Timeout question

Timeout question

Tournaments

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

c
¯\_(^.^)_/¯

Moves
05 Dec 06

In Tournament 1201 it seems that Asthereal won't be making any moves and will most probably get timed out as black, but as he hasn't made his 1st move as white his timebank isn't depleting, what happens here? Does the tournament get held up indefinitly or what?

Vampyroteuthis

Infernalis

Moves
05 Dec 06

Originally posted by cadwah
In Tournament 1201 it seems that Asthereal won't be making any moves and will most probably get timed out as black, but as he hasn't made his 1st move as white his timebank isn't depleting, what happens here? Does the tournament get held up indefinitly or what?
No, I think he gets automatically timed out at some point. I'm not sure exactly when though.

t

my island

Moves
06 Dec 06

Originally posted by rbmorris
No, I think he gets automatically timed out at some point. I'm not sure exactly when though.
2 days after the timebank runs out

z

Moves
06 Dec 06

Originally posted by cadwah
His timebank is actually being used up. The easiest way to see this is to go your 'my games' page and click the info button next to his game.

M

Dayton, OH

Moves
03 Jan 07

Originally posted by zebano
His timebank is actually being used up. The easiest way to see this is to go your 'my games' page and click the info button next to his game.
I am in a tournament where the timebank is not being used up. The tourney started on '30 Dec '06 19:00', but black still has full timeout and timebank.

Game: 2956760 Game 2956760

Any ideas?

T

Japan

Moves
20 Mar 07

Slightly different problem, a guy in our group used up his three days allowed and then 7 day timebank before moving, and now moves just before the time expires, even though he is playing other games. Now he has put up "on vacation return 3/24" but is still making moves! What happens now?

c

Russ's Pocket

Moves
21 Mar 07

Originally posted by Tonx
Slightly different problem, a guy in our group used up his three days allowed and then 7 day timebank before moving, and now moves just before the time expires, even though he is playing other games. Now he has put up "on vacation return 3/24" but is still making moves! What happens now?
I am in a tournament with the same player. I think this is a clear case of abusing the vacation system.

a

THORNINYOURSIDE

Moves
21 Mar 07

Originally posted by Tonx
You wait till they make next move and then you move and so on and so on.

What is the problem? They are moving within the agreed timescales.

🙄

a

THORNINYOURSIDE

Moves
21 Mar 07

Originally posted by cheshirecatstevens
I am in a tournament with the same player. I think this is a clear case of abusing the vacation system.
They are playing within the clearly agreed rules. The stupid vacation rules were implemented following a majority vote

[voteid]13[/voteid]

Annoying yes, legal yes.

Just beat them.

c

Moves
26 Mar 07

Is it lastpawnstanding? He's doing it to me too. Very annoying.

X
Cancerous Bus Crash

p^2.sin(phi)

Moves
26 Mar 07

Originally posted by connerac
Is it lastpawnstanding? He's doing it to me too. Very annoying.
IF IT IS ANNOYING YOU THEN YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE PLAYED GAMES WITH SHUCH LONG TIMEOUT/TIMEBANK .

c

Russ's Pocket

Moves
27 Mar 07

Originally posted by adramforall
They are playing within the clearly agreed rules. The stupid vacation rules were implemented following a majority vote

[voteid]13[/voteid]

Annoying yes, legal yes.

Just beat them.
He ran out of time then put up the flag. I didn't get to click the skull because when I went to bed he still had an hour. The flag went up after I was asleep. He had 0 time left and 0 time bank he used the vacation flag as a safety net. Its not a big deal.

a

THORNINYOURSIDE

Moves
27 Mar 07

He ran out of time then put up the flag. I didn't get to click the skull because when I went to bed he still had an hour. The flag went up after I was asleep. He had 0 time left and 0 time bank he used the vacation flag as a safety net. Its not a big deal.
You should have stayed up for that extra hour 😉

The only good thing is that once certain players have exhausted their HOLIDAY SAFETY NET then thats it, they have to play or be timed out.

I am against the holidays, I voted against the holidays, but unfortunately more people voted for holidays than against 🙁 and now we are stuck with the HOLIDAY SAFETY NET .

😠

e8

Moves
30 Mar 07

Try playing in your sleep.