Tournaments Forum

Tournaments Forum

  1. Joined
    21 Jun '06
    Moves
    81822
    05 Mar '07 23:51
    I very much wait for a thematic tournament to start. It was a while ago wasn't it.
    I'd suggesting one on marshall attack.


    (It might be the funnest and most aggressive gambit in chess?)
    What do you think!?🙂

    The starting tabia of the main line
  2. Joined
    02 Jan '07
    Moves
    38596
    05 Mar '07 23:531 edit
    funnest? tabia? time for a review of English old chap before you make any more tournement demands!
  3. Standard memberMarinkatomb
    wotagr8game
    tbc
    Joined
    18 Feb '04
    Moves
    61941
    06 Mar '07 00:40
    Originally posted by chessisagame
    funnest? tabia? time for a review of English old chap before you make any more tournement demands!
    Not everyone is English speaking round here old chap... 😉
  4. Joined
    02 Jan '07
    Moves
    38596
    06 Mar '07 04:22
    well I was in a rather sarcastic mode when I posted that. But didn't you know Old Chap that English is the Mother Tongue? lol
  5. Joined
    21 Jun '06
    Moves
    81822
    06 Mar '07 06:54
    Originally posted by chessisagame
    funnest? tabia? time for a review of English old chap before you make any more tournement demands!
    Make your homework:
    Tabia -chess term meaning, a position from a well known chess opening were the play begin (not read chess theory hm?). Check the words before you start criticise others.😛
  6. 127.0.0.1
    Joined
    27 Oct '05
    Moves
    158564
    06 Mar '07 13:26
    Originally posted by bikingviking
    Make your homework:
    Tabia -chess term meaning, a position from a well known chess opening were the play begin (not read chess theory hm?). Check the words before you start criticise others.😛
    I must admit that I have never heard that term before.
  7. Joined
    02 Jan '07
    Moves
    38596
    06 Mar '07 16:54
    course you haven't. Cause hes making it up!
  8. Joined
    21 Jun '06
    Moves
    81822
    06 Mar '07 17:151 edit
    No I am not. You guys are reading too few chess magazines.
    (Seen it in NIC-magazine a couple of times).
    Anyway the thread is not about this but about whether or not you want a new thematic tournament (Ruy lopez or Sicilian).
  9. Standard memberDiet Coke
    Forum Vampire
    Sidmouth, Uk
    Joined
    13 Nov '06
    Moves
    45871
    06 Mar '07 17:31
    Originally posted by bikingviking
    I very much wait for a thematic tournament to start. It was a while ago wasn't it.
    I'd suggesting one on marshall attack.


    (It might be the funnest and most aggressive gambit in chess?)
    What do you think!?🙂[fen]r1bq1rk1/4bppp/p1p5/1p1nR3/8/1BP5/PP1P1PPP/RNBQ2K1 w - - 0 12[/fen]
    The starting tabia of the main line
    I've played against this.😠
  10. Joined
    02 Jan '07
    Moves
    38596
    06 Mar '07 18:10
    i know your not lying, just giving a hard time old chap. but yeah, I would like to see a thematic tourney based on the ruy lopez
  11. Joined
    21 Aug '03
    Moves
    444471
    06 Mar '07 18:12
    Originally posted by chessisagame
    i know your not lying, just giving a hard time old chap. but yeah, I would like to see a thematic tourney based on the ruy lopez
    you're
  12. Standard memberKorch
    Chess Warrior
    Riga
    Joined
    05 Jan '05
    Moves
    24932
    06 Mar '07 18:32
    Originally posted by zebano
    I must admit that I have never heard that term before.
    Its well known term among professional chess players.
  13. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Joined
    16 Mar '04
    Moves
    15013
    06 Mar '07 18:54
    Originally posted by chessisagame
    course you haven't. Cause hes making it up!
    🙄
    Tabia or Tabiya: (from Arabic)
    1) The initial position of the pieces in Shatranj.
    2) The final position of a well-known chess opening.
    3) (from 2) The opening position from which two players familiar with each others' tastes begin play.

    D
  14. Standard memberRamned
    The Rams
    Joined
    04 Sep '06
    Moves
    13491
    08 Mar '07 01:251 edit
    How about a Fried Liver Attack Thematic, with 256 entrants. People have been wanting a big one, and in the Chess forum they've shown some interest in it.

    A fun, aggressive white tactic. Black gets material adv. white gets position. A good learning experience.

  15. Joined
    21 Jun '06
    Moves
    81822
    08 Mar '07 11:44
    I'd rather like a ruy... (if you insist in starting with the italian then evans gambit is the only choice.)
Back to Top