1. Joined
    12 Dec '05
    Moves
    19 Dec '05 20:59
    Originally posted by Chrismo
    I've just created the 2006 Championship.
    Good, this time I won't fall asleep and miss the second round.
  2. 127.0.0.1
    Moves
    21 Dec '05 14:21
    I'm in and I like this format, but if the organizers wanted to have a smaller championship, they could set it up as follows...

Invite only, and you receive an invite by having won an open tournament the year before.
  3. Behind you...
    Moves
    21 Dec '05 19:10
    Originally posted by zebano
    I'm in and I like this format, but if the organizers wanted to have a smaller championship, they could set it up as follows...

Invite only, and you receive an invite by having won an open tournament the year before.
    That'sssss..... not the worst idea ever..... But then again that might inspire some higher rated players to play in lower rated tournies just to gain enterance, like getting timed out a bunch and then cleaning up a 1200-1300 tourney. That aside, I still kinda like the idea. Imaginary rec.
  4. Standard memberGalaxyShield
    Mr. Shield
    Moves
    21 Dec '05 20:331 edit
    Originally posted by seraphimvulture
    That'sssss..... not the worst idea ever..... But then again that might inspire some higher rated players to play in lower rated tournies just to gain enterance, like getting timed out a bunch and then cleaning up a 1200-1300 tourney. That aside, I still kinda like the idea. Imaginary rec.
    He said Open tournament, so sandbagging would be impossible in this case. It is actually a good idea to invite all the people who have won a grouped random tourney during the year. Makes it a true champioship really. However, we should still have the annual championship like the one that's open now.
  5. Standard memberThe Slow Pawn
    HIT THE LIGHTS
    Moves
    21 Dec '05 21:351 edit
    Originally posted by IprotestThis
    Good, this time I won't fall asleep and miss the second round.
    Are you still here Friz ???

Edis: Are you still here Fritz ???
  6. Canada
    Moves
    22 Dec '05 01:38
    Someone should document the top three players from most countries, of course some would left out, but we can make it like the real championships, you know, like Russian hopeful to win the tourney blah blah blah, or American hopeful No1maurader who is the highest rated american right now in the tourney....i think that would make it even more exciting?
  7. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    22 Dec '05 03:14
    Originally posted by ItsYouThatIAdore
    Someone should document the top three players from most countries, of course some would left out, but we can make it like the real championships, you know, like Russian hopeful to win the tourney blah blah blah, or American hopeful No1maurader who is the highest rated american right now in the tourney....i think that would make it even more exciting?
    American hopeful No1maurader

Gawd, I never thought I'd see that phrase! I better resign some games immediately.
  8. Behind you...
    Moves
    22 Dec '05 04:25
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    American hopeful No1maurader

Gawd, I never thought I'd see that phrase! I better resign some games immediately.
    I think I just vomited in my mouth a little.
  9. Standard memberAiko
    Nearing 250000...!
    Moves
    22 Dec '05 10:34
    Originally posted by Aiko
    I have just done so. But I have requested it to be duels. I like duels better than groups, and it will be easier to get 64 entrants (to make it worthy calling the tournament 'big'😉. Requested it to be a 3/7 timeout period too, by the way.
    We can expect this after Christmas to happen, I have been informed.
  10. Standard memberTrains44
    Full speed locomotiv
    Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Dec '05 21:49
    Originally posted by ItsYouThatIAdore
    Why do we see maurader as #3 on the American list? You keep saying #1.
  11. Standard memberAiko
    Nearing 250000...!
    Moves
    29 Dec '05 22:18
    We can expect this after Christmas to happen, I have been informed.
    It has happened. Join while you can, southern hemisphere ones, before all the northern hemisphere types get the southern hemisphere tournaments fully booked.
  12. Standard memberTrains44
    Full speed locomotiv
    Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Jan '06 05:47
    It has happened. Join while you can, southern hemisphere ones, before all the northern hemisphere types get the southern hemisphere tournaments fully booked.
    What if we're from the Eastern Hemisphere?
  13. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    02 Jan '06 14:561 edit
    Originally posted by TRAINS44
    What if we're from the Eastern Hemisphere?
    Last I checked, Long Island is in the North West semihemisphere...

😀😀
  14. Standard memberTrains44
    Full speed locomotiv
    Account suspended
    Moves
    02 Jan '06 15:10
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Last I checked, Long Island is in the North West semihemisphere...

😀😀
    Yes, you are right Suzi. I just looked at my globe.
  15. Standard memberzakkwylder
    Mouth for war
    Burlington, KY
    Moves
    02 Jan '06 23:24
    Santa Drummer should be booted from the tournament before it is started.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree