to co-opt everyone who comments on whether your idea is a good one or not. This isn't an auction house where the slightest twitch is taken to be a bid.

How do you plan on getting people to participate anyway? You need at least one person in each match who actually wants to be involved, and even if that happens (small miracle judging by the list you've developed so far) chances are half the games will be deleted in the first couple of moves.

I think it IS possible for you set up a 'tournament' amongst people if you want to, but this is definitely not the way to go about it.
  10. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    11 Jun '05 02:05
    Originally posted by orfeo
    This post is a comment, and I do NOT want to participate.

Why the hell didn't you tell people to MESSAGE you if they wanted to join? It's completely ridiculous to set up a thread like this and then try to co-opt everyone who comments on whether your idea is a good one or not. This isn't an auction house where the slightest twitch is taken to be a bid.
    ...[text shortened]... 'tournament' amongst people if you want to, but this is definitely not the way to go about it.
    I was thinking the same thing. What if a bunch of people are part of the tournament but delete all games sent to them as part of it. What happens then?

Feel free to include me in your tournament at your own risk.
  11. Joined
    01 Jul '04
    Moves
    11 Jun '05 02:07
    ????
    wow is it really that hard to fork over 20 bucks???
    I mean, if you can afford a computer,....

But people are stingy that way. Easy to buy 2000 dollor computer, but 20 dollors strain your budget.

that's really a pity....
  12. omnipresent
    Moves
    11 Jun '05 11:00
    Originally posted by abejnood
    ????

But people are stingy that way. Easy to buy 2000 dollor computer, but 20 dollors strain your budget.

that's really a pity....
    reminds me.... we haven't had one of those "There's no possible way I can subscribe, please pay for me"-threads in a long time 😉
  13. Earth Prime
    Moves
    11 Jun '05 23:14
    Originally posted by abejnood
    ????

that's really a pity....
    it's $30. Not a big deal but if you're going to be on someone's ass, might as well have it right.
  14. Standard memberfierytorment
    Mr. Flame of Fury
    Winona Lake
    Moves
    11 Jun '05 23:26
    yes, agreed that there is a better way to set up a non-subscriber tourney. Also, feel that 30 bucks is not a whole lot to offer to get full privilages. But you also have to remember that some people aren't in the same situations that you and I are in. Don't be a jerk to him.... he just wants some competiton thats it.
  15. Standard memberfierytorment
    Mr. Flame of Fury
    Winona Lake
    Moves
    12 Jun '05 00:18
    Also, this kind of attitude towards non-subscribers in the forums doesn't help our subscription rate by any means. If they are getting treated like trash in the forums, why the hell would they want to subscribe? So they can pay for the opportunity to be ripped to shreds?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree