1. Los Angeles
    Moves
    16 Mar '07 19:57
    As is often the case, it's truly awe-inspiring to watch two heavy hitters battle it out in tournament play. Check out the see saw action between Dragon Fire & davidmacc in the Sprint Split XXV:

Game 3278338

and even more amazing:

Game 3278339

I have to admit, I hope one day to play this well, no matter how long it takes.

oishi
  2. home
    Moves
    16 Mar '07 23:29
    Well, the draw-game between the leaders, Game 3278349 is not bad either
  3. Standard memberHomerJSimpson
    Renouned Grob Killer
    Moves
    17 Mar '07 04:03
    why the hell would DF accept two draws against davidmacc?
  4. Standard memberDragon Fire
    Lord of all beasts
    searching for truth
    Moves
    17 Mar '07 10:242 edits
    Originally posted by HomerJSimpson
    Because I have too many games on the go and it seemed a reasonable thing to do.

but it was a mistake as I carelessly gave away a Rook in Game 3278346 and allowed a draw in Game 3278351 so I have gifted davidmac the round. :'(
  5. Joined
    26 Sep '05
    Moves
    17 Mar '07 14:121 edit
    Originally posted by HomerJSimpson
    As you've already made clear here, and in Thread 56268, you don't think much of my abilities:

"You should beat DavidMacc, he's only good when he plays the caro kann"
    and
    "Come on, you just beat one of the most overrated players on rhp, his rating is about 200-300 pts too high"

Whilst there's always room for improvement in my game (which applies to anyone who cares about improving) I can't help notice when I glance at our respective ratings, games and tournament wins that, of the two of us, I have rather less room for improvement. 😛
  6. Joined
    26 Sep '05
    Moves
    17 Mar '07 14:17
    Originally posted by Dragon Fire
    Because I have too many games on the go and it seemed a reasonable thing to do.

but it was a mistake as I carelessly gave away a Rook in Game 3278346 and allowed a draw in Game 3278351 so I have gifted davidmac the round. :'(
    Perhaps we're both going to get what (some would say) we deserve - I'm struggling in both games against oishi and could easily finish 2nd or 3rd in the group.

Tournament 1936
  7. Standard memberDragon Fire
    Lord of all beasts
    searching for truth
    Moves
    17 Mar '07 14:35
    Originally posted by davidmacc
    Perhaps we're both going to get what (some would say) we deserve - I'm struggling in both games against oishi and could easily finish 2nd or 3rd in the group.

Tournament 1936
    Maybe, but the reason why is exactly the reason I wanted the 2 draws. too many games and careless blitzing of them just to get the game load down but for anyone else to win they still need to beat us and so will deserve their win.

If you win because I lost and drew so be it, that was a risk I (we) took and no one else was disadvantaged in any way.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree