1. Standard memberTychoo
    F**k the EU, IMF,WB
    Moves
    12 Jul '07 06:49
    Hi to all.

Is there any way to limit the number of tournaments a person can enter at the one time? I have entered a few tournaments in the passed and come across a player called Heng but he just moves too slow and he’s got so many games 1600+. Now when I see his name I just don’t bother.

Tychoo
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    12 Jul '07 08:04
    Originally posted by Tychoo
    Hi to all.

Is there any way to limit the number of tournaments a person can enter at the one time? I have entered a few tournaments in the passed and come across a player called Heng but he just moves too slow and he’s got so many games 1600+. Now when I see his name I just don’t bother.

Tychoo
    they are allowed to enter as many tournaments as they like. This site allows people to play to the speed they want. That is why there is a timeout and timebank feature. Some of the tournaments have a smaller timebank so i suggest you use those.
  3. Standard memberDutch Defense
    Stealer of Souls
    Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Jul '07 11:311 edit
  4. Standard memberwittywonka
    Chocolate Expert
    Cocoa Mountains
    Moves
    12 Jul '07 16:16
    Hi to all.

Tychoo
    I agree with Silverstriker. He is allowed to move as slowly as he wants; if you want faster play, join tourneys with smaller time controls.
  5. THORNINYOURSIDE
    Moves
    12 Jul '07 18:03
    Hi to all.

Tychoo
    Just join banded tournaments as he is playing at a higher level than you are so will be unable to join banded tournaments for your level.

Today is the 12th of the month, he has made 4,340 move so far which is the equivalent of 361 moves per day.

So far you are averaging 93 moves per day so he is moving at nearly 4 times the rate you are.

And you have the temerity to call him a slow player 😕
  6. Standard memberTychoo
    F**k the EU, IMF,WB
    Moves
    12 Jul '07 20:56
    Such hostility.

Yes he’s doing a lot of moves per day but spread thinly across so many tournaments.
    There can be no enjoyment. I have reviewed a lot of his tournaments and he lagging way behind thus in my opinion frustrating others

Tychoo.
  7. USA
    Moves
    12 Jul '07 21:15
    Such hostility.

Yes he’s doing a lot of moves per day but spread thinly across so many tournaments.
    There can be no enjoyment. I have reviewed a lot of his tournaments and he lagging way behind thus in my opinion frustrating others

Tychoo.
    He's not obligated to play any faster than the time controls given, start some other games if he is going really slow.
  8. Japan
    Moves
    12 Jul '07 22:49
    I understand Tychoo`s frustration as I have a few tournaments where players lag behind everyone, and seem to have little interest at all. But I have to say that as long as he doesn`t just stop and get timed-out, he is contributing within the allowed limits. I always look for shorter games and tournament time rules.

And just look at his profile, he seems like a good bloke!
  9. Standard memberwittywonka
    Chocolate Expert
    Cocoa Mountains
    Moves
    13 Jul '07 03:31
    Such hostility.

Tychoo.
    Those players suffering from alleged "frustration" brought it upon themselves when they signed up for a tournament with longer time controls.

You don't think they put those lengthy time controls up for looks, do you?
  10. Standard memberTychoo
    F**k the EU, IMF,WB
    Moves
    13 Jul '07 09:15
    I'm sorry I posted this tread.

And Heng is a good guy he plays chess.😀
  11. Joined
    06 Aug '05
    Moves
    13 Jul '07 16:23
    I'm amused by these threads.

"My opponent is moving with the agreed time controls, it's just not fair. Discuss"
  12. Chalk Village
    Moves
    13 Jul '07 18:14
    He is a good guy. I have had several conversations with him whilst he has been beating me. How he does it i do not know. Heng if you read this you have my admiration. Funny guy...
  13. Standard memberwittywonka
    Chocolate Expert
    Cocoa Mountains
    Moves
    13 Jul '07 19:32
    Originally posted by Irax
    "My opponent is moving with the agreed time controls, it's just not fair."
    😀
  14. California
    Moves
    13 Jul '07 21:33
    I'm sorry I posted this tread.

And Heng is a good guy he plays chess.😀
    There's no reason to apologize for posting this thread. I understand your frustration and I've come across threads somewhere expressing their frustrations as well. The best thing for you to do is not to join tours that Heng is in (not too many of them unfortunately) so you can avoid playing against him. Heng simply loves playing chess and I respect his desire to play. He has not done anything wrong and he's playing by the book. I'm actually looking forward for a chance to time him out but he's just too good with his time controls. I just look forward his next move however long it takes. Just play and have fun.
  15. Standard memberDutch Defense
    Stealer of Souls
    Account suspended
    Moves
    15 Jul '07 03:002 edits
    User 340422 has a lot of games in progress.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree