Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Tournaments Forum

Tournaments Forum

1. 09 Apr '08 21:39
    Why did all the April banded tournies kick off so quickly? There's only 8 players in each. WHy oh why oh why oh?
  2. 09 Apr '08 22:18
    Mabe they wanted them to take less than a year for most to get through!!
  3. Standard member RDM
    10 Apr '08 06:34
    There are normal 7 or 8 banded Octets in a month and well as 7 or 8 banded Quartets and Threesomes. There are also banded long hauls that make an appearance.

The Octets get filled up quite quickly so you have to be quick on the draw though.
  4. 10 Apr '08 07:32
    Originally posted by jimslyp69
    Why did all the April banded tournies kick off so quickly? There's only 8 players in each. WHy oh why oh why oh?
    There will be more banded 8-group tornies. Don't worry.

I would like to have a tourny queue: I would like to put myself in a list that says something like: "Next time a tourny, 8-gorups, banded, comes up, I would like to be automatically entered!". With options, radio-buttons, and such, I can chose the parameters, like thinking times, group-size, banded/non-banded, etc. When a new tournament is presented, then I can be first in line...

This can also be an aid for Russ et al to see what kind of tournaments are popular.
  5. Subscriber Ponderable
    chemist
    10 Apr '08 09:12
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    There will be more banded 8-group tornies. Don't worry.

I would like to have a tourny queue: I would like to put myself in a list that says something like: "Next time a tourny, 8-gorups, banded, comes up, I would like to be automatically entered!". With options, radio-buttons, and such, I can chose the parameters, like thinking times, group-size, bande ...[text shortened]... ine...

This can also be an aid for Russ et al to see what kind of tournaments are popular.
    To go further:

An automatic routine could create the torunaments.

But then your entry woiuld be valid only once as not to flood the site with lots of tournaments with the same players and settings
  6. Standard member RDM
    10 Apr '08 09:48
    Dunno if that would work. Because what happens if you have 9 people put their names down for an Octet? That 9th person isn't going to the too happy.

Maybe just an email notiffication that a tournament has beome available?
  7. Subscriber Ponderable
    chemist
    10 Apr '08 10:38
    Well it would be first come first serve, so the ninth will only be disappointed if he submitts at roughly the same time the eights application came in and the tournament was started.
  8. 10 Apr '08 11:03
    Originally posted by RDM
    Dunno if that would work. Because what happens if you have 9 people put their names down for an Octet? That 9th person isn't going to the too happy.

Maybe just an email notiffication that a tournament has beome available?
    On the other hand, he will be the first in the next 8-group torunament if his options is met.
  9. 10 Apr '08 19:03
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    I wouldn't get away with playing chess on my PC at work. They have very strict PC usage rules. I don't think I'd get time either.
  10. Standard member RDM
    11 Apr '08 09:46
    That might actually be a good thing.

My obsession to check my games constantly might start pissing off my manager. Thank goodness I know what I'm doing and get results.
  11. 14 Apr '08 07:25
    Originally posted by jimslyp69
    I'm waiting for the April Mini Banded Duel, that hasn't shown yet.
  12. 17 Apr '08 10:39
    Originally posted by Pawn Qween
    I'm waiting for the April Mini Banded Duel, that hasn't shown yet.
    Hmm, are we having an April Mini Banded Duel?
  13. Subscriber Ponderable
    chemist
    17 Apr '08 10:51
    Hmm, are we having an April Mini Banded Duel?
    Did you send feedback?
  14. 17 Apr '08 17:46
    Originally posted by Ponderable
    Did you send feedback?
    Not yet, but I will now
  15. 18 Apr '08 10:18
    Not yet, but I will now
    It's open now