1st Unnofficial Tournament!

1st Unnofficial Tournament!

Tournaments

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

a

Moves
12 Jun 05

Originally posted by fierytorment
Also, this kind of attitude towards non-subscribers in the forums doesn't help our subscription rate by any means. If they are getting treated like trash in the forums, why the hell would they want to subscribe? So they can pay for the opportunity to be ripped to shreds?
I am not treating anyone as below me or as trash: I am merely expressing my surprise that one can buy a computer, but can't subscirbe. I understand that there are those less fortunate than me, but where did they come up with a computer?

Can anyone answer that question for me?

f
Mr. Flame of Fury

Winona Lake

Moves
12 Jun 05

What about the people who have no computers at home and can only use those @ work? Not everyone has home computers......

I'm just pointing out that fact

a

Moves
12 Jun 05

What about the people who have no computers at home and can only use those @ work? Not everyone has home computers......

I'm just pointing out that fact
Then they would be hosting this "tournement" of theirs in the "Chess at Work" website and not here.

If their here, that means that they are not at work, so it brings me back to what I was saying before.

f
Mr. Flame of Fury

Winona Lake

Moves
12 Jun 05

no, They can only visit this website @ work..... no computer @ home, sorry for the mix-up.

R

Moves
12 Jun 05

well for me, the reason i am not a subscriber is because i don't have a credit card. i'm too young, i did ask my parents if they could pay but they don't like giving their credit card details out over the internet. So, i have to stay as i am with just the 6 games limit etc. I understand why people are annoyed with this thread, thats fair enough. But i'm sure there are many different reasons why some people who play here, can't subscribe.

o
Paralysed analyst

On a ship of fools

Moves
12 Jun 05

Originally posted by abejnood
Then they would be hosting this "tournement" of theirs in the "Chess at Work" website and not here.

If their here, that means that they are not at work, so it brings me back to what I was saying before.
Chess at Work is just another version of the same site. You reach the same forums.

x
Incroyant

tinyurl.com/ksdwu

Moves
12 Jun 05
1 edit

Also, this kind of attitude towards non-subscribers in the forums doesn't help our subscription rate by any means. If they are getting treated like trash in the forums, why the hell would they want to subscribe? So they can pay for the opportunity to be ripped to shreds?
I have no problem with non-subscribers trying to set up a unnofficial tourny - and skirting the fact that they can't play in real ones, strike up some sieges while your at it. You might even cause a review of policy.

But don't "remind everyone that you are signing yourself up if you post here", in a forum subscribers pay for and expect not to be ripped!

f
Mr. Flame of Fury

Winona Lake

Moves
12 Jun 05

hmm, maybe non-subscribers should have their own forum perhaps

o
Paralysed analyst

On a ship of fools

Moves
13 Jun 05

hmm, maybe non-subscribers should have their own forum perhaps
Why?

The problem isn't non-subscribers in general, the problem is THIS non-subscriber.

It wouldn't matter if it was a subscriber doing something similar, we would be just as annoyed. "Hi, I'm doing x and if you comment on my idea you're doing it too."

f
Mr. Flame of Fury

Winona Lake

Moves
13 Jun 05

Let them have a forum where they can set stuff up like this, and not bother us with their rubbish. Just a suggestion

a

Moves
13 Jun 05

First they want their own tournament and now they want their own forums with no expense. These non-subscribers are expecting too much isn't it? The site is already using the subscribers's funds to support them so what more do they want?

Andy

h

Moves
13 Jun 05

Originally posted by andylau231
First they want their own tournament and now they want their own forums with no expense. These non-subscribers are expecting too much isn't it? The site is already using the subscribers's funds to support them so what more do they want?

Andy
In an effort to get you all to shut up, I will change the name of the next one. The whole idea was to allow everyone to play competitively in an organized way. You can stop posting your remarks because I don't give a d*** and will organize events like this in the future.

If you want to join future "Competitive Gatherings," you will be able to later in the chess forum area by messaging me.

Don't bother to respond to this. I really don't care.

D
A Lost Bobby

The Bermuda Triangle

Moves
13 Jun 05

Originally posted by handbellringerdude
In an effort to get you all to shut up, I will change the name of the next one. The whole idea was to allow everyone to play competitively in an organized way. You can stop posting your remarks because I don't give a d*** and will organize events like this in the future.

If you want to join future "Competitive Gatherings," you will be able ...[text shortened]... he chess forum area by messaging me.

Don't bother to respond to this. I really don't care.
If you are trying to get people to sign up to your unofficial tourney and future tourneys, you shouldn't have insulted everyone with this very rude post. You'll get more posts and responses as a result, and you've put a black mark besides your name. The tragedy is that you didn't really need to. I mean, $30 for an annual subscription, and you can enter as many tournaments as you want, play as many games as you want, and it's all organised for you. It's a no brainer.

Your claim that you don't give a damn rings hollow. Of course you give a damn, otherwise you would not have posted.

a
GOOD GUY

Moves
13 Jun 05

Well we all showed him. That was an excellent brow beating.

f

Moves
13 Jun 05

I remember when I was a nonsubcriber, I was treated like a nobody, people would tell me how cheap I was, saying I was taking up resources and not paying for it.

It seems like allot of subcribers thinks he/she is the choosen one lol,