24 May '07 15:57
    Well taken. Thank you.
  2. Standard memberDragon Fire
    Lord of all beasts
    searching for truth
    Moves
    29 May '07 12:281 edit
    Originally posted by adramforall
    Unknown to you however, your holiday opponent has managed to gain access to the net and moves on the evening of the 11th. They then play daily and on Sunday the 14th a little skull appears against both the games which they duly click on.

You return from your long break to find yourself with two losses. IS THAT FAIR? IS IT YOU FAULT? IS IT HOLIDAY ABUSE?
    Quite fair. If you are going to be away 4 days in a 3/0 tournament and don't put your vacation flag up you have only yourself to blame if you are timed out.

When I go on vacation I don't know if I will be able to access the net or not so I must plan on the assumption that I will not. As a general rule the vacation flag achieves little as your timebank still whittles away but if there is a danger of any of your games being timed out then it must be a good idea to set it. If you can get on the net and move, great but if you cannot at least you won't be timed out by those jerks who never respected your vacation flag in the past and timed you out (in a totally lost position for them of course) at the first available opportunity.
  3. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    30 May '07 14:50
    You return from your long break to find yourself with two losses. [b] IS THAT FAIR? IS IT YOU FAULT? IS IT HOLIDAY ABUSE?
    [/b]
    It's fair and it would be your own fault. You were too stingy to use a miserly day's holiday and gambled that your on holiday opponent wouldn't return (remember Russ has said that you have to make all your moves BEFORE turning off your vacation flag, as otherwise you can be TO'd straight away)

If you are in a 1/0 tournie and don't feel you'll be able to move every day, then use your vacation allowance. It's not abuse, it's just using the available facilities.

D
  4. Joined
    04 Jan '07
    Moves
    03 Jun '07 20:39
    You feel like taking a long weekend, and book a short notice long break from Friday to Monday, after all its a bank holiday, so you move on Thursday the 11th and with all you games having plenty of time available and your holiday opponent away till the 22nd you go off on your long weekend and do not access the Internet nor show yourself as on holiday as it is not necessary since you appear to have ...[text shortened]... daily and on Sunday the 14th a little skull appears against both the games which they duly click on.
    So put yourself on holiday before your long weekend?

Peoples plans change and they may have to cut their holiday short for whatever reason.

Personally, I don't enter 1/0 games because there are occassions I won't be online for 24 hours.
  5. Standard memberDutch Defense
    Stealer of Souls
    Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Jun '07 18:491 edit
    A certain individual in Tournament 2061 has decided to go on holiday but manages to move everyday.

I am 110% certain that the only reason for the holiday is to avoid timeouts.

Bluddy stoopid vacation idea. 😠
    They're just using up their vacation time. Eventually, they won't be able to go on vacation without being timed out. 😵

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree