Najdorf Players

Najdorf Players

Tournaments

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

n
The Ever Living

Third Earth

Moves
24 Jul 07

Come on lets see who is the finest Najdorf player on the site.....................come on you guys!!

i

Moves
24 Jul 07

Originally posted by najdorfslayer
Come on lets see who is the finest Najdorf player on the site.....................come on you guys!!
how many have you slayed???

a

THORNINYOURSIDE

Moves
25 Jul 07

Never played Najdorf.

On which site is it played?

Is it any good?

😛

n
The Ever Living

Third Earth

Moves
25 Jul 07
1 edit

I have a 5.5/6 record on this site as White playing against the Najdorf & I am 7/7 playing the Najdorf as Black.

http://www.redhotpawn.com/tournament/enter.php?tid=2367

G
Mr. Shield

Moves
25 Jul 07
3 edits

I have a 5.5/6 record on this site as White playing against the Najdorf & I am 7/7 playing the Najdorf as Black.

Impressive record.

i

Moves
25 Jul 07

lol, ok.... im gonna have to pick you to win this one... this is your chance at a tourney win, dont blow it!!!! 😉

n
The Ever Living

Third Earth

Moves
25 Jul 07

Originally posted by jvanhine
lol, ok.... im gonna have to pick you to win this one... this is your chance at a tourney win, dont blow it!!!! 😉
I dunno there is very stiff competition..............cludi will be a tough nut and I have lost to LekZ before! But not in a Najdorf!!

SS

Moves
25 Jul 07
2 edits

Moves
26 Jul 07

The post that was quoted here has been removed
I've just entered it. I wasn't sure about playing, because I have enough games already, but the Najdorf is my favourite opening. I'm quite happy on the White side also! 🙂

i

Moves
26 Jul 07

Originally posted by David Tebb
[b]I've just entered it. b]
ok, i might have to consider changing my mind 😉

n
The Ever Living

Third Earth

Moves
26 Jul 07

Originally posted by David Tebb
I've just entered it. I wasn't sure about playing, because I have enough games already, but the Najdorf is my favourite opening. I'm quite happy on the White side also! 🙂
Well you are only playing 2 games and it raises the profile of the tiurney if strong players like yourself enter!

m

Moves
26 Jul 07

Wow I am probably going to get murdered in this tournament, I just started learning the najdorf.

n
The Ever Living

Third Earth

Moves
27 Jul 07

Originally posted by mcreynolds
Wow I am probably going to get murdered in this tournament, I just started learning the najdorf.
Well you may learn a lot not only by playing your own games but by looking at games from others in this tournament.........as its 1700+ banded duel the games should be of quite a good standard too!!

Also to David Tebb..............do you remember we played a 5 min game in a Najdorf on the Blitz site here.........I was White and played 6.Be2 and you pipped me in a real close game!!

L
Why am I here?

Moves
27 Jul 07

I dunno there is very stiff competition..............cludi will be a tough nut and I have lost to LekZ before! But not in a Najdorf!!
You lost to me only once, we drew three times...

My najdorf is probably the worst you could expect from a 2000+ player. 😕 I think I just don't like it, but it will be a great learning experience. I will be following your games, and hope I'll have learned enough to hold my own, when facing a najdorf-expert like yourself 😀

Good luck to all competitors!

Y
Renaissance

OnceInALifetime

Moves
28 Jul 07
1 edit

Originally posted by mcreynolds
6. Bg5 induces the ...e6 lines and you can obtain a Scheveninegen type position.

Here is an intriguing game in the English attack. 13. Na4 may have led to a line less drawish than the one in the game that occurs if Black plays 15...a4 and if white plays 17. Nxa4. Had either deviated from playing the two moves just stated, the game would have been theoretically interesting...

Game 2284803 franz007at-jimster 1/2-1/2