1. Standard membernajdorfslayer
    The Ever Living
    Third Earth
    Moves
    24 Jul '07 19:22
    Come on lets see who is the finest Najdorf player on the site.....................come on you guys!!
  2. Standard memberirontigran
    Rob Scheider is..
    A Stapler!
    Moves
    24 Jul '07 23:22
    Originally posted by najdorfslayer
    Come on lets see who is the finest Najdorf player on the site.....................come on you guys!!
    how many have you slayed???
  3. THORNINYOURSIDE
    Moves
    25 Jul '07 00:44
    Never played Najdorf.

On which site is it played?

Is it any good?

😛
  4. Standard membernajdorfslayer
    The Ever Living
    Third Earth
    Moves
    25 Jul '07 07:391 edit
    I have a 5.5/6 record on this site as White playing against the Najdorf & I am 7/7 playing the Najdorf as Black.

http://www.redhotpawn.com/tournament/enter.php?tid=2367
  5. Standard memberGalaxyShield
    Mr. Shield
    Moves
    25 Jul '07 15:583 edits
    I have a 5.5/6 record on this site as White playing against the Najdorf & I am 7/7 playing the Najdorf as Black.

Impressive record.
  6. Standard memberirontigran
    Rob Scheider is..
    A Stapler!
    Moves
    25 Jul '07 21:00

lol, ok.... im gonna have to pick you to win this one... this is your chance at a tourney win, dont blow it!!!! 😉
  7. Standard membernajdorfslayer
    The Ever Living
    Third Earth
    Moves
    25 Jul '07 21:29
    Originally posted by jvanhine
    lol, ok.... im gonna have to pick you to win this one... this is your chance at a tourney win, dont blow it!!!! 😉
    I dunno there is very stiff competition..............cludi will be a tough nut and I have lost to LekZ before! But not in a Najdorf!!
  8. Joined
    26 May '02
    Moves
    26 Jul '07 01:05
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    I've just entered it. I wasn't sure about playing, because I have enough games already, but the Najdorf is my favourite opening. I'm quite happy on the White side also! 🙂
  9. Standard memberirontigran
    Rob Scheider is..
    A Stapler!
    Moves
    26 Jul '07 03:03
    Originally posted by David Tebb
    [b]I've just entered it. b]
    ok, i might have to consider changing my mind 😉
  10. Standard membernajdorfslayer
    The Ever Living
    Third Earth
    Moves
    26 Jul '07 07:39
    Originally posted by David Tebb
    I've just entered it. I wasn't sure about playing, because I have enough games already, but the Najdorf is my favourite opening. I'm quite happy on the White side also! 🙂
    Well you are only playing 2 games and it raises the profile of the tiurney if strong players like yourself enter!
  11. Joined
    06 Oct '02
    Moves
    26 Jul '07 18:13
    Wow I am probably going to get murdered in this tournament, I just started learning the najdorf.
  12. Standard membernajdorfslayer
    The Ever Living
    Third Earth
    Moves
    27 Jul '07 08:19
    Originally posted by mcreynolds
    Wow I am probably going to get murdered in this tournament, I just started learning the najdorf.
    Well you may learn a lot not only by playing your own games but by looking at games from others in this tournament.........as its 1700+ banded duel the games should be of quite a good standard too!!

Also to David Tebb..............do you remember we played a 5 min game in a Najdorf on the Blitz site here.........I was White and played 6.Be2 and you pipped me in a real close game!!
  13. Standard memberLekZ
    Why am I here?
    Moves
    27 Jul '07 13:38
    I dunno there is very stiff competition..............cludi will be a tough nut and I have lost to LekZ before! But not in a Najdorf!!
    You lost to me only once, we drew three times...

My najdorf is probably the worst you could expect from a 2000+ player. 😕 I think I just don't like it, but it will be a great learning experience. I will be following your games, and hope I'll have learned enough to hold my own, when facing a najdorf-expert like yourself 😀

Good luck to all competitors!
  14. Standard memberYuga
    Renaissance
    OnceInALifetime
    Moves
    28 Jul '07 02:281 edit
    Originally posted by mcreynolds
    6. Bg5 induces the ...e6 lines and you can obtain a Scheveninegen type position.

Here is an intriguing game in the English attack. 13. Na4 may have led to a line less drawish than the one in the game that occurs if Black plays 15...a4 and if white plays 17. Nxa4. Had either deviated from playing the two moves just stated, the game would have been theoretically interesting...

Game 2284803 franz007at-jimster 1/2-1/2
  15. Joined
    06 Oct '02
    Moves
    29 Jul '07 18:37
    Originally posted by Yuga
    6. Bg5 induces the ...e6 lines and you can obtain a Scheveninegen type position.

Here is an intriguing game in the English attack. 13. Na4 may have led to a line less drawish than the one in the game that occurs if Black plays 15...a4 and if white plays 17. Nxa4. Had either deviated from playing the two moves just stated, the game would have been theoretically interesting...

Game 2284803 franz007at-jimster 1/2-1/2
    Yes the Bg5 lines look like a lot of fun, I got the starting out book just to give me a basis and now I am thinking of checking out Nunn's book on the Bg5 variations, anyone have it?