Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Tournaments Forum

Tournaments Forum

  1. 01 Jun '07 15:34
    there is one player with a rating of over 1750 in the following tournament:
    Vetranio Grouped Random 1400-1500
    How are the rest of us supposed to win it then?
  2. 01 Jun '07 17:32
  3. Standard member Ragnorak
    For RHP addons...
    01 Jun '07 18:10
    Originally posted by tjmarti
    there is one player with a rating of over 1750 in the following tournament:
    Vetranio Grouped Random 1400-1500
    How are the rest of us supposed to win it then?
    Interesting you should start this thread considering your own rating.

    D
  4. Standard member irontigran
    Rob Scheider is..
    01 Jun '07 18:55
    lol...yes,
  5. 02 Jun '07 03:13
    Originally posted by jvanhine
    lol...yes,
    exactly my point. Even when my rating far exceeds the upper band, imagine my disappointment to find that, statistically speaking, I still dont stand much of a chance!
  6. 02 Jun '07 14:28
    Originally posted by tjmarti
    exactly my point. Even when my rating far exceeds the upper band, imagine my disappointment to find that, statistically speaking, I still dont stand much of a chance!
    So you are pissed that someone with a higher rating than you will possibly win the tournament, even though your rating far exceeds the ratings limits as well.

    That is priceless lol
  7. Standard member Bedingbedang
    commente moi donc ├ža
    02 Jun '07 15:56
    Originally posted by tjmarti

    How are the rest of us supposed to win it then?
    A suggestion: by playing better chess?

    The idea behind banded tournaments isn't about who's the better sandbagger, you know...it's still about chess (or at least, it's supposed to be)
  8. 02 Jun '07 19:06
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    Neither can I. It's like saying he did it better than me and it's so unfair,
  9. Standard member Ragnorak
    For RHP addons...
    02 Jun '07 19:25
    Originally posted by Bedingbedang
    A suggestion: by playing better chess?

    The idea behind banded tournaments isn't about who's the better sandbagger, you know...it's still about chess (or at least, it's supposed to be)
    In fairness, I don't think there is sandbagging involved here.

    Both players have just improved. This tournament started 2 months ago, only a couple of months after tj joined, so his rating hadn't reached it's level yet. And the other guy has obviously just started taking lessons from somebody rated 2800+ recently.

    The irony of the pot calling out the kettle is great though.

    D
  10. 02 Jun '07 21:08
    The highest rated player is not invincible in this tournament....he lost a game to a 1495 rated player, so the final result is hardly a foregone conclusion.
  11. 03 Jun '07 12:43 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by PeterSwan2
    The highest rated player is not invincible in this tournament....he lost a game to a 1495 rated player, so the final result is hardly a foregone conclusion.


    It is 42 games since User 348774 was last defeated and that was by a 1600+ player.

    Not a bad recent record 37 wins, 4 draws, 1 loss.
  12. Standard member dsmfire
    happy
    03 Jun '07 18:26
    Originally posted by adramforall


    It is 42 games since User 348774 was last defeated and that was by a 1600+ player.

    Not a bad recent record 37 wins, 4 draws, 1 loss.
    I am impressed. i wish i could make such an improvement.