1. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    23 Jul '04 05:36
    As a rookie who just joined up a month ago, I have a question: Do all tourneys all go as slow as the Monsters of Rock Prize Fight (the first tourney I joined). It started 7-11-04 and I was scrolling down the lists and it looks like half the games haven't even finished 10 moves and a sizable percentage have made only 2 or 3 moves. Of 216 games, only 39 have finished. At this pace, whoever wins the Iron Maiden CD will be able to put it on a shelf with Al Jolson 78's and Irving Berlin's White Christmas!
  2. Standard memberskeeter
    515 + 30 days
    Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Jul '04 06:19
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    As a rookie who just joined up a month ago, I have a question: Do all tourneys all go as slow as the Monsters of Rock Prize Fight (the first tourney I joined). It started 7-11-04 and I was scrolling down the lists and it looks like half the games haven't even finished 10 moves and a sizable percentage have made only 2 or 3 moves. Of 216 games, ...[text shortened]... CD will be able to put it on a shelf with Al Jolson 78's and Irving Berlin's White Christmas!
    Hi no1marauder, on looking at your profile you are obviously in the wrong tourney. This is a moved based correspondence site and a 3day t/o / 14 day t/b is not definately not blitz, so why did you enter??

If you dont like the pace then get off the track.

skeeter
  3. Standard memberArther
    The Turtle Hermit
    Turtle Island
    Moves
    23 Jul '04 12:07
    Go easy skeeter.
    Yes, this is fairly typical pace for tournaments. An amazing number of players will actually play to the full 3-day t/o. I think they use the time to study their games to try & make their best move. Plenty of players play multiple times a day (thank goodness) but most seem to be able to manage about a move a day. If you check your opponents' profiles, you'll find many of them have huge loads of games in progress; so, they can't manage a lot of moves per game per day.
    Be patient, and take the time to check the quality of your own moves😀
  4. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    23 Jul '04 13:03
    Originally posted by skeeter
    Hi [b]no1marauder, on looking at your profile you are obviously in the wrong tourney. This is a moved based correspondence site and a 3day t/o / 14 day t/b is not definately not blitz, so why did you enter??

If you dont like the pace then get off the track.

skeeter[/b]
    Whoa, Skeeter take it easy! It's the first tourney I ever entered so I was just asking a question (and trying to do it in a light-hearted way). I joined this site NOT to play blitz or speed chess; but don't you think 2 moves in 11 days is extremely, um, "deliberative"?
  5. Standard memberArther
    The Turtle Hermit
    Turtle Island
    Moves
    23 Jul '04 13:43
    Don't be afraid to ask your opponent why he's playing so slow. I have. Some have a whole batch of 1-day t/o games, putting the slower games on the back burner. I had one fellow go on a business trip, & he couldn't get to the internet too often. I even had one that simply up and disappeared.
  6. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    23 Jul '04 14:51
    Originally posted by Arther
    Don't be afraid to ask your opponent why he's playing so slow. I have. Some have a whole batch of 1-day t/o games, putting the slower games on the back burner. I had one fellow go on a business trip, & he couldn't get to the internet too often. I even had one that simply up and disappeared.
    That's a very good point, thanks. Actually, my games are proceeding at a pretty good clip, but I was just wondering in general. I wasn't trying to tell anybody else how to play as long as their playing within the rules, I was just curious. If it's the long haul, fine; I'll stock up supplies in my chess bunker/fallout shelter and endure the siege!
  7. Standard memberExy
    Damn fine Clan!
    Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Jul '04 20:23
    My first tournament, a 1 day time out / 14 day time bank, started on Feb 25, it's still going 6 months later. Tournaments here are a pretty slow affair.
  8. Standard memberskeeter
    515 + 30 days
    Account suspended
    Moves
    24 Jul '04 02:531 edit

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

9. Standard membertlai1992
    Retired knight
    Chess Castle
    Moves
    24 Jul '04 18:10
    Yep, and [b]Sorry 'bout that Chief. I totally missread the tone of your post which was on reflection perfectly innocuous. The truth is I'm a slow mover myself and what with Prince Feivel and the rest of the rat pack always on my case I tend to "flame" first and apologise later. No offence intended and again, apols.

BR's skeeter [/b]
    Prince Feival? I must've misunderstood you

tlai1992
  10. Standard memberRavello
    The Rude©
    who knows?
    Moves
    24 Jul '04 19:07
    Originally posted by tlai1992
    Prince Feival? I must've misunderstood you

[b]tlai1992
    [/b]
    Leave them alone,this is a top players' business.............
  11. Standard membertlai1992
    Retired knight
    Chess Castle
    Moves
    24 Jul '04 20:49
    Originally posted by Ravello
    Leave them alone,this is a top players' business.............
    ok if you say so Ravello
  12. Standard memberNicolaiS
    Cannabist
    's-Gravenhage
    Moves
    25 Jul '04 09:211 edit
    Yep, and [b]Sorry 'bout that Chief. I totally missread the tone of your post which was on reflection perfectly innocuous. The truth is I'm a slow mover myself and what with Prince Feivel and the rest of the rat pack[ ...[text shortened]... ater. No offence intended and again, apols.

BR's skeeter
    rat pack?? and we already have a wolf pack ... anybody wanna join the feline pride?
  13. Standard memberskeeter
    515 + 30 days
    Account suspended
    Moves
    25 Jul '04 11:501 edit
    Originally posted by NicolaiS
    [b]rat pack?? and we already have a wolf pack ... anybody wanna join the feline pride?[/b]
    ".....and so her rats play where our Wolves fear to tread" ( William S. I think - Richard III, but stand to be corrected )

skeeter ( exits stage right )
  14. Standard memberThe Slow Pawn
    HIT THE LIGHTS
    Moves
    25 Jul '04 16:431 edit

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

15. Joined
    17 Feb '03
    Moves
    25 Jul '04 16:47
    Originally posted by The Slow Pawn
    With the 'rat pack' you can only mean the clans Feivel is playing for...
    And as I belong to both clans you have finally managed to cross another line - that of insulting ME -

... my go ...

QUOTE from the thread Jokes and culture of laugh posted by Skeeter

if I sound a bit raw, its coming up 2 years next month.

END OF QUOTE

Well ...[text shortened]... )

And don't you dare ever call me a RAT again

Boris

PS: Does it hurt, DOES IT ???

Is Willard nearby?

Feivel

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree