Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Tournaments Forum

Tournaments Forum

  1. 24 Mar '08 20:34
    Finallllllllyyyyyyy resigned from game #3717592 with Mr. Slow Play heng. Only took nine months to get beat. I could care less about the outcome; heng had me beat several moves ago, however, I DO CARE about players that "incumber" the process of making timely moves and keeping the fun in the challenge. So that is my stance, and if you want to reply some type of BS that heng was A-OK, don't bother, cause I really don't care. Heng may be the KING of Malaisya with nothing to do but carry on over 800 games at a time. And if he is, then God save the Country! LOL 😀
  2. Standard member najdorfslayer
    The Ever Living
    24 Mar '08 21:31
    Originally posted by jhard
    Finallllllllyyyyyyy resigned from game #3717592 with Mr. Slow Play heng. Only took nine months to get beat. I could care less about the outcome; heng had me beat several moves ago, however, I DO CARE about players that "incumber" the process of making timely moves and keeping the fun in the challenge. So that is my stance, and if you want to reply some type ...[text shortened]... do but carry on over 800 games at a time. And if he is, then God save the Country! LOL 😀
    9 months, I am playing in a Tourney with him, his being the only remaining game........................


    Tourney started April 2007!!!!!

    I must be honest if I see a touney with him in now I tend to steer clear!!
  3. Subscriber Ponderable
    chemist
    24 Mar '08 21:31
    It was you who resigned adn could have some moves ago.

    I don't understand :

    * you could have sped up the process, which you didn't.
    * you care nothing but you create a thread.
  4. 24 Mar '08 21:48
    Originally posted by jhard
    Finallllllllyyyyyyy resigned from game #3717592 with Mr. Slow Play heng. Only took nine months to get beat. I could care less about the outcome; heng had me beat several moves ago, however, I DO CARE about players that "incumber" the process of making timely moves and keeping the fun in the challenge. So that is my stance, and if you want to reply some type ...[text shortened]... do but carry on over 800 games at a time. And if he is, then God save the Country! LOL 😀
    So why the feck didn't you resign several moves ago then?

    You have slowed the game down and forced Heng into making unnecessary moves in a game that he had already won.

    Had you resigend earlier Heng would have been able to make 4 or 5 moves in games that are not yet decided.

    I DO CARE about players that "incumber" the process of making timely moves

    Obviously you don't, or you would have resigned several moves ago.
    🙄

    Some people are just born plonkers.
  5. 24 Mar '08 22:08
    Ponderable and adramforall, you both sound like a couple of real "EGGHEADS". Yea, you ever heard of paybacks? Well this is yours for posting such a nimrod comment.
  6. 24 Mar '08 23:01
    Originally posted by adramforall
    So why the feck didn't you resign several moves ago then?

    You have slowed the game down and forced Heng into making unnecessary moves in a game that he had already won.

    Had you resigend earlier Heng would have been able to make 4 or 5 moves in games that are not yet decided.

    [i]I DO CARE about players that "incumber" the process of making timel ...[text shortened]... or you would have resigned several moves ago.
    🙄

    Some people are just born plonkers.
    Some people are just born plonkers.[/b]
    Takes one to know one!😀
  7. 25 Mar '08 00:21 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by Gary Thomas
    Some people are just born plonkers.
    Do you mean me as well 😛
    Fixed
  8. Subscriber Ponderable
    chemist
    25 Mar '08 09:09 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by jhard
    Ponderable and adramforall, you both sound like a couple of real "EGGHEADS". Yea, you ever heard of paybacks? Well this is yours for posting such a nimrod comment.
    If I understand correctly you pay back to all others who play heng in keeping him busy...

    You could have payed back in all silence. It was you who choose to make a subject from that.

    Maybe you should count supporters of your case and become wise?

    EDIT: spelling, I am such an EGGHEAD
  9. Standard member Smiffy
    SPS CLAN
    25 Mar '08 11:00
    Originally posted by najdorfslayer

    I must be honest if I see a touney with him in now I tend to steer clear!![/b]
    Im exactly the same if i see heng in a tournament that im going for i will either pull out or not enter.I had games with heng last about 8 months aswell and i know that hes within his rights to play 800 games and move within the timebanks but gosh he takes the p*ss...
  10. 25 Mar '08 13:14
    Heng may be a slow player, and it may be advisable to avoid entering tournaments that he has already entered. Players can choose to resign those games without moving if slow play upsets them.

    This is the second thread started by this person who has no understanding of the basic courtesies of civilised chess.

    If you don't like slow play, there is a blitz site. I'm sure you'd be happier there.
  11. 25 Mar '08 13:40
    Originally posted by MissOleum
    Heng may be a slow player, and it may be advisable to avoid entering tournaments that he has already entered. Players can choose to resign those games without moving if slow play upsets them.

    This is the second thread started by this person who has no understanding of the basic courtesies of civilised chess.

    If you don't like slow play, there is a blitz site. I'm sure you'd be happier there.
    No he wouldn't - nothing to complain about if he was playing blitz lol
  12. 25 Mar '08 14:03
    I don't understand this thread. Is someone complaining that another player plays by the rules?

    "I had an opponent once who had the guts to do an en passant against me, such an egghead!!!"
    "Yes, he played by the rules."

    So did Mr Heng!

    If you don't like 7/7 times tournament, then do not enter them. Could it be any simpler?
  13. 25 Mar '08 15:09
    I think that all you players that enjoy LONG games should kick off your shoes, engage Mr. Heng in a challenge, and sit back and WAIT for his moves. Be prepared for several months of WAITINGGGGGGGG. Enjoy those 7/7 rules and don't get the lard butt while waiting. LOL! 🙄
  14. 25 Mar '08 15:16
    Originally posted by jhard
    I think that all you players that enjoy LONG games should kick off your shoes, engage Mr. Heng in a challenge, and sit back and WAIT for his moves. Be prepared for several months of WAITINGGGGGGGG. Enjoy those 7/7 rules and don't get the lard butt while waiting. LOL! 🙄
    What does it matter? I have 35 other games to attend to. As a subscriber I don't only have six of them. And you have 38 games going, no lack of games to play there. So why bother?
  15. 25 Mar '08 16:00
    Originally posted by jhard
    I think that all you players that enjoy LONG games should kick off your shoes, engage Mr. Heng in a challenge, and sit back and WAIT for his moves. Be prepared for several months of WAITINGGGGGGGG. Enjoy those 7/7 rules and don't get the lard butt while waiting. LOL! 🙄
    I think that all you players that enjoy FAST games should kick off your shoes, engage others in a 1/0 challenge, and sit back and WAIT to see how long these games can take.