Banned Tourni

Banned Tourni

Tournaments

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S

Moves
09 Sep 08

Why not invite all the 3.b guys (cludi, seadevil, clivestraddle, stephane, ironman31 etc) back to compete in a "silicon frenzy" event to see who has the biggest cress patch?
The games should be interesting affairs.
They would only be eligible to play in the engine tourni & nowhere else on the site.

How about it?

S

Moves
09 Sep 08

Please ignore the above post.
I forgot we have the 2008 Championship.

T
Mr T

I pity the fool!

Moves
09 Sep 08

I think Ironman had beaten most of those players when he was at his peak - my money would be on him.

With a bit of a prevailing wind, there could be some more removal of the engines who have made it to the next round of the championships - making for a bice clean final

c

Russ's Pocket

Moves
09 Sep 08
1 edit

Originally posted by Tyrannosauruschex
I think Ironman had beaten most of those players when he was at his peak - my money would be on him.

With a bit of a prevailing wind, there could be some more removal of the engines who have made it to the next round of the championships - making for a bice clean final
Um Whats a "bice"
is that a tactic I never heard of?

State of Confusion

Lancashire

Moves
09 Sep 08

Originally posted by cheshirecatstevens
[b]Um Whats a "bice"?
Who gives a buck?

SS

Moves
10 Sep 08

DR

Moves
10 Sep 08

Originally posted by cheshirecatstevens
Um Whats a "bice"
is that a tactic I never heard of?
Two or more buffalo?

P

Moves
10 Sep 08

Originally posted by Squelchbelch
Please ignore the above post.
I forgot we have the 2008 Championship.
ROFL!

r

Aberdeen, Scotland

Moves
10 Sep 08

can someone fill a curious (relatively) newbie in...what's a 3.b guy? i noticed that clivestraddle had been banned. why? have all those others mentioned been banned for the same reason?

c
Grammar Nazi

Auschwitz

Moves
11 Sep 08

Originally posted by Tyrannosauruschex

I don't know that much about him, but from looking at his games and forum posts, I think it is reasonable to suggest that he as well as cludi were genuinly good players, (maybe 2200+), and just used engines to blundercheck, or only in some games.

B

Moves
17 Sep 08

Originally posted by rja211077
can someone fill a curious (relatively) newbie in...what's a 3.b guy? i noticed that clivestraddle had been banned. why? have all those others mentioned been banned for the same reason?
Correct me if I'm wrong but I think 3b is refering to section 3 b) of the Terms of Service on this site- http://www.timeforchess.com/myhome/termsofservice.php

r

Aberdeen, Scotland

Moves
19 Sep 08

ok thanks...next question...how are they found out? don't get me wrong, i'm not trying to dodge the bullet myself - i'm clean as a whistle - just curious as to how this type of cheating is weeded out.

B

Moves
19 Sep 08

Originally posted by rja211077
ok thanks...next question...how are they found out? don't get me wrong, i'm not trying to dodge the bullet myself - i'm clean as a whistle - just curious as to how this type of cheating is weeded out.
I have no idea.
But all the players mentioned in the initial post of this thread were banned from the site for some reason. The poster seems to think it was 3b, who knows?!

The post regarding cludi and ironman being genuine players who blunder checked or only cheated in some games also makes me wonder how detection is actually done...

Anyone?

c
Grammar Nazi

Auschwitz

Moves
22 Sep 08

Originally posted by BlitzNewbie
I have no idea.
But all the players mentioned in the initial post of this thread were banned from the site for some reason. The poster seems to think it was 3b, who knows?!

The post regarding cludi and ironman being genuine players who blunder checked or only cheated in some games also makes me wonder how detection is actually done...

Anyone?
As far as I know, for the most part players banned for cheating must have a certain match up rate with an engines first three choices. (something like 85% or so)

Plenty of people have questioned that it is simply a strong player, but the highest matchups ever maintained by the worlds strongest correspondence chess players is something like 82%.

Players must also have played a certain number of games; One game will never sufice as proof.

I think cludi was very because he seemed to have a tremendous knowledge of chess, and still keeps up a very interesting chess blog.

I'm not sure about Ironman, but since he beat all the other cheats, and a strong player working with an engine will almost always be better than just an engine, he either was very strong, or just had a very strong engine.

What do you mean, they were banned for some other reason? They were all banned for cheating, 3b.

B

Moves
22 Sep 08

Originally posted by clandarkfire
As far as I know, for the most part players banned for cheating must have a certain match up rate with an engines first three choices. (something like 85% or so)

Plenty of people have questioned that it is simply a strong player, but the highest matchups ever maintained by the worlds strongest correspondence chess players is something like 82%.

Players must also have played a certain number of games; One game will never sufice as proof.

Thanks for this background.

I think cludi was very because he seemed to have a tremendous knowledge of chess, and still keeps up a very interesting chess blog.
Where is that blog?

What do you mean, they were banned for some other reason? They were all banned for cheating, 3b.

I'm not suggesting anything. Just pointing out that they could theoretically have been banned for any violation of the TOS, or did I miss something here?