At least I hops that's what he meant. 😛
  2. Standard memberDragon Fire
    Lord of all beasts
    searching for truth
    Moves
    12 Aug '07 22:311 edit
    Originally posted by Neal Pan
    I bet it will stay on 600+
    If I were heng, I would ask the GM to reset the rating to p1200.
    I reckon about 700 as you have to lose to lots of players rated below 1300 to drop much below that and Heng is still good enough to win some games and these wins will increase as his game load drops.
  3. Standard memberskeeter
    515 + 30 days
    Account suspended
    Moves
    13 Aug '07 04:28
    Originally posted by Dragon Fire
    I reckon about 700 as you have to lose to lots of players rated below 1300 to drop much below that and Heng is still good enough to win some games and these wins will increase as his game load drops.
    Feel sorry for those 1400-1500 grouped players he will beat...

skeeter
  4. Joined
    25 Jan '07
    Moves
    13 Aug '07 04:35
    Originally posted by skeeter
    Feel sorry for those 1400-1500 grouped players he will beat...

skeeter
    hi there skeeter...

i get what u mean...
    as mentioned earlier in my post, i would continue fighting in my clan matches coz it is a team effort...am a team player

as for individual tournaments, what do u guys propose? should i just let everyone win and start afresh once all sorted out? hmmm...

do let me know any suggestions..im open and no hard feelings k...we are here on a friendly and casual manner....

thnx
  5. Subscribercoquette
    Already mated
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA
    Moves
    13 Aug '07 04:51
    play your games with all your heart

let the ones go that you cant get to, they'll be timing out soon regardless of what ever else you do

it wont even matter that a lot of players wont take your skulls, because your rating has been gutted, because the tournament system will time you out two days after the skulls appear, and then normal tournament play can resume
  6. Standard memberDragon Fire
    Lord of all beasts
    searching for truth
    Moves
    13 Aug '07 08:21
    Originally posted by heng
    hi there skeeter...

i get what u mean...
    as mentioned earlier in my post, i would continue fighting in my clan matches coz it is a team effort...am a team player

as for individual tournaments, what do u guys propose? should i just let everyone win and start afresh once all sorted out? hmmm...

do let me know any suggestions..im open and no hard feelings k...we are here on a friendly and casual manner....

thnx
    You could cut down your games by resigning those that you have no hope in or where you feel you may be holding up things and don't want to do so or you could continue trying as best you can to play and win as many as possible.

I don't think there is any serious criticisum of you as you are playing within the rules. Everyone was just amazed to see how you could cope with so many games when most people battle to play well with upwards of 100. Speaking for myself my game deteriates rapidly above about 70 games mainly because I try and move daily in all of them. Others who move slower can manage to take on more and I guess if I took on 28/28 games I could manage 700-1000 although I would not want to as I would not enjoy playing so many games and I forget my plans after 24 hours let alone 28 days.

If I were you I would resign quickly in those games where I stood worse - blitz games against fast players where I stood better and spend my available time on those where I had chances. This should cut your game load down eventually to a managable level.
  7. Standard memberAsthereal
    Dark Matter
    Maastricht
    Moves
    13 Aug '07 10:25
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    My cat could definitely not beat Russ, because he'd just run off to play with one of the pawns 😉. I think we should not underestimate Russ because he could, right before you beat him, remove you from the site. Especially if you make comments like that. Or maybe he'd just for a change think during your match and beat you. He's not that bad.
  8. Joined
    15 Aug '05
    Moves
    13 Aug '07 11:05

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

9. Standard memberDragon Fire
    Lord of all beasts
    searching for truth
    Moves
    13 Aug '07 16:00
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    Found it

TOS 3(e)

3. You may not ......

(e) compare the standards of any other members play to superior beings including computers, aliens, dragons and cats.

Members includes the Site Admins.
  10. 127.0.0.1
    Moves
    13 Aug '07 19:58
    Found it

TOS 3(e)

3. You may not ......

(e) compare the standards of any other members play to superior beings including computers, aliens, dragons and [b]cats

Members includes the Site Admins.[/b]
    Excellent, now who will be the first to be banned under the new 3(e) ToS?
  11. Standard memberLekZ
    Why am I here?
    Moves
    13 Aug '07 21:48
    Found it

TOS 3(e)

3. You may not ......

(e) compare the standards of any other members play to superior beings including computers, aliens, dragons and [b]cats

Members includes the Site Admins.[/b]
    Now I know cats are superior, everybody can clearly see dragons being superior.

Computers lack creativity, but I can never calculate as fast as they can, so although arguable, they can be superior.

But aliens? Is there any evidence to support that? Maybe they just don't know how to play chess...
  12. Standard membertruthinpositions
    dragon slayer
    Moves
    14 Aug '07 17:31
    Originally posted by heng
    Dear all,

Surprise !!! Heng here...🙂 anyways i have posted my apologies in my profile and i would do same here again to all affected ....I am sorry to have taken so much of ur time and affected ur enjoyment in playing chess....

when i started , i was quite free esp at nite and thus entered into lots of tournament,...naive as i am, the games kept snowball ...[text shortened]... with that, i wud like conclude my first post here and thnx for everythng, sorry for anything..🙂
    I Understand how one could accept so many games. I am a otb blitz player trying to get a large sampling of games to find my "style" in openings and middle games. Unfortunately I am only able to get a handful of games because I am new (3 days). I dont think I could take on 1k games yet but I would like a few hundred maybe because most player only make 1 move per day. that means I only have to make 50-100move/day after the openings which go fast b/c of memory and theory. Good Luck in reducing your load and in your games.
  13. Joined
    14 Jul '06
    Moves
    16 Aug '07 15:06
    His rating is climbing back up now he has a much more manageable 1330 games in progress.
  14. Standard memberLekZ
    Why am I here?
    Moves
    17 Aug '07 08:53
    1400 games could be manageable... If 7 day TimeOuts, that would mean 200 moves a day. Still a bit too much for my taste.
    Throw in a few Long Hauls, 21 day timeout games and some good management...
  15. Standard memberDragon Fire
    Lord of all beasts
    searching for truth
    Moves
    17 Aug '07 14:591 edit
    Originally posted by LekZ
    1400 games could be manageable... If 7 day TimeOuts, that would mean 200 moves a day. Still a bit too much for my taste.
    Throw in a few Long Hauls, 21 day timeout games and some good management...
    Not necessarily as if your opponent only moves every 7 days you have 14 days turnaround so only 100 moves a day. Manageable, just but at 14/28 probably do-able.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree