2010 Championship

2010 Championship

Tournaments

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

h

Moves
16 Oct 10

Originally posted by atticus2
Who said anything about 'chess engines'? I never mentioned 'chess engines'. Only the game moderators know anything about engine use, and I'm not a game mod. If I were to suggest someone was an 'engine user' in a public forum, I could be banned.

So, I do not confirm that the 'little chat' with Hotrocks ever mentioned 'engine use'. No, no, most certainly ...[text shortened]... ter which Hotrocks reviewed his relationship with RHP.

Now you understand, yes? 🙂
Yes, this may be very late, but atticus2 declined my challenge and accused me of using engines. He actually accused most of my clan as being cheaters.

None the less, it came at the time when I was just ready to move to Japan, which took longer than expected for my things to arrive. At any rate, I am still here and still playing. My rating will soon be back to where it was and attitcius2 will still hide behind his "everyone better than I am must be using an engine." It seems a fitting modus operandi for a cowardly gossiping school girl.

a
Frustrate the Bad

Liverpool

Moves
16 Oct 10

Alter Ego? Let's start with the first name on your clan list. I await your further comments with great interest

a
Frustrate the Bad

Liverpool

Moves
18 Oct 10
2 edits

Originally posted by hotrocks
...but atticus2 declined my challenge and accused me of using engines. He actually accused most of my clan as being cheaters...a fitting modus operandi for a cowardly gossiping school girl.
Well, Mr Hotrocks, I'm not one for rubbing someone's face in their own filth - unless provoked to it. We did have a 'little chat' - in private, calmly - and I thought you'd reflected and done the right thing. Nothing more need have been said. Seems I was too much of an optimist. Never mind.

So I've been taking a look at the clan you founded, Alter Ego. A day ago it was full of very highly graded players. At the top, we had Capa Preta - we know what's happened to him. Then came Alzheimer, Bob Wade, Don Triola, RevRSleeker and many others.

Now, a day later, all those guys have disappeared. You are the only remaining member of Alter Ego!

So what happened? Do tell. Don't be shy. Did they all leave for Japan too? Or did you just become radioactive?

f

Moves
18 Oct 10

Hem...atticus : Alzeihmer and Bobwade seems still present on the site...

Conductor

Zwolle

Moves
18 Oct 10

Originally posted by fabien75
Hem...atticus : Alzeihmer and Bobwade seems still present on the site...
That's not what he meant.
Those players are not available anymore for the Alter Ego clan, but
stil at present on the site.

And I hope they will be there for long, as they gave me exciting and challenging chess!

Moves
18 Oct 10

So what happened? Do tell. Don't be shy. Did they all leave for Japan too? Or did you just become radioactive?
I imagine he kicked them all out. He seems to have resigned most of his games, too.

D

Moves
20 Oct 10
1 edit

Originally posted by Erekose
I imagine he kicked them all out. He seems to have resigned most of his games, too.
No. We just left. Would be very surprised if you hear from hotrocks again. I do feel sorry for him. Don't even know the guy, never really talked with him. But the decision to leave AE seemed to occur to everyone en masse after a busy Sunday discussion on the forum. Irreconcilable differences, the litigators say.
And to Atticus: Dan. DanTriola.

a
Frustrate the Bad

Liverpool

Moves
20 Oct 10

Yep. Dan. It was the 'Sicilian connection' that threw me. Apols

Moves
20 Oct 10

Originally posted by DanTriola
No. We just left. Would be very surprised if you hear from hotrocks again. I do feel sorry for him. Don't even know the guy, never really talked with him. But the decision to leave AE seemed to occur to everyone en masse after a busy Sunday discussion on the forum. Irreconcilable differences, the litigators say.
And to Atticus: Dan. DanTriola.
OK - thanks for clarifying.

D

Moves
20 Oct 10

Yep. Dan. It was the 'Sicilian connection' that threw me. Apols
Don could be Don Johnson, but at my age, I always think of Don Knotts!
No problemo.

h

Moves
21 Oct 10

Well, Mr Hotrocks, I'm not one for rubbing someone's face in their own filth - unless provoked to it. We did have a 'little chat' - in private, calmly - and I thought you'd reflected and done the right thing. Nothing more need have been said. Seems I was too much of an optimist. Never mind.

So I've been taking a look at the clan you founded, Alter Ego. ...[text shortened]... ell. Don't be shy. Did they all leave for Japan too? Or did you just become radioactive?
Actually, most of the members were scared of, and I'm only assuming (I am probably right), your continuous threats and bad mouthing of the clan. They decided to leave because of this. I cannot fully blame them, but I also cannot be held responsible for a member being banned for using engines. I decided to end the clan and remove the remaining members.

I tried to recruit strong players to my clan, and well, it is what I get I suppose.

Nevertheless, this is a hobby, and I hardly have time to play let alone pay attention to the likes of you and what you bring to the table --which doesn't seem to be much more than self-righteous spew.

If you are really that interested in what "hotrocks" is doing or why he hasn't done something you can very well send me a private message and ask.

Although, your speculation does amuse me.

a

THORNINYOURSIDE

Moves
21 Oct 10

Originally posted by hotrocks
Actually, most of the members were scared of, and I'm only assuming (I am probably right), your continuous threats and bad mouthing of the clan. They decided to leave because of this. I cannot fully blame them, but I also cannot be held responsible for a member being banned for using engines. I decided to end the clan and remove the remaining members.

I ...[text shortened]... n very well send me a private message and ask.

Although, your speculation does amuse me.
Surely the bad mouthing of the clan should have been refuted and by staying together a united front is shown that the allegations are untrue.

However by the leaving /removal of the membership it just leads to further speculation that the initial bad mouthing has some substance.

adramforall
Proudly playing crap non engine use chess on the site since 4 September 2004

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
02 Nov 10

The tournament has narrowed down to six contenders, TigerKing leading without loss at the moment

Tournament 8986

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
07 Nov 10

Originally posted by Ponderable
down to five now and three with 58 max what Tigerking already reached. Looks like a duel with Brodaty now for him.

Moves
07 Nov 10

Originally posted by Ponderable
down to five now and three with 58 max what Tigerking already reached. Looks like a duel with Brodaty now for him.
By the way, thanks for the periodic updates. I like to track the Championship and its really helpful to have someone who is periodically pointing things out.