why why why why why why why

why why why why why why why

Tournaments

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AP

Moves
24 Jan 07

why does everybody talks about claiming timeouts in their profile?

L
5. f3

Moves
24 Jan 07

i not everybody 😉

SS

Moves
24 Jan 07
1 edit

a

THORNINYOURSIDE

Moves
24 Jan 07

Originally posted by Ason Pigg2
A win is a win.

You will learn this when you lose your first game to a timeout.

The sooner the site initiates auto timeouts for all games the better. It will stop all the crap about who timed out who.

🙂

z

Moves
24 Jan 07

As stated previously, certain people whine when they lose by timeout. Therefore, I simply follow the procedure in my profile every single time and they have no cause for complaint.

AP

Moves
24 Jan 07

Originally posted by zebano
As stated previously, certain people whine when they lose by timeout. Therefore, I simply follow the procedure in my profile every single time and they have no cause for complaint.
thanks for your comment but i hate french defence.

Forum Vampire

Sidmouth, Uk

Moves
27 Jan 07

Play c4 and avoid it entirely.

bt

Moves
29 Jan 07
1 edit

Originally posted by adramforall
The sooner the site initiates auto timeouts for all games the better. It will stop all the crap about who timed out who.

🙂
The only downside to auto-timeouts is that they could ruin a perfectly enjoyable game, where both players would like to continue playing.

Perhaps automatic timeouts could be restricted to tournament play only. Actually, I think it already works like that.

Moves
29 Jan 07

Originally posted by adramforall
🙂
As bee tea said. Auto-Timeouts for all games is nowhere near ideal. I play quite a few friendly games against opponents I enjoy playing and would never time them out, and I suspect they would never time me out either. I would be quite upset if the system auto-timed out the games either in or against my favor.

A

Frostbyte Falls

Moves
01 Feb 07

Cause it helps to warn off those people who when losing suddenly disappear for long lengths of time.
If you want to play chess then play according to the rules, and time is one of the rules.
I don't like clocks in OTB, but you must live by the rules.😠:'(

Forum Vampire

Sidmouth, Uk

Moves
01 Feb 07

Delilah

i
Big Cheese

Pacific NW

Moves
01 Feb 07

Originally posted by Armagoden
Cause it helps to warn off those people who when losing suddenly disappear for long lengths of time.
If you want to play chess then play according to the rules, and time is one of the rules.
I don't like clocks in OTB, but you must live by the rules.😠:'(
The solution to people dissapearing for long periods of time when losing is too have lots of games going. Then you dont care - you are not waiting for them.

Auto time outs mean loss of free will and personal choice. Just because some people whine doesnt mean we shouldnt have the choice. Or should we let the whiners dictate our rules and actions?

Then the French would rule the World!

a

THORNINYOURSIDE

Moves
02 Feb 07

Originally posted by bee tea
The only downside to auto-timeouts is that they could ruin a perfectly enjoyable game, where both players would like to continue playing.

Perhaps automatic timeouts could be restricted to tournament play only. Actually, I think it already works like that.
I agree, some poeple you just wouldn't timeout.

The way round this would be to have an auto-timeout tick facility on the game when it is initiated and if you do not want the auto-timeout to kick in then you untick.

Gets round the "friendly games" you wouldn't want to timeout.

Unfortunately I have been on the receiving end of a few timeouts where having not timeouted the opponent because I thought we were having a good game, I have found myself being timed out. No doubt others have been as well.

I think this is what makes me a little more cynical and in favour of the auto-timeout.