12 Feb '07 15:15
    A quick bump back to page 1....
  2. Standard memberYuga
    Renaissance
    OnceInALifetime
    Moves
    12 Feb '07 18:15
    Originally posted by zebano
    Thanks for the links. I didn't realize chessgames.com had shufflechess games in their db.
    I think the games I posted were the only Randomchess games in the chessgames.com database. The rest of the games were odds games.

Chess variants simply are not popular, although Bughouse gets a bit of a following.
  3. 127.0.0.1
    Moves
    12 Feb '07 18:46
    Originally posted by Yuga
    I think the games I posted were the only Randomchess games in the chessgames.com database. The rest of the games were odds games.

Chess variants simply are not popular, although Bughouse gets a bit of a following.
    I must admit I do love to play bughouse, but for some reason heavy rounds of bughouse always seem to correspond to drops in my rating...
  4. Standard memberYuga
    Renaissance
    OnceInALifetime
    Moves
    19 Mar '07 05:133 edits
    Originally posted by Yuga
    Here are my games with seraphimvulture.

Game 3025164
    Game 3025166
    I won both games. I think Black could have held out a little longer in the game in which I had the white pieces, but given the exposed condition of the Black King, the number of pawns on the board, and piece placement, I strongly suspect I had a winning advantage, albeit not very easy to convert, although I didn't see an immediate forced winning line.

In my game with white:

19...Rc7 would have led to interesting complications. (then Rxf6+ NxR Qh6+)

As Black:

11. Qxa Nxg2 looked very intriguing too. (then Nxg2 Qh3 [line feasible due to the pinned knight] Qf2 Nf4 Nxf4 Bxf4 Rc2 [not Rc3? Be5] Be3 Qe1 then perhaps a rook lift Rc6-d6; I would have had some cool counterplay at least.

Although the complications may have been favorable for me as Black, they may not have been quite as favorable with white; with a pawn advantage, they were unnecessary...yet they were fun to look into, hence I played as I did.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree