1. Standard memberOmnislash
    Digital Blasphemy
    Omnipresent
    Moves
    07 Apr '05 02:41
    Why do we allow players with a provisional rating into rating controlled tourneys? Defeats the purpose of a rating controlled touney if you ask me. I know that if I enter a "1200 or under" tourney and make it to the final match only to play someone with a 1600 rating I am going to feel very cheated. Is it just me, or does anyone else see a problem here!?!
  2. Standard memberMIODude
    me, not you
    CaNaDa
    Moves
    07 Apr '05 02:44
    I thought provisional people cannot join banded tournaments? I remember I wasn't able to until I had 20 rated games played
  3. Standard memberOmnislash
    Digital Blasphemy
    Omnipresent
    Moves
    07 Apr '05 02:50
    Originally posted by MIODude
    I thought provisional people cannot join banded tournaments? I remember I wasn't able to until I had 20 rated games played
    I would have assumed as much, but they currently exist in the lost bobbys 1200 and under tourney.
  4. Standard memberMIODude
    me, not you
    CaNaDa
    Moves
    07 Apr '05 02:52
    I saw that.. after I posted, I went in and took a look.., I'm surprised. I'm almost positive I wasn't able to enter a banded tournament until I lost the p

Maybe they changed the rules recently?
  5. Standard memberOmnislash
    Digital Blasphemy
    Omnipresent
    Moves
    07 Apr '05 03:161 edit
    Originally posted by MIODude
    I saw that.. after I posted, I went in and took a look.., I'm surprised. I'm almost positive I wasn't able to enter a banded tournament until I lost the p

Maybe they changed the rules recently?
    Well, I have looked high and low in the site FAQ and can see no mention of restricting provisional rated players from any kind of tourney. It mention that there may be "additional restrictions", but if such an "additional restriction" exists, or ever has existed, to prevent provisional rated players out of banded tourneys, I do not know. If they used to keep provisionals out of tourneys and now let them in, I would sure like to know the reason for it. 😕
  6. Canada
    Moves
    07 Apr '05 04:27
    Since ive been on RHP, which hasnt been very long, they have allowed Provisional players to join tourneys
  7. Standard memberOmnislash
    Digital Blasphemy
    Omnipresent
    Moves
    07 Apr '05 04:53
    Originally posted by ItsYouThatIAdore
    Since ive been on RHP, which hasnt been very long, they have allowed Provisional players to join tourneys
    Well that helps clear it up a bit.

I also don't want to be misunderstood. I don't mind that provisional players can be in tourneys. I mean, hey, if they paid the sub, welcome aboard! However, I think it is self defeating to allow them into banded tourneys as the entire premise is to play people of similar caliber, and provisional players (by very definition) are not rated to reflect their ability. I don't blame them for entering into the tourney that their rating quilified them for, but I do have a problem that they are permitted to do so in a banded tourney. I hope that makes sense.
  8. Standard memberflexmore
    Quack Quack Quack !
    Chesstralia
    Moves
    07 Apr '05 05:15
    i reckon russ did fix this and exclude provisionals from banded tournies .... but the bobbies tournies slipped through while he wasn't looking because they are 'S' tournies.

just a little bug patching for russ to do.
  9. Standard memberHegemon
    A Lost Bobby
    London
    Moves
    07 Apr '05 09:16
    Actually, Russ assured me that provisionals weeren't allowed in tourneys so it does look like this is just a bug that slipped through the cracks. I will let him know.

well done guys.
  10. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    07 Apr '05 10:46
    Originally posted by flexmore
    i reckon russ did fix this and exclude provisionals from banded tournies .... but the bobbies tournies slipped through while he wasn't looking because they are 'S' tournies.

Dead right.

I asked Russ to deny p's access to banded tournies and he did so.

I guess the 'S' fecked things up a bit though.

D
  11. Standard memberHegemon
    A Lost Bobby
    London
    Moves
    11 Apr '05 14:13
    I believe Russ is now having another look at this
  12. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    11 Apr '05 14:482 edits
    Originally posted by flexmore

It was a bug which only impacted 0 to n banded tournaments.

-Russ

edit : Provisionals are only excluded from banded tournaments.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree