1. In your face
    Moves
    09 Apr '08 21:39
    Why did all the April banded tournies kick off so quickly? There's only 8 players in each. WHy oh why oh why oh?
  2. Nixa, MO USA
    Moves
    09 Apr '08 22:18
    Mabe they wanted them to take less than a year for most to get through!!
  3. Joined
    28 Sep '07
    Moves
    10 Apr '08 06:34
    There are normal 7 or 8 banded Octets in a month and well as 7 or 8 banded Quartets and Threesomes. There are also banded long hauls that make an appearance.

The Octets get filled up quite quickly so you have to be quick on the draw though.
  4. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    10 Apr '08 07:32
    Originally posted by jimslyp69
    Why did all the April banded tournies kick off so quickly? There's only 8 players in each. WHy oh why oh why oh?
    There will be more banded 8-group tornies. Don't worry.

I would like to have a tourny queue: I would like to put myself in a list that says something like: "Next time a tourny, 8-gorups, banded, comes up, I would like to be automatically entered!". With options, radio-buttons, and such, I can chose the parameters, like thinking times, group-size, banded/non-banded, etc. When a new tournament is presented, then I can be first in line...

This can also be an aid for Russ et al to see what kind of tournaments are popular.
  5. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    10 Apr '08 09:12
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    There will be more banded 8-group tornies. Don't worry.

I would like to have a tourny queue: I would like to put myself in a list that says something like: "Next time a tourny, 8-gorups, banded, comes up, I would like to be automatically entered!". With options, radio-buttons, and such, I can chose the parameters, like thinking times, group-size, bande ...[text shortened]... ine...

This can also be an aid for Russ et al to see what kind of tournaments are popular.
    To go further:

An automatic routine could create the torunaments.

But then your entry woiuld be valid only once as not to flood the site with lots of tournaments with the same players and settings 🙂
  6. Joined
    28 Sep '07
    Moves
    10 Apr '08 09:48
    Dunno if that would work. Because what happens if you have 9 people put their names down for an Octet? That 9th person isn't going to the too happy.

Maybe just an email notiffication that a tournament has beome available?
  7. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    10 Apr '08 10:38
    Well it would be first come first serve, so the ninth will only be disappointed if he submitts at roughly the same time the eights application came in and the tournament was started.
  8. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    10 Apr '08 11:03
    Originally posted by RDM
    Dunno if that would work. Because what happens if you have 9 people put their names down for an Octet? That 9th person isn't going to the too happy.

Maybe just an email notiffication that a tournament has beome available?
    On the other hand, he will be the first in the next 8-group torunament if his options is met.
  9. Joined
    15 Aug '05
    Moves
    10 Apr '08 11:221 edit

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

10. In your face
    Moves
    10 Apr '08 19:03
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    I wouldn't get away with playing chess on my PC at work. They have very strict PC usage rules. I don't think I'd get time either. 🙁
  11. Joined
    28 Sep '07
    Moves
    11 Apr '08 09:46
    That might actually be a good thing.

My obsession to check my games constantly might start pissing off my manager. Thank goodness I know what I'm doing and get results.
  12. lookin for a way out
    Moves
    14 Apr '08 07:25
    Originally posted by jimslyp69
    I'm waiting for the April Mini Banded Duel, that hasn't shown yet.
  13. lookin for a way out
    Moves
    17 Apr '08 10:39
    Originally posted by Pawn Qween
    I'm waiting for the April Mini Banded Duel, that hasn't shown yet.
    Hmm, are we having an April Mini Banded Duel?😕
  14. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    17 Apr '08 10:51
    Originally posted by Pawn Qween
    Hmm, are we having an April Mini Banded Duel?😕
    Did you send feedback?
  15. lookin for a way out
    Moves
    17 Apr '08 17:46
    Originally posted by Ponderable
    Did you send feedback?
    Not yet, but I will now 🙂

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree