1. Joined
    29 May '05
    Moves
    13 Jun '05 21:38
    This thread is a joke but still, the reaction to it and the general treatment to non-subscribers has made me think twice about becoming a member myself.
  2. Standard memberDOlivier2004
    A Lost Bobby
    The Bermuda Triangle
    Moves
    13 Jun '05 21:55
    Originally posted by JPRRook
    This thread is a joke but still, the reaction to it and the general treatment to non-subscribers has made me think twice about becoming a member myself.
    General treatment? Examples, please. Only a minority of people who subscribe to this site actually read and post in the forums. Some people go over the top with their posts, but the general point is still there. The posts are not representitive of all the people on this site (thankfully).

If people here tend to be hostile to non-subscribers, it is only in relation to freeloading (i.e. this thread). All of us support this site, we'd like to encourage other people to play, but there will always be people who try to take advantage of the free stuff.
  3. Joined
    22 Apr '05
    Moves
    14 Jun '05 01:47
    I agree with you D Olivier.

Andy.
  4. Joined
    02 Apr '05
    Moves
    14 Jun '05 07:05
    I am referring the the comment on flyunity made. Everyone is entitled to their opinions and besides why do you subscribe if thats the way if feel?
  5. Joined
    22 Apr '05
    Moves
    14 Jun '05 07:10
    Everyone knows generally non-subscribers are free loaders. Thats what I was before subscribing. Free games, free this, free that and etc. etc. Thats the facts so what cant everyone just accept it as it is? Leave the guy alone.😠
  6. Joined
    01 Jul '04
    Moves
    14 Jun '05 20:29
    Originally posted by JPRRook
    I'm sorry that you feel this way, and I apologize if I isulted anyone or anyone felt badly treated. However, it's really not fair to anyone if non subscribers start getting the same advantages as subscribers. After all, why should anyone subscribe if they can do the same things for free? So subscribers won't pay up for the next year, and newbies just keep on getting free stuff.

And if there are no subscribers, then how does the site get money? It'll die out! And that means thousands of people will lose the only life they have!

Think about it.
  7. Standard memberrhb
    Ginger Scum
    Paranoia
    Moves
    14 Jun '05 22:17
    Originally posted by abejnood
    I'm sorry that you feel this way, and I apologize if I isulted anyone or anyone felt badly treated. However, it's really not fair to anyone if non subscribers start getting the same advantages as subscribers. After all, why should anyone subscribe if they can do the same things for free? So subscribers won't pay up for the next year, and newbies just kee ...[text shortened]... ie out! And that means thousands of people will lose the only life they have!

Think about it.
    There is no advantage to this tournament style though... the effort involved in running it (without the support of the database functions that drive the official tournaments) would mean it would likely die a death before round 1 was finished.
  8. Joined
    21 Oct '04
    Moves
    14 Jun '05 23:57
    Originally posted by andylau231
    I am referring the the comment on flyunity made. Everyone is entitled to their opinions and besides why do you subscribe if thats the way if feel?
    subcribing on this site for me had nothing to do with the people on it,

I was just saying that I seen rude treatment to non subcribers, if free is available, then let them have it, its like when you go to a donut store, and they give you a sample, you take it, and no one says your a jerk because you took a sample without buying some. thats just the way life is, its a marketing tool
  9. Joined
    22 Apr '05
    Moves
    15 Jun '05 06:591 edit
  10. Home
    Moves
    15 Jun '05 19:081 edit
    I will play, But it the tournament starts next week I cant play, I will be out of town for the week, but would really like to play though. I don't want to hold up the games.
  11. Earth Prime
    Moves
    15 Jun '05 19:09
    Originally posted by flyUnity
    subcribing on this site for me had nothing to do with the people on it,

I was just saying that I seen rude treatment to non subcribers, if free is available, then let them have it, its like when you go to a donut store, and they give you a sample, you take it, and no one says your a jerk because you took a sample without buying some. thats just the way life is, its a marketing tool
    The people who want more, pay for more. Anyone not paying gets extremely limited features and games. Fine by me if they do that for the rest of their lives.
  12. Joined
    07 Jun '05
    Moves
    15 Jun '05 20:22
    Pairings are in chess section under "1st Competitive Gathering"
  13. Standard memberSbecspeledrX
    Pencampwr Maes-e
    Treffynnon.
    Moves
    12 Aug '05 15:30
    Too late to join?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree