2007 Championships

2007 Championships

Tournaments

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

G
Mr. Shield

Moves
02 Jan 07

Originally posted by Ramned
well, why are you doing it, if you think someone else is going to win?
For fun, and the challenge.

R
The Rams

Moves
02 Jan 07

Originally posted by GalaxyShield
For fun, and the challenge.
I would do that, but I don't think I could do that load...

By the way, how in the world do you maintain 520 games?!!!? 😲

Moves
02 Jan 07

I would do that, but I don't think I could do that load...

By the way, how in the world do you maintain 520 games?!!!? 😲
GalaxyShield hires a whole fleet of elves to help him! 😛

G
Mr. Shield

Moves
02 Jan 07

Originally posted by Irax
GalaxyShield hires a whole fleet of elves to help him! 😛
Lol, 😛.

Canada

Moves
02 Jan 07

Galaxy (josh) has mad skill lol...i join because i want to go far, not necessarily win, but play with the big boys/girls...its an amazing challenge. Are you scared?

G
Mr. Shield

Moves
02 Jan 07

Originally posted by ItsYouThatIAdore
Galaxy (josh) has mad skill lol...i join because i want to go far, not necessarily win, but play with the big boys/girls...its an amazing challenge. Are you scared?
Lol...Yup, that's why most of us play, to get a chance to play the toughest people here (some of them don't usually play in tournaments, so it's even better). I've never made it past round 1 but I've always enjoyed it.

Canada

Moves
02 Jan 07

me as well, first time around, i got an engine, (Nicoyubum or whatever) and the second time, i had the first round had to leave the site and got timed out, that was a bit dissapointing. This year im looking to try and make it to the second round, lol, but i have a feeling im going to be in for a real big challenge. Especially because there is so much talent that has entered, there will be no easy groups most likely.

R
The Rams

Moves
03 Jan 07
1 edit

When will it start? I might do it, or pass until next year, and watch it progress. I saw that I would be in the top 1/3 (ish). I just am worried of the game load - I'd get almost 4 times my current load off of that!!

I usually invite an 1800+ when looking for a challenge, but it is unrated for that cause, as I play rather competitevly here, just to see how good I am. For 3/4 a year and at 1500, I'm pretty happy. Hope to be consistently in the 1600s for next year, and if I do, I will definitly do it.
* on a side note, how long does a tournament typically last (with 64 people, in groups of 4)

G
Mr. Shield

Moves
03 Jan 07

When will it start? I might do it, or pass until next year, and watch it progress. I saw that I would be in the top 1/3 (ish). I just am worried of the game load - I'd get almost 4 times my current load off of that!!

I usually invite an 1800+ when looking for a challenge, but it is unrated for that cause, as I play rather competitevly here, just to see ho ...[text shortened]...
* on a side note, how long does a tournament typically last (with 64 people, in groups of 4)
Depends on the timeout. Since this doesn't have any timeout, only timebank, a round can't take any longer than 120 days. You get regular moves because of this reason.

R
The Rams

Moves
03 Jan 07

I decided to wait til next year, and watch this year, to see if I like it enough.

Good Luck

Canada

Moves
03 Jan 07

sounds like a good plan Ram, but if you think you can manage your games, the timeout is good, just relax, take your time, and you could do decent. Nonetheless, if you wait, you can see what the competition is like and what your chances are for success, although you already have the proir 2005 and 2006 to look at.

t

my island

Moves
03 Jan 07

Originally posted by GalaxyShield
Depends on the timeout. Since this doesn't have any timeout, only timebank, a round can't take any longer than 120 days. You get regular moves because of this reason.
thats not entirely true, if timeouts aren't taken and each player kept moving within 2 days of the initial time-bank running out a game would go on for much longer than 120 days.

E

Swansea

Moves
03 Jan 07

How do you find out which group you are in without going through all 65 groups?

Canada

Moves
03 Jan 07

i think you actually have to go search, i am in group 28

R

Moves
03 Jan 07

Originally posted by ItsYouThatIAdore
i think you actually have to go search, i am in group 28
You laughed in your previous post and now you have ended up in a group where you are the 'favorite' to make it to the next round. No pressure. =)

I am in group 37 ( same as last year !!! ) and have a few players rated higher than me. Last year I made it to the 2nd round. This year looks more difficult.

Good luck to all.